Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10K gold for daggers that have not abilities and stats? Thanks, but no... At least now the Stage 1 daggers sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    10K gold for daggers that have not abilities and stats? Thanks, but no... At least now the Stage 1 daggers sux.
    It's the PTR, I'm sure they'll be updated with stats soon enough.

Deleted
    I don't get why people seem to be upset about having to pay 10k gold for a legendary, I mean no, you don't get it right away, but still...
    And if people are gonna start with arguments like "yeah but shadowmourne's epic version had stats! meh meh meh", well yes it did, but you were also required to use the weapon during several fights, where as there's no indication of that being the case with the daggers. And iirc, the shadow's edge wasn't even THAT good to use, so people that could used better weapons during the fights where it wasn't a requirement to wield it.

I'll happily pay 10k to get my bad daggers and have them bagged until the second stage. Afterall I don't pay 10k to get the first stage, it's so I can proceed to the last stage, I don't really care about the stages before that, but if I can use them, then yippie, but it doesn't bug me if it's not possible.

Deleted
    Its because right now i dont have 10k gold lol , but i want thoes daggers so i better get farming up gold .

Am i misunderstanding something or can you realy recieve second stage legendary(heroic ilvl) just by paying 10k gold and farming some trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Antvg View Post
    Am i misunderstanding something or can you realy recieve second stage legendary(heroic ilvl) just by paying 10k gold and farming some trash?
    Since the bosses or trash don't drop anything atm no one knows what the shadowy gems drop off of but I would think it would be bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Since the bosses or trash don't drop anything atm no one knows what the shadowy gems drop off of but I would think it would be bosses.
    I think it's pretty safe to assume that, since they mentioned elementium gem clusters, the 50 shadowy gems you need will drop from the "chance at epic gem" clusters that drop for each player off the bosses. This was mentioned when they were previewing epic gems, any time you kill a dragon soul boss, each player gets a cluster that contains blue gems with a lowish chance to for epic gems.

I'm just hoping the shadowy gems drop in addition to any other loot your cluster would contain.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmisfit View Post
    Personally I hope they have stats when they go live..
    Last edited by Jinivus; 2011-10-20 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    I don't get why people seem to be upset about having to pay 10k gold for a legendary, I mean no, you don't get it right away, but still...
    And if people are gonna start with arguments like "yeah but shadowmourne's epic version had stats! meh meh meh", well yes it did, but you were also required to use the weapon during several fights, where as there's no indication of that being the case with the daggers. And iirc, the shadow's edge wasn't even THAT good to use, so people that could used better weapons during the fights where it wasn't a requirement to wield it.

I'll happily pay 10k to get my bad daggers and have them bagged until the second stage. Afterall I don't pay 10k to get the first stage, it's so I can proceed to the last stage, I don't really care about the stages before that, but if I can use them, then yippie, but it doesn't bug me if it's not possible.
    This is exactly my belief as well. This chain seems to contain some very rogue aesthetics and I can't wait for the patch to hit live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to assume that, since they mentioned elementium gem clusters, the 50 shadowy gems you need will drop from the "chance at epic gem" clusters that drop for each player off the bosses. This was mentioned when they were previewing epic gems, any time you kill a dragon soul boss, each player gets a cluster that contains blue gems with a lowish chance to for epic gems.

I'm just hoping the shadowy gems drop in addition to any other loot your cluster would contain.
    So you're saying that we need to hope for a Shadowy Gem from that goodie bag we will get from killing bosses? I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything just it seems very odd to me since the "Elementium Gem Cluster" is legendary quality from what I've seen. If you got a source for what you just said I'd be more than happy to see it :P It would be pretty nice if it would be like that since we are 3 Rogues in my raiding team and having all 3 build up daggers basically togheter would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    That Blizzard is a bunch of liars that cant be trusted further then i could throw Deathwing :P
    Now if you were that gnome in badlands, you could trust them alot since he threw deathwing all the way to kalimdor.

On topic:
    It is kinda odd that they make a 1 class legendary when they said they wouldnt. Either way my thoughts are mostly that hopefully they dont nerf dragonwrath so its below the daggers. why? because even though dragonwrath is from firelands and the daggers from the next tier, a legendary from the same expac should be able to compete with other legendaries from the same expac.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    So you're saying that we need to hope for a Shadowy Gem from that goodie bag we will get from killing bosses? I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything just it seems very odd to me since the "Elementium Gem Cluster" is legendary quality from what I've seen. If you got a source for what you just said I'd be more than happy to see it :P It would be pretty nice if it would be like that since we are 3 Rogues in my raiding team and having all 3 build up daggers basically togheter would be awesome.
    What makes even less sense is the for the stage 3 daggers it says "Sharpening Your Fangs
    Collect 25 Elementium Gem Clusters from creatures in the Dragon Soul Raid encounter."
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=30116

So for stage 2 we get shadowy gems from Elementium Gem Clusters then for stage 3 we get 25 of the clusters themselfs.

If shadowy gems dropped 2 per boss that would be 3.1 weeks if 1 cluster per boss thats also 3.1 weeks 6.2 weeks to make a legendary? I'm guess none of these will have a 100% drop chance even for just 1 and will be pure rng on build times.
    Last edited by Wow; 2011-10-20 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    What makes even less sense is the for the stage 3 daggers it says "Sharpening Your Fangs
    Collect 25 Elementium Gem Clusters from creatures in the Dragon Soul Raid encounter."
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=30116

So for stage 2 we get shadowy gems from Elementium Gem Clusters then for stage 3 we get 25 of the clusters themselfs.

If shadowy gems dropped 2 per boss that would be 3.1 weeks if 1 cluster per boss thats also 3.1 weeks 6.2 weeks to make a legendary? I'm guess none of these will have a 100% drop chance even for just 1 and will be pure rng on build times.
    I agree with you, and yea I highly doubt that they will have a 100% drop chance. I hope that they will fix the charged decoder ring process so it counts 12 hours even when you're offline, since to me 12 hours online is quite alot if I really want to stay online to continue on my quest. Sounds silly imo

Is there any way to get to the third boss without killing the first two? And don't say "No" or speculate without having actually tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by henoka View Post
    the 397 dagger are the first set you get which is on par with normal loot in dragon soul.

if they make it applicable for rogues, it would be nice if at least enhacement shamans could use it as well (making it useful for them the same way it is supposed to be useful for combat rogues), else alot of 10m raids are "forced" to bring some rogue in there if they ever want to have the benefits of a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    I hope that they will fix the charged decoder ring process so it counts 12 hours even when you're offline, since to me 12 hours online is quite alot if I really want to stay online to continue on my quest. Sounds silly imo
    Wait, you want a legendary item set, but staying online is asked too much? It's not even hard, just don't log out when you're done for the day.
    What are you planning to do with, and if, you get the final reward? Log out and pose in the armory?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Wait, you want a legendary item set, but staying online is asked too much? It's not even hard, just don't log out when you're done for the day.
    Simply not logging out is not enough. You'll be disconnected after some time of inactivity. You can use some kind of auto keypress external utility, but I think it's against their ToS. So if you want to do it legally, you need to be glued to your PC for about 12 hours.

You need to press one button every hour. That's not exactly hard. And even if it was, 12 Hours gametime wait for a freaking legendary is laughable. What's next? orange loot from the justice vendor?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    What are you planning to do with, and if, you get the final reward? Log out and pose in the armory?
    Well take this as an example.

My raid ends at 01:00 CET. After that I got alittle while before I need to sleep before work, I can go and charge my ring and fly to Vermillion redoubt and do that part. I have to log out and be offline for many hours, I got a home to take care off so I wont be able to play again until 1-2h/30min before raid start and cant start collecting my Shadowy gems because I havent been online for 12 hours. If you have some empathy that some people dont have the option to be online 12h straight, then you have to agree that it is silly.