Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Transmogwhatever

Can I turn this shit off? or am I bound to see people running around in tiers they aquired 2 years after they were released?

No you cannot turn it off.

But you can turn the game off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Deleted
    Notsureif.jpg

What's the difference to seeing people all run around in T13, for example?

there are many MANY ppl hoping on this option.
    a simple toggle in the interface options, switching off visibility of transmogrifications.

whether or not blizzard does anything about it, despite the number of threads on the main forums about it, is yet to be seen.

i dont have high hopes on it unfortunately

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    Can I turn this shit off? or am I bound to see people running around in tiers they aquired 2 years after they were released?
    and that bothers you why?

i dont get why it could. you jealous they got these tiers and you dont?

Deleted
    What difference does it make if you see others in old tier? You have the choice to use it or not so don't use it if you think it's a shit idea. You hating on people who's using it is like shitting on someone's opinion. It's up to each one to use an old tier or not, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why

I just can't put myself in any mental position where this makes sense.

Currently you can see the gear some1 uses, an judge their stats by it. some1 in full pve gear is likely to have low resi if any @ all, after the change some1 that apears to be using lvl 10 greens can run around i the pvp t2 stuff. similarly some1 who has a brewfest outfit and 2 brewfest steins can be a dualwielding dps with full t13 and heroic difficulty/ pvp t2 maces.

So you dont see the gear some1 uses anymore, giving ppl who start a pug or enter LFR more effort to inspect ppl, and in bgs you will see ppl running around in all kinds of garbage and cant make a diff between some1 in green gear or some1 who mogged his gear to look that way, apart from ppls hp pools.

Right now you can hear ppl saying on vt/skype "switch to <name> he has pve gear" or "kick X he is using only pvp gear in firelands" after the change they can run around as easter bunnies with a tophat and still have great gear, or run around in pve gear with a pvp skin (or other way around).

LoL

Wow I love how the guy posted a simple question and people presume that he's jealous or that he hates the idea.
    Maybe he just wants to be able to see the newer gear instead of their old gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maim View Post
    Wow I love how the guy posted a simple question and people presume that he's jealous or that he hates the idea.
    Maybe he just wants to be able to see the newer gear instead of their old gear.
    Maybe people just want to be able to wear what they want and not be forced into wearing the current stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Maybe people just want to be able to wear what they want and not be forced into wearing the current stuff.
    This coming from someone on the pony bandwagon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    after the change they can run around as easter bunnies with a tophat and still have great gear
    and where exactly might one find gear with that look? cause that sounds awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    This coming from someone on the pony bandwagon.
    Because that has exactly what to do with the issue?

Deleted
    How are people suppose to look for undergeared people in random BGs to kill now!? D: Might end up fighting someone with the same gear level!

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    No you cannot turn it off.

But you can turn the game off.
    Exactly, if you don't like what you are seeing don't look.

Pre Transmogrification annoucement: Blizzard we want to change the looks of our gear without changing the stats!
    Post Transmogrification announcement: Waaah, Blizzard we suddenly have 99 problems with it!

Seriously, I cannot even give one idea why completely optional feature would bother anyone.

This future is made for the bad people who cant get the best looking/strongest gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    This future is made for the bad people who cant get the best looking/strongest gear.
    Best gear =/= best looking gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    Pre Transmogrification annoucement: Blizzard we want to change the looks of our gear without changing the stats!
    Post Transmogrification announcement: Waaah, Blizzard we suddenly have 99 problems with it!

Seriously, I cannot even give one idea why completely optional feature would bother anyone.
    Agreed. The most overused argument I've seen here has to be "but everyone will look like clowns!!!". But honestly, we already have people looking like clowns.
    For example; My guild master has a blue hat, black tabard, fiery dress, red & grey belt and a regular steel sword with a blue hilt. As opposed to post-transmogrifying release, he'll have a complete set to use, and everyone's eyes will be spared the horror that is terrible armor.

Personally, I've already got outfits all lined up for my most used characters!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want it to be a selectable option, people may miss my awesomeness in fashion!