Post Retribution Paladin dps issue.

Hi everyone,

According to what I have been reading, paladins' best stat after strength and hit/exp cap is Mastery, and I've been doing that and neglecting crit/haste pretty much and now I have about 20.50 Mastery, 6% crit and 6% haste.

I'm doing about 18 to 21k dps pretty random depends on my procs + using the spells on the proper time. I'm very sure my rotation is correct, and you can have a look at my gear here

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Highlord/simple

Deleted
    but ekhem, where?

in raids, in heroics 5man-boss fights/trash??

anyway you have 3expertise above needed cap, so it's pretty useless...reforge it away.

same with hit, You are not hit capped, you lack those 0,7% which is....much, reforge to IT away.

another thing,talent Acts of sacrifice it's pretty useless PVE wise, move 1 or even 2 points from that to "Eye for an Eye"...free DPS increase is free.

also, the neck of Yours is rather tanking one....get the one from shannox or for VP.

Futhermore the belt of yours is also for tanks, get the one for reputation, it's better...

Remember it's Strenght>=hit/exp cap>mastery not Mastery>str>hit/exp cap. So to summarize, a little work needed and you should be moar OK.

But don't expect too much, retri is the weakest of melee classes out there, and 1 of the weakest at all.

But that doesn't take away chance from you to top recount with your skills when you have medicore/bad players all around you.

and sometimes you might even get ranked, without those precious HC epics other's have.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bakox/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-md...?s=7252&e=7708

cheers
    Last edited by mmocb3047fe377; 2011-09-19 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So....what exactly is the "issue" that you want us to be aware of?

18 to 21k isn't enough? That seems fine for the types of encounters you're facing, to be honest.

And...you probably should check this rather popular thread before you make new threads like this one.

Just trying to help. :S

PS, if you need something to look at/compare in the meantime, you can take a gander at my armory. Just click that signature of mine right down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    So....what exactly is the "issue" that you want us to be aware of?

18 to 21k isn't enough? That seems fine for the types of encounters you're facing, to be honest.

And...you probably should check this rather popular thread before you make new threads like this one.

Just trying to help. :S

PS, if you need something to look at/compare in the meantime, you can take a gander at my armory. Just click that signature of mine right down there.

the problem with that dps is other class with similar gear/ilvl can pull a good 4-7k more dps

i feel your pain my friend, i pull 30k in burst but then fall back down the low 20s untill my cds are up. : (
    at least my censure crits for 15k with every cd up and every proc imaginable :P

10+ Year Old Account
    To the creator of the thread this topic really belongs in rate the paladin above you sticky thread as ghostomic said.

However I will comment that for your gear level & what your running you dps is actually fairly good.

That being said there really isn't much you can do to improve it as ret dps is based heavily on uncontrollable RNG procs & (easily dispelled by almost half the classes out there ) cool downs meaning far to much is left up to luck.

Blizzard has known this since before release & plans on doing something to fix it (lets just hope they put actual forethought into it this time unlike beta, 4.1 & 4.2 where all they did was rush half assed bandaid fixes without testing them), Until they do fix things (or screw them up further) all we can really do is wait & see.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account
    He isn't asking for a rating he is asking about Paladin DPS while the rating thread isn't really the right place to go either there are about a kajillion posts about Ret DPS. Few things that we need to know before we can say that is normal.

Raid content 10 or 25? 5 Mans? Also you are in prot gear on your armory so that doesn't help either. If you are talking about 18-21K in 5 mans that is fine for around probably ilevel 370-378 I pull 30-35K in 5 mans because boss fights are so short you have Zealotry up for nearly the entire fight where my Shaman in ilevel 370 pulls 22-26K.

Really what your saying doesn't help until we know the specifics, content you are talking about and armory link in ret gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

What I am trying to explain is in raids, I may perhaps be using my procs wrong I just don't really know. I've checked the sticky posts but it got me confused. Isn't there a basic more clear post than the one here?

And i'm on my DPS gear now.

What about the sticky don't you understand? The priority system?

I did. I've got an additional question. Inquisition doesn't increase the damage of crusader strike right? Our mastery says it increases them as holy damage and inquisition is +holy damage but with or w/o Inquisition, my CS / TV damage is the same.

Edit : @BDF I do understand the priority system, but I need to know when is the right time to use Zealotry + Guardian of ancient kings*