Gems Drop in 4.3?

GC said
    "Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. Each player gets a geode when a boss is killed which has a small chance to contain an epic gem, most will have rare gems. It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems."

So what are they trying to do here? As I see it they are trying to Shaft A.) All Jewelcrafters and B.) Every class that doesn't gem straight red gems

I would like to know what everyone else thinks on this addition, In my mind they are to lazy to keep on track with the previous expansions and Yes I know they are trying to but out content faster but that is a pretty significant change

why b? no1 said it would only drop red gems...

Quote Originally Posted by Thondar94 View Post
    GC said
    "Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. Each player gets a geode when a boss is killed which has a small chance to contain an epic gem, most will have rare gems. It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems."

So what are they trying to do here? As I see it they are trying to Shaft A.) All Jewelcrafters and B.) Every class that doesn't gem straight red gems

I would like to know what everyone else thinks on this addition, In my mind they are to lazy to keep on track with the previous expansions and Yes I know they are trying to but out content faster but that is a pretty significant change
    No. They are not screwing anyone. Red gems are an example, since they are the most popular gems. What he is saying that Epic Gems will not be common, they will be fairly rare. You will not get enough EPIC gems to regem all your gear before 4.4. Epic gems used to be raid drops only back in BC as well. This will actually help JC, short supply + Big Demand = Profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What GC says is often quite vague. It's highly likely he was just using red as an example. Otherwise, tanks would be completely screwed.

The only thing that matters, is that those of us that were stacking low priced pyrite ore could stop and prospect them now ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he only used that as an example, Thondar94, not as actual information. :-)
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Noone said they dont need cutting either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what for I have been stockpiling pyrite ore...
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Softique View Post
    I think he only used that as an example, Thondar94, not as actual information. :-)
    This.

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Truegold for the new craftables in 4.3?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    The only thing that matters, is that those of us that were stacking low priced pyrite ore could stop and prospect them now ;P
    While Pyrite is the likely source imo, we don't have confirmation on that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    While Pyrite is the likely source imo, we don't have confirmation on that at all.
    Uh, except for the confirmation this morning that they will not be prospected, and will be raid drops.

I kind of like the drop idea, If i get say an orange drop, I could use a 25 int 25 haste to match a +10 int bonus instead of just putting 40 int in every slot.

I was however hoping my army of alchemists could have a transmute fest but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Have done the same mistake hehe, seems its only gonna be a raid drop thingy only..
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Deleted
    People are already dumping thousands of stacks of pyrite into the AH :O Glad i didn't gamble on that

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    People are already dumping thousands of stacks of pyrite into the AH :O Glad i didn't gamble on that
    In my opinion dumping it now is a mistake. Prospect it instead, or wait until the panic is over.
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

Deleted
    I knew that pyrite would be useless. Called it.

Anyway, the amount these things are gonna go for is gonna be insane in the membrane yo !

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pyrite ore = Fool's Gold, good joke, heh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Uh, except for the confirmation this morning that they will not be prospected, and will be raid drops.
    epic gems in wrath were first drops only but then a few months after they had been out becamse also prospectable.

no reason to think wouldn't go the same way it's jsut that drops come first before prospect also you can bet there will be adding epic gem chance to that chaos orb combiner thingy you have that turns green gems into a few blues.