Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, i don't. Shadowmourne had some lenghty parts, the wait for my right half of Thunderaan's prison takes definitly more time then 12 hours and Dragonwrath is also waiting. And if they changed the charging behaviour, allowing it to charge wihle not being logged in on your rogue, it would be a joke.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    ye feral had 1 legendairy as spec, assa/sub rogues had nothing, as for class druids had 2 legendaries the last 2 expansions, rogues had nothing along with hunters, it was either rogues or hunters turn, and as a staff would be a stat wep it was not gonna work, feral will have their legendarie with the rest of the tanks, and also you will then be the only dps that can use it aswell, giving druids even more time in the spotlight and most wanted hybrid like always.
    Didnt hunters got the legendary bow from sunwel??

<Oh Snap> is recruiting a rogue! Alliance 10m raiding guild on Darkmoon Faire EU
    Last edited by Ethes; 2011-10-21 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You need to press one button every hour. That's not exactly hard. And even if it was, 12 Hours gametime wait for a freaking legendary is laughable. What's next? orange loot from the justice vendor?
    More like every 5 or 10 minutes (last time I checked it when hunting for TLPD, which was over a year ago). I'm not saying it's too much of an effort for a legendary. It's not hard, it's just stupid and mind numbing if you want to do it fast. I'd rather do something fancy on a raid boss fight or do something challenging instead.

Me too, but still seems lees obnoxious then the usual "loot orange quest items from the current raid content for 34 IDs straight" which replaced "Loot some kind of quest starting item with a chance to drop equal to some division though zero".
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    You wanna compare it with Thunderfury? Sure it took time since you had to loot the bindings, but did it require you to sit online and stare at the screen for hours? No
    Did Dragonwrath require you to stare at the screen for hours aswell? No. Then Fangs of Father should not do it either. You think its good probably because you do have the spare time to sit and stare 12 hours straight, because I dont and I'm absolutely not alone on that part so, whatever you think its still silly.
    Oh I forgot Shadowmourne, that legendary didnt require you to stare at the screen for 12 hours either

Dude, chill…

QQing about the 12 hour requirement ain't gonna make it change, maybe try doing some mats farming or archaeology in the interim…

Or, if you want to be a total sadomasochist (and your fishing is not maxed out yet), try to do nothing but fishing for those twelve hours…

Who knows, you might just come out of it with an achievement or something…!

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am (going to be) Batman.

Just trying to lighten the mood, because these daggers are going to be the shit. I don't care what I have to do to get them.

mmmm orange.

Any ideas what a Bliizard will do to make Legendaries Viable for Combat ?

they might change it with QQ tbh. the whole thing makes me wonder if it'd charge faster doing something in netherstorm, or afking at stormspire.

it seems arbitrary to put a 12 hr charge on a quest item that only leads to stealthy assassin quests and sends you straight back into raid to collect the next part. i don't see how it fits into anything. they could have added more stealth/assassinate type quests to add charges to your ring or something. nope, derp afk 12 hours.

You could actually PLAY the freaking game, you whiny bitches. It's not like blizzard forces you to go 12 hours online whilst rooting you character in some remote spot. And i tell you something, there is MORE to WoW then OG/SW and the latest raid instance. What exactly is the problem with being online?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    If they remove the thing that you need to be logged on for the ring to charge they should change the timer to 24 hours or so.
    But I'd rather have the 12 hours online thing. And really, the people going "I can't log on until 1-2 hours before raid" well tough luck, but you're gonna be happy in the end when you get your daggers anyway. And it will most likely not matter if you're in a decent guild, as you'll probably have cleared the instance in the first 2-3 nights on normal, so you won't be at the stage of collecting the stuff anyway, unless you do all that during the first and the second night.

And the argument that "well xyz legendary didn't have this requirement, so we shouldn't either", no they didn't, but by your logic they shouldn't have made a rogue-only legendary either, since they didn't do that before... So please can people stop QQing about getting a legendary and just enjoy the exclusive questline we get
    Also, if you read the quests, it makes sense why you loot stuff from bosses and don't go on a wannabe "Assassins creed-spree" with 15 missions having the same mission to kill some guy, only in different environments.

This is gonna be awesome

PS. what Ymirsson said in his latest post.

Deleted
    Most of you guys (Especially the guy who said go fish or archaology) are missing my point. What I'm saying is that _everyone_ cant spend 12 hours at the PC and why should they suffer? If you get Dungeon/BG Deserter you can log out for that time and next time you get online, your debuff is gone. Make that 12 hour thingy work the exact same way and its fair and square and we're all happy. Ymirsson I understand your point of view but everybody cant play 12 hours so it would be unfair to those who cant.

@Cotech, sure make it 24 hours I'd be ok with that, aslong as it doesnt force to be online at the times when I cant. That would be better than 12 hours strict online

If you can't raid FL, you can't get Dragonwrath. CHANGE THAT!!
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Zasso View Post
    ... the unfortunate side effect of being suicide spree
    KS has killed me a grand total of two times in raids, and it was due to my bad timing, instead of complaining about how a spell works, adapt your play style to make it advantageous to use. It is not that hard.

for everyone complaining about the 12 hour charge thing; im finding it hard to believe that you log in 5 minutes before your raid, and log out 5 minutes after. and only log in on raid days. if you do that then how did you cap VP prior to having all of FL on farm? how do you gem/enchant/reforge new gear? how did you level professions?

of it was you have to do the simon says in ogrila for 12 hours straight that would be one thing. but from the sound of it you just need to log 12 hours of game time once you start the quest, and the time carries over if you log out. hell that doesnt even sound like your doing anything other then looking at a timer and seeing how much longer you have. farm 25 primordial saronites, 25 eternal embers that only have a chance to drop in 10 mans, or kill illidan 75 times with no warglavies. this seems to be by far the easiest step for any legendary so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Most of you guys (Especially the guy who said go fish or archaology) are missing my point. What I'm saying is that _everyone_ cant spend 12 hours at the PC and why should they suffer? If you get Dungeon/BG Deserter you can log out for that time and next time you get online, your debuff is gone. Make that 12 hour thingy work the exact same way and its fair and square and we're all happy. Ymirsson I understand your point of view but everybody cant play 12 hours so it would be unfair to those who cant.

@Cotech, sure make it 24 hours I'd be ok with that, aslong as it doesnt force to be online at the times when I cant. That would be better than 12 hours strict online
    Well you don't have to spend 12 hours at the PC, that's what some people are trying to say, just walk a little every 30 minutes and do whatever else in the home in the meantime, walk your dog, make dinner etc etc. You need to spend 1 second or so at the PC every 30 minutes essentially.

And I get your point of view, I really do. But then again if they'd change it to 24 hours but removing the requirement to stay online, that would also be unfair towards the people who've got the time to spend 12 hours online to get it faster. I'm not one of those persons who'll have that time, but it's selfish to only want things suited for oneself all the time. There is no need to whine about it either way imo, since you'll get your legendary eventually, and you'll feel awesome.

I can see these daggers getting big nerfs because of pvp since they will be combined with the legendary staff from FL, because you you dont want to fight a rmp where all 3 can have legendarys, or even 2's where rogue/insert caster here will rock your face.

You can see the daggers getting a nerf even before any specific info on proc uptime/stats has been discovered? Holy hell, talk about forecasting. Your logic that "arena teams can't have multiple legendaries" is flawed. If this particular legendary happens to be OP in arena then Blizzard will adjust it, but calling for a nerf before any information is available is just silly.

The biggest problem with the 12 hour /played time to charge the ring is that it encourages players to use anti-afk methods which may be against Blizzard's ToS. Players want to progress in the quest line as fast as possible, if this means people have to use a key-press program to stay logged in for 12 hours while they sleep then people will do that. The developers of the questline could have taken a more realistic approach to this.
    Last edited by roguecrash; 2011-10-21 at 06:08 PM.

Easy solution, Num lock in a little corner where no one will bother you, go do other stuff, play a different game, read a book ect ect

12 hours will fly in no time.

and QQing about spending 12 hours on the computer, don't want to do it then don't get the legendary or more so don't do it...break it up into 4-6 hours taking 2-3 days. its not like you HAVE to be on wow for 12 hours, those that are on that long, fair enough but if you're the first in your guild to be getting the daggers then it wont matter about that 12 hours when you've got it completed because at the end of the day you're still gonna be the first to get them.
    Last edited by Tyril; 2011-10-22 at 01:58 AM.