DCU F2P next month

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=27752

I wonder if this will bring more folks to the game. Seems to me all superhero mmos go this way.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

This really belongs in Video Games
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/293-Video-Games

..but I've been severely disappointed with SOE, so can't say I'm particularly excited about their titles. It's just been one bad decision after another made on the corporate level.

Blizzard is also sort of going down that same path of destruction too, but they haven't quite gotten there yet .. but close. They too are suffering from bad design decisions, customer attitude & treatment. D3's real money AH is a big slap in the face to MMO'ers, and sends the industry down a dark .. very dark path of diluting video games with instant paid-for stats. The gold and money was bad enough, but then they announced that you can just buy entire characters / accounts .. ahh count me out.

So, sorry, not interested in DCU F2P.

There's a few things interesting about the announcement.

1. They're doing the exact faux f2p system as City of Heroes almost word for word.
    2. Though City of Heroes announced a bit ago they were going to f2p but not til the end of the year, DCUO's announcement today that they're going f2p in October beats them to the punch.

3.The big one: DCUO is extremely mmo-lite. Of the 3 super hero games out, it has the least content by leaps and bounds(costumes/colorations, missions, non mission content, etc etc). Its only redeeming factors are more action based combat and graphics and console. I dont think its enough to compete in the same markets. The population of the game continues to dwindle(even on the heels of their mega server mergings and their green lantern/yellow lantern class DLC. The revenue stream they need to add things to actually make the game more viable just isnt there and f2p wont change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try it, out of curiosity, because they've never had a trial. But it certainly isn't WoW and it also isn't WoW so it shouldn't be on this board.

Deleted
    I bought it 2 months after launch but aven't played it outside the first free month but I'll definitely have a look at it again when it goes freemium.

Deleted
    Anything SOE touches turns to shite.

Deleted
    It wasnt a bad game, endgame sucked a bit... but maybe its better now after 6 paches, who knows.
    I gonna go play some once its free, i kinda enjoyed it
    And since there is nothing else to do right now... why not :-D