Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maak View Post
    People complaining about Tier 13 being available only through The Dragon Soul are actually making me laugh. So you casual people were complaining about gear being so easy to obtain since cleaning the Zandalari instances 7 times a week was enough to gear up as fast as raiding people. I actually love this "back to basis" thing. It'll help distinguish people deserving their gear and people gearing up without deserving the gear (supposedly with the Dragon Soul bosses being some kinda challenge). It was about time this change was made.
    The part that makes it even funnier is that there will be an e-z mode raid available to get pieces more quickly than the points would have allowed... So, qq.

I totally get that it is healthy for the game to be able to imporve your character at max level through multiple paths to appeal to different playstyles... That doesn't mean you you get equal or same rewards for those paths.

Of course, what is missing is more-compelling high-end quest lines.

It would be really cool if they opened up end-game with the option of PVP, Dungeon, Raid, and Quest paths that each, at the top level, rewarded epics, but that were tailored to the content- PvP gear was itemized and set-bonused for PVP, quest gear leaned towards solo'ing, raid gear built around the more complex raid gameplay (AKA, balances out for hit caps, etc, rewards the deeper DPS rotations w/ higher DPS benefits) and dungeon gear that specialized in abilities that come into play in shorter-term fights, trash abilities, etc.

Of course, that would be a lot of work, and that seems to run counter to current design strategy, at least until that next xouple million subscribers gets eaten.

Deleted
    This sounds very nice, even though I will never ever duell a rogue again.....EVER!

Selfmade Signature
    Last edited by mmocdb289c84eb; 2011-09-19 at 08:00 PM.

It's a bit irritating that rogues are getting another legendary after the only game in which they didn't was WotLK (they could get Thunderfury in classic and the Warglaives in BC, skipped Wrath, now their very own dagger..), but I was willing to just deal because after all, it's the last content patch of the expansion and I honestly lol @ rogues for that. Remember Shadowmourne? Yep, useless by 82? 83? So enjoy farming it and having it be worthless for the next raid content you do. However, I think it's exceedingly stupid that Blizzard seems to think rogues need two legendaries every time they're up for it. So you dual-wield, big whoop. Thunderfury, which was actually a weapon for every melee class that could use swords, required you to offhand a standard epic (or mainhand in some strange cases). But the two rogue ones? They apparently get a two for one deal, which isn't particularly fair to anyone else. You didn't see them giving Titan Grip warriors two Shadowmournes, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    caverns of time WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    what the hell do your alts need gear if you dont raid with them ???

YOU WANT GEAR ON YOUR ALT ???? Raid with it... NOTHING will change
    So you take your gear off when you dont raid? I've said it before, Ill continue saying it. Make raid gear useable ONLY in raid instances and you will stop people from complaining about being shut out from that gear. Easy fricking solution and its fair to everyone in the game. I mean, after all, what do you need raid gear for if you arent going to RAID with it, right?

"With all the talk about a legendary weapon that transforms “you could have a 2-handed version or a 1-handed version”, too much of that I think starts to suck away what is really special about the legendary when it can turn into all these different things." I call BS! A 1-handed/2-handed version of basically the same mace would work for all 4 tanking classes. Two doesn't equal "all these different things". This way of obtaining legendary weapons is going to get old fast if they keep it up. Basically they are saying "wait a few years and MAYBE your class/spec will get a weapon that is special to them" and that will only be useable for a few months until the release of the next patch or expansion. And btw, I am not a tank! I just think it's their time. I see a shortage of tanks all around (yes, even after DK's were made playable), and a legendary would definitely persuade some of the better players to play a tank for an expansion.

No Old God

So... we don't get to fight N'Zath, the old god who's actually behind everything?

Quote Originally Posted by quantaron View Post
    So... we don't get to fight N'Zath, the old god who's actually behind everything?
    It's N'zoth...

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedas View Post
    It's N'zoth...
    It's N'ot anything at all, apparently.

Shame, too, because the Old God encounters are the most interesting and fun raids in wow history. I was really looking forward to another one.

Real quick thing about the melee buff in the raid.

The fights in this tier will apparently heavily favor ranged due to mechanics and allowing encounters to be designed freely. To keep all melee competitive through the tier, they will buff them while in raid. This way they won't buff then in other parts of the game and they don't have to nerf after the raid was done because the next one doesn't favor ranged so much.

Please, use your heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The 3000+ quests 1-60 revamp want a word with you.

Dislike the short 80-85 but stop lying about the amount of content Cataclysm offered. It's by far the most of any expansion.
    Why do Blizzard/WoW fanboys keep using this argument? 1-60 revamp is only content you will see on an alternate character and not at end-game. Sure, the game had a lot of "content" if you include all the changes done to Azeroth questing, but if you look at the end-game content which you can argue is where most people have fun (because it actually involves the "community"), then very little was done in this expansion. Take off your rose-tinted glasses, for goodness sake.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Below you will find the history of Blizzard from the end of Wrath to now.

End of WotLK

Blizzard: Homogenize buffs so that groups have the ability to "Bring the player, and not the class."
    Ghostcrawler: Bring the player, not the class eh? Sounds like a good idea.

Cataclysm releases.

Tier 11

Blizzard: Melee classes feel sad!
    Ghostcrawler: We'll give a legendary to casters classes!

Tier 12

Blizzard: Why again did we give the legendary to casters?
    Ghostcrawler: Because the melee classes felt sad!
    Blizzard: But rogues feel sad!
    Ghostcrawler: We'll give them a legendary!
    Blizzard: Great idea! We'll completely scrap our previous philosophy on homogenization and require everyone to bring rogues!
    Ghostcrawler: Whoa, man you said lots of words there.

Tier 13 (Future)

Blizzard: Wow, that didn't go over well.
    Ghostcrawler: Where'd all the subscribers go?
    This made my day.

Deleted
    Dominate pve and pvp with the same weapon...Good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryalerioux View Post
    How is that fair? so Rogues have been QQ'ing that mages have higher dps... ok so we'll give them a legendary...

but there are some Classes that have never had a legendary that was usable with their class/spec like feral druids or Enh shammy. Rogues were on the warglaives, so it's not like they never had one they could use.

I actually had been excited that for once there would be a legendary that I could use... but no... again denied...

Why the hell would blizzard make something like this so limited? It's not fair to those of use who play and excell at our classes and love our spec... then to be told oh the new legendary it's something you could use... but we are making it class specific to a class that your not, have fun...

I'm sorry but this really is not fair.
    Cry some more. It's just a fucking virtual weapon in a video game. You have better things to bitch about.

[QUOTE=Andromedas;13276758]Why do Blizzard/WoW fanboys keep using this argument? 1-60 revamp is only content you will see on an alternate character and not at end-game. Sure, the game had a lot of "content" if you include all the changes done to Azeroth questing, but if you look at the end-game content which you can argue is where most people have fun (because it actually involves the "community"), then very little was done in this expansion. Take off your rose-tinted glasses, for goodness sake.[COLOR="red"]
    So you use a fanboy argument....and you're posting on a WoW fansite....hmm....
    Sorry had to point that out, Anyway
    -------------
    I'm actualy really excited for it, and I've learned that people posting will never be happy, so I don't read it except for amusment. They /seem/ to be trying to take some lessions and really apply them, while some there kind of repeating. With the LFR difficulty I hope to god there's no more nerfs so "people can see the content". Chances are for some, it'll be a step in the progression stone, and who knows it /may/ help, but I dunno, excited to see and excited to try, same with grinding for my tier gear, Darkmoon fair and nerdgasming over the instances. xD I'ma definatly have some good fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ysera looks more malevolent than Deathwing

Terrible. So glad I closed my account.

And blizzard stats that there are a lack of tanks.. guess what, a legendary tanking shield or a tanking 2h(staff/pole/axe for druid/dk) will increase the number of tanks, every tank will come rushing to raids or starts gearing themselves in heroics.

A legendary for 1 specific class.... It's too obvious you are simply trying to promote players to play this least raided class, which will prove to be another failure because tons of people will have valid reasons to complain due to rogues having TF/TB/Bow as their legendaries.

I'm not going to say anything about the re-hashed new 5mans, because trolls can't resist their urge to post unproductive comments like 'oh this again', when they don't realise its blizzard who rehash stuffs.

Though I have to point out, Murozond is great and refreshing, other than that, it's Northrend re-hash 'new' 5 mans.

I'm disappointed. Where is my new daily quest hub in 4.3? What am i going to grind for vanity pet 160 and mount 130? /sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855
    I mean what people on the world did actually complete those 3000 quests ?
    It's like when raids was only for 0.1% of the wow population, but i guess if that had been the case this xpack that wouldn't have counted as content for you am I right ?

Think before you write about failing. Content is supposed to be accesible and fun for the majority of the wow population and I think only a minority of wow player's acctually completed all those revamped quests.
    So the 1-60 content isn't accessible?

Everybody can do any of the 1-60 3000 quests, there's no limit barring them from doing it. This is completely different than, for example, original Naxx when only a fraction of the playerbase even stepped foot in there.

Again, the failure of your post is astounding.

All you people complaining about not being able to get tier from valor are what I like to call, "wrathfags" because that's exactly how it was in The Burning Crusade. Live with it. Better then being able to get your RAID TIER PIECES from HEROICS, IMO.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-09-20 at 05:13 AM.