Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Blimey, this is really showing the wow snobs :P

Why should non-raiders get Tier gear?
    a) Cos it looks cool, and it might not neccesarily be their fault they can't raid. If they're willing to put in all the man hours doing heroics each week, why the hell not?

I actually resent people calling it "Welfare tier". Welfare tier would be if it was just given for nothing. If people don't have the guilds or the connections to be able to actually raid to get the gear, like the priveledged "Elitists", it takes a LOT of time and a LOT of dedication to actually slowly build up all of the armour to get your armour current and up to date. Diminishing this time and effort as simple handouts is demeaning to all the work they've put into getting it.

In truth, most people with any kind of raiding guild/team would probably get the normal tier with SO much less effort and time than them, that if anything, getting a large group to boost you through normal raids to get more gear would be the Welfare tier :P If people are actually that annoyed that people get Tier from valor, I highly doubt that many of them are in full heroic armour just yet.

That said, you REALLY think this is the end of the topic/news on this? If you can't get good enough armour from valor... what would even be the point of it? People will be in LFR and never step into heroics anymore. Blizz has done SO much work to force casuals to come and play each week to wrack up their points... I don't see them ditching this plan anytime soon. There's more to this than we all think.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Maybe if they make a separate dungeon set that's available via valor points it could still work. I mean hell, make it that third color they always make of the tier set and give it a separate set of bonuses so it can't be mixed with the tier gear directly. That could be a big incentive for them to run heroic dungeons.
    I think this is going to be what the LFR armour is going to be.

"It sucks for servers like mine where you wont even be considered for a raiding guild/ pug raid if you dont have on a tier piece or two.
    How are people stuck with no guild or wanting to change to a raiding guild meant to get into one if they cant get the gear these people are demanding to let them step foot in a raid for the first time? "

I even thought that was why they put points in the game in the first place, so if you came in late in an expansion which is where we are now, you didn't have to run the old raids just to play catch up enough to be able to raid with your friend's guilds or force them to carry you until enough surplus loot dropped for you to be viable. I assume to some degree that's what the LFR tool will do, but you still have to have some method to get to that level as well.

With any luck there will be something in the valor points that isn't tier gear but still fills that gap. maybe just non-set bonus items or my previously mentioned 'dungeon set' for example.

I like it, just because now I wont have to bother so much whit dungeons to get the vp cap the first week after patch release

The power of QQ. I don't understand why everyone is against vendor gear, It helps gear alts. More alts=more pugs= less /afk in sw/org.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best point of this, i wont have to do fugly Zul Agains for valor gear anymore, and i for one welcome this change.. there is people that raid heroics raiding 6-7 hours a week, so even casuals can raid, if you want raid gear, you have to RAID.. you cant no longer do Zul Agains and get tier pieces, great decision .

Quote Originally Posted by Cravendale View Post
    It sucks for servers like mine where you wont even be considered for a raiding guild/ pug raid if you dont have on a tier piece or two.
    How are people stuck with no guild or wanting to change to a raiding guild meant to get into one if they cant get the gear these people are demanding to let them step foot in a raid for the first time?
    Looking for Raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Tell me, why does a non-raider need raid gear?
    Because - as stated one million times you slowpoke - WoW is about caracter and gear progression. If you cant progress - you cant play. and nobody wants to loose costumers - which will happen if blizz stops making stuff for casuals to progress on.

Key thing here is BH still will, so lucky people will have a 2 piece.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

We don't really need two, literally, identical threads running against each other at the same time. Since the other thread was made first, and this one is filled with a lot of trolling/flaming, I'm locking this one. Please use this thread to discuss the topic.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions