Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    This. Knowing Blizzard this will revolve a lot of time and either a dedicated Guild or a gullible (and decent) PUG, so at least let the other classes who can DW Daggers (Warrior, Shaman and Hunter) get it for lore and flavour. I mean, pretty much any sword-wielding class can get Thunderfury and the Warglaives were changed to allow DKs to get them (still think Hunters should be able to get them even if I don't play one).

But one class? Seriously, Blizzard? The highest restriction ever was the Warglaives and there was no epic questline, nothing real lore except 'it's Illidan's weapon that he stole from a demon' to lose out on for players. Now I have to roll a Rogue just to experience this piece of lore.
    Thunderfury was class restriced to paladins, rogues and warriors prior to wrath I believe. All I know is that in 3.0.8(?) they changed it so DK's could get the bindings, then a patch or two down the line changed it so every class could loot it.

But yes seriously. One class. And I think its a good way to go for legendaries. I mean, they are meant to be legendary items afterall, available to few and rare. If every class could use every legendary then it'd just be like a special epic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Deathwing falls to the might of two tiny daggers stabbing at his toes.

Fits the story perfect, enjoy being special snowflakes because clearly thats what blizzard wants rogues to be, they even said so in one of the Q&As.
    As if rogues needed to feel any more special then they already are.
    I bet if the legendary was for you, you wouldn't be complaining

My one and only issue with this legendary having such a narrow appeal is the fact that guilds (10 man guilds in particular) might not have a rogue, and it's very unlikely that they'll have two (should it be collected faster than the Firelands one). Now I think it's good that they don't try and balance every single thing to be equally fair, but a Legendary is content. It's something an entire raid is proud of, not just the one guy, and there will be guilds that just will not be collecting a Legendary in the up coming raid due to not having a rogue. To me that's like missing a boss or a part of the dungeon completely. Imagine never doing the legendary questlines in Firelands. Never seeing that extra encounter. For a lot of people that probably doesn't matter, but for me personally I am happy to have seen it. It's part of the instance and what makes it feel alive. Luckily I'm not in this situation as we do indeed have a rogue.

That being said I think it's a very exciting legendary and I think it's brave of Blizzard to release a legendary with such a narrow appeal. Maybe in the future we'll see legendaries that aren't role based but which could appeal cross roles. A branch of some sort with a gem from the Emerald Dream on the top where changing the gem would change it's purpose (appealing to druids), or a hammer of holy light appealing to disc/holy priests and paladins.

Overall I'm happy with this legendary, but I could imagine myself being a bit gutted if I never got to be part of making one

I fear this is a roundabout way of admitting that the rogues are the least played class and they are now giving us something shiny to distract our dieing class. Well it worked for me, I can't wait to try them out as combat, just worried that they will cause us to go down a path where all specs will use daggers from this patch on to help lighten the load of dealing with enhancement shamans jealousy of our swords.

Still can't wait to stabbity stab stab stab my way through Deathwing!

Edit: I believe this was foreshadowed when cata first was released, remember the archeology achievement Blue Streak, in it you had to find out how this dragon was killed, and it turned out that the rogue of the group killed it with his dagger, Silver Kris of Korl. Kinda like how the epic troll sword foreshadow Hakkar and the renew Zul'Gurub.
    Last edited by Zasso; 2011-09-19 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    There isn't any Legendary currently in game that is limited to a single class, they've all been available to at least two classes and I agree it should be something that other agility classes could use(since it was already decided to be a "rogue" legendary it's only right to say agility classes) but that would limit it slightly more than it already is since it would have to be a mace, axe, or fist and as far as I know only Combat would make use of those weapon types so while it would be opened up to more classes it would get even less use. I also understand that they may want more Rogues to be played but throwing them a legendary to do it is just stupid, it'll be like the CtA Satchel from Random Dungeons, yeah it'll work but only for like a month and then it'll very likely be back the way it was before.
    It could just as well stay daggers.
    Enhas have no objections as long as they are slow (and if they would have something to make them work for combat, who want slow MH too, it would just as well work for enhance)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    I'm all for giving rogues another legendary since the glaives, but rogue only? That's retarded. Is there even another single class legendary out there? Enough whining seemed to work on the classes part. At least give the other 2 handed classes something to dabble in....It's just plain retarded imo.
    Yeah our guild won't have use of it. They could atleast have made it good for rogue's and usable for other classes but NO they had to make it unique to a class that isn't played a lot in pve. Now you'll have random pvp'er going pve just to get the daggers for arena and that's it. Nice fail blizzard nice fail once again you menage to dissapoint a lot of your customers. I bet there holding a bet inside for whoever can make wow lose the most sub's in a short amount of time.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zasso View Post
    I fear this is a roundabout way of admitting that the rogues are the least played class and they are now giving us something shiny to distract our dieing class. Well it worked for me, I can't wait to try them out as combat, just worried that they will cause us to go down a path where all specs will use daggers from this patch on to help lighten the load of dealing with enhancement shamans jealousy of our swords.

Still can't wait to stabbity stab stab stab my way through Deathwing!

Edit: I believe this was foreshadowed when cata first was released, remember the archeology achievement Blue Streak, in it you had to find out how this dragon was killed, and it turned out that the rogue of the group killed it with his dagger, Silver Kris of Korl. Kinda like how the epic troll sword foreshadow Hakkar and the renew Zul'Gurub.
    Enjoy backstabbing him when your on the little island in front of him

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Deathwing falls to the might of two tiny daggers stabbing at his toes.

Fits the story perfect, enjoy being special snowflakes because clearly thats what blizzard wants rogues to be, they even said so in one of the Q&As.
    As if rogues needed to feel any more special then they already are.
    considering rogues arent that great right now, and havent been that great all expac, i dont know what your talking about.
    Casterclysm bro.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    considering rogues arent that great right now, and havent been that great all expac, i dont know what your talking about.
    Casterclysm bro.
    Least we're awesome in cleave fights!

Deleted
    Casterclysm bro.
    Oh there you are Didn't I tell you in yoru doomsday thread that they would buff melee if they fell far behind?

MH doesn't need to be 2.3 or something ludicrous; all they have to do is make a two-formula option for SS damage (weapon damage + X if dagger, weapon damage + Y if not). It's not that hard.

Consolidating the weapon types that need to drop from bosses is a good thing; as it stands Firelands daggers are massively overrepresented on the tables.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Oh there you are Didn't I tell you in yoru doomsday thread that they would buff melee if they fell far behind?
    there not buffing melee though, there providing us a zone buff. so instead of fixing the problem there bandaiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Yeah great. Same shitty solution they had in sunwell with lowering tanks avoidence.

Prepare to be legendary ganged!

Deleted
    there not buffing melee though, there providing us a zone buff. so instead of fixing the problem there bandaiding it.
    Regardless of how it was fixed, they did see the problem and the applied a fix, however shitty it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post

Enjoy backstabbing him when your on the little island in front of him
    Well they might do the rag/magmaw thing and have the hit box count as back in a larger area, and the way the fight was described we might no even be facing him all that much outside of a tank and healer, so we will have to wait and see.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zasso View Post
    Well they might do the rag/magmaw thing and have the hit box count as back in a larger area, and the way the fight was described we might no even be facing him all that much outside of a tank and healer, so we will have to wait and see.
    If anything we could just go Combat in the fight and mash the sinister strike button to his face.

Deleted
    the tears must flow

Deleted
    And to all the haters:

How did the team decide to make a Rogue weapon rather than a tanking weapon for this legendary?
    Ghostcrawler: It’s really funny because every player out there wants and almost expects the next legendary is going to be for them. We try not to let it fall into too much of a pattern. We want legendaries to be something exciting, something that is earned, not something that you “deserve” because it is “your time to get one”.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point on making a class specific legendary this is plain wrong.
    Everyone from this point would say "Why i have to share my legendary with X others classes Rogues got their class-only in the previous expansion"
    The current legendary is usable by 4 classes the previous was usable by 3 and so on.

Unless they changed their philosophy to single-class legendaries, this is wrong.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-19 at 08:10 AM.

Being a rogue, I'm happy they are putting daggers as legendaries. I'll say the same thing on the next 20 threads that are started on this topic. I'm also hoping that combat will be as good with the daggers as the other specs are, like Ghostcrawler said it should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    What's the point on making a class specific legendary this is plain wrong.
    Everyone from this point would say "Why i have to share my legendary with X others classes Rogues got their class-only in the previous expansion"
    did every other class get assfucked as much as rogues did this expac?