Thread: So blood?

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    So blood?

    Yeah... so how do you beat a blood DK? 2v1 feral druid and rogue vs Blood DK... and he killed us both. How are you supposed to beat that much Damage and healing exactly?

  2. #2
    entangle, moonfire spam. then disarm him and unload dps till his weap is back then entangle/clone for dr on disarm, into another disarm and dps. if hes not dead yet entangle moonfire. Dont forget to sooth him when after you get off so he doesnt rip your face off on that deathgrip.

  3. #3
    you can also shiv his stacks on vengence off when he DGs you back in or if the damage is starting to seem high

  4. #4
    Blademaster Rossi4646's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    41
    Most of the time for me... I am lucky. The dk is attacking a friend or another player. I click on his bloodworms and hemo them and they die.

    I spam shiv a couple of times to get rid of his enrage effects. And constantly gouge to slow the fight down.

    Edit: PS.. If it is 1v1. I just stealth away and don't fight. Not worth it.

  5. #5
    Thanks all :/ Just... I don't know it seems really stupid that they can do that -_- I accept I'm still rather new to arena's but its odd that I can have no cooldowns up and lose to a tank >_>

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Thanks all :/ Just... I don't know it seems really stupid that they can do that -_- I accept I'm still rather new to arena's but its odd that I can have no cooldowns up and lose to a tank >_>
    Good chunk of it is the vengeance change. Increased tank damage a good bit

    The very design of blood as it is has always caused issues for melee in PvP if you didn't know how to counter it, more so than other classes.

    inb4 nerd blood with concepts that would make blood a joke in PvE
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Imbashiethz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,164
    If you're losing 2v1 you're just being bad really. The problem is not staying alive against a blood dk, the (slight) problem is that they heal so much, staying alive is easy.
    If you have the vial of shadows I imagine killing a blood dk is pretty easy. Atleast if I had it, killing blood dks would be alot easier then it currently is.

  8. #8
    1. Liberal use of Shiv.
    2. Line up CC in roughly this order: Gouge->Kindey Shot->Dismantle->Gouge-> throw in some kiting->luck->repeat
    3. Shadow Dance during Kidney
    4. Lots of more luck if the blood DK is really good.

    Against really bad blood DKs (and Feral tanks) my strat leaves them baffled. The goal of it is to basically prevent them from the massive Death Strikes that heal them. Also, DO NOT let vengeance stay up for even a second. If you do, you will feel it really quickly.

  9. #9
    I remember kiting one to death with my throwing weapon which had Crippling Poison on it.

    But in all seriousness, disarm. Make use of it. Against mediocre Death Knights you can usually kill them during one disarm.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Incinerator, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I remember kiting one to death with my throwing weapon which had Crippling Poison on it.

    But in all seriousness, disarm. Make use of it. Against mediocre Death Knights you can usually kill them during one disarm.
    There's no reason for a Blood DK not to save his trinket for a 10 second disarm when he's up against a Rogue.

    OT: Always, always make sure he's Tranquilized by Shivving him whenever he has Vengeance. That'll negate A LOT his damage.

  11. #11
    What they did to blood dk's is ridiculous. The main guilds didn't even use a DK to tank their content.........all they did was ruin pvp, again.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    There's no reason for a Blood DK not to save his trinket for a 10 second disarm when he's up against a Rogue.
    There is also no reason for the said Death Knight not to eat his ghoul, have a weapon chain on some weapon, use Icebound Fortitude, or fill in anything else you can think of here. I added the word 'mediocre' for a reason. Generally at the lower rankings (which you know, the OP is currently playing in) you don't have to worry about your disarms getting trink'd.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Incinerator, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    There is also no reason for the said Death Knight not to eat his ghoul, have a weapon chain on some weapon, use Icebound Fortitude, or fill in anything else you can think of here. I added the word 'mediocre' for a reason. Generally at the lower rankings (which you know, the OP is currently playing in) you don't have to worry about your disarms getting trink'd.
    Might be just me, but the only kinds of Blood DKs I've met are either really good, or they're absolutely horrendous. (borderline braindead, not using Death Strike, gemming for Parry and such...)

  14. #14
    While many people wouldnt advocate this sort of play as a rogue, have you ever tried the attack/dot/stun/run method? Essentially you unload on him and stunlock him dot him up. Then run away restealth and keep doing it. It will be slow but its the most promising, timing a gouge then running los to restealth is essential. Smoke bomb works nice too (Most blood dks in arena are too thick to use DnD on top of smokebomb).

    Always shiv off the vegeance when it gets too high (Not a lot of rogues know about the dispell enrage part, sooth works too with your druid mate)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  15. #15
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Im sorry niteline, but i'm going to have to disprove your guide.
    You are thinking too simple.

    First off, you should open without getting hit and saving as many of your abilities for later use as you can. This means you should open with ambush and follow it up with anything to prevent being attacked yourself. I would recommend kidney shot as its not that costly and availeble again soon.

    At Icebound Fortitude, you can still gouge the DK. And you should do so. Follow it up by a blind which should be trinketed by the dk. At this point all you want is a restealth. So try getting away with sprint and cloak. Save smoke, you should not need it.

    When he pops Dancing Rune Weapon, you should not pop evasion, but keep avoiding him as much as you can. If you have no choice, dismantling him in it would be your best option.

    Remember that evasion no longer prevents the dk from healing. Death Strikes still heal even if dodged as of 4.3.

    Cloak should not be saved as an emergiency. You should never end up in the position in the first place, but if you do get low.. using a lot of control while maintaining your recuperate and just doing your standard damage is your best option.

    Use your 2 vanishes wisely, even though you should not end up at any dangerous health levels does not mean the stars cannot align for the DK. Make sure to have atleast one as an emergiency escape.

    Gouge all Death Grip's.
    I have posted this not too long ago. Using the search engine would have answered your question. Please use it

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    While many people wouldnt advocate this sort of play as a rogue, have you ever tried the attack/dot/stun/run method? Essentially you unload on him and stunlock him dot him up. Then run away restealth and keep doing it. It will be slow but its the most promising, timing a gouge then running los to restealth is essential. Smoke bomb works nice too (Most blood dks in arena are too thick to use DnD on top of smokebomb).
    You can't continuousely restealth because the dk is going to chains of ice/dot you up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Always shiv off the vegeance when it gets too high (Not a lot of rogues know about the dispell enrage part, sooth works too with your druid mate)
    Just shiv it off at first notice. They get a debuff preventing the gain of vengeance for the next 20 seconds. They should never get any of it.
    Last edited by Holo; 2012-01-03 at 11:15 AM.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  16. #16
    I probably just always run into baddie DK's but I just burst their bum, i've never beat one in the sense that i'm alive when they die, however I do beat them in the sense that I see them die from bleeds before I release lol.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Just shiv it off at first notice. They get a debuff preventing the gain of vengeance for the next 20 seconds. They should never get any of it.
    Well now, I learned something. Go me

    I really need to remake that big bad list of enrages Weak Aura script sooner or later.
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I remember kiting one to death with my throwing weapon which had Crippling Poison on it.

    But in all seriousness, disarm. Make use of it. Against mediocre Death Knights you can usually kill them during one disarm.
    omfg *MOD EDIT* you are still alive :O
    ( its a mee florian)

    Mod Edit: Name removal as requested.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2012-01-03 at 02:17 PM.
    Cryptdefiler level 90 warlock

  19. #19
    They're killable, but you needn't make many mistakes and you need to manage your cooldowns perfectly, while the DK can simply spam two buttons, make as many mistakes as he wants, and still laugh as you're smashed to oblivion.


    Usually, when I see one, I'll go deadly/wound and pop an premed SnD from stealth, open with garrote work to 5 and rupture, vanish and reopen. That usually puts enough surprise pressure for him to pop CDs and I can run away to restealth. I also linger a bit out of melee to bait his death grip wich I'd better gouge as soon as it's up. If I've still got my evasion + cloak and prep ready I'll be facing a dk with no cooldowns and possibly a worn down bone shield - that makes it a whole lot easier. Shiv vengence and make him bleed and stun when you can. If you're sub, get a 2-3 point recoup up for heals + added energy.

    I find Bloodknights slightly easier to beat as Assa, due to the extra poison damage and crazy output. Doesn't work every time though..far from it. If the Dk has more than half a brain and two fingers he will probably kill you anyway. I find it's generally easier to avoid them where possible and take the frustration out on the healers instead Not many things in this game are as satisfying as shadow dancing a healer to death in the first kidney.

    It's really ridiculous these days.

  20. #20
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,287
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Usually, when I see one, I'll go deadly/wound and pop an premed SnD from stealth, open with garrote work to 5 and rupture, vanish and reopen. That usually puts enough surprise pressure for him to pop CDs and I can run away to restealth. I also linger a bit out of melee to bait his death grip wich I'd better gouge as soon as it's up. If I've still got my evasion + cloak and prep ready I'll be facing a dk with no cooldowns and possibly a worn down bone shield - that makes it a whole lot easier. Shiv vengence and make him bleed and stun when you can. If you're sub, get a 2-3 point recoup up for heals + added energy.
    I can't see how you beat a blood dk without crippling poison and gouge. The damage from deadly poison really does nothing harmful :O

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •