Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PvP and the Rogue legendary

So is anyone wishing that the legendary would be obtainable through pvp, yes it would have a quest line but a pvp based one? Imo that would be pretty coolseeing as IIRC they have not done a PVP quest line.

No, that would just be stupid. Unless you're going around and killing all the leaders of the opposing faction and taking over their bases then there really isn't any sort of feat to it, not like killing some big bad boss what is terrorizing the whole 'planet'.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    No, that would just be stupid.
    Orly? Seeing as most rogues do pvp and I am not saying that they don't pve that would be a really fun way to change things up, other then something revolving around pve only and RNG and hoping something drops so you can go forge something. Or you could go kill people with a certain dagger to siphon the souls from them making it stronger Idk.

As long as it was something along the lines of getting x amount of rating in there as well, sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    As long as it was something along the lines of getting x amount of rating in there as well, sure
    That would help so much seeing as most of the QQ about the staff is those that don't know how to deal with it, making the req. to get it like 2.2k or 2.4k would make it so when using it you would be around a skill level of people who know how to deal with a rogue/legendary.

Actually having some quests that require you going into enemy territory would be cool. Like having to devise a plan to get into SW/ORG to pickpocket an obscure npc and assassinate another. I don't think killing a faction leader or something of that scale would suit the theme of the quest line, since rogues are all about subterfuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Orly? Seeing as most rogues do pvp and I am not saying that they don't pve that would be a really fun way to change things up, other then something revolving around pve only and RNG and hoping something drops so you can go forge something. Or you could go kill people with a certain dagger to siphon the souls from them making it stronger Idk.
    That is a cool concept. It would be different and cool to make at least part of the quest PvP related. Like making it so you need to get X amount of HK's while having the dagger equipped.

I suppose in concept a PvP Legendary seems ok...but let's look at it from WoWs historical perspective...

Legendary items are steeped in lore, and have long quest chains that require help from a raid size group. They come with a back-story, and some "histrocial" significance.

Awarding a Legendary for PvP goes against the entire concept. Now, giving elite PvPers the chance to obtain weapons through their medium that are of equivalent power in a PvP environment...THAT has potential.

Leave the oranges to the raiders.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nifflevar View Post
    I suppose in concept a PvP Legendary seems ok...but let's look at it from WoWs historical perspective...

Legendary items are steeped in lore, and have long quest chains that require help from a raid size group. They come with a back-story, and some "histrocial" significance.

Awarding a Legendary for PvP goes against the entire concept. Now, giving elite PvPers the chance to obtain weapons through their medium that are of equivalent power in a PvP environment...THAT has potential.

Leave the oranges to the raiders.......
    There also could be a choice after having reaching a certain rating to turn the dagger into a pvp version of it's self that would have resil and would be supirior then the elite weapons. Like it's open to ideas and discussion.

So is anyone wishing that the legendary would be obtainable through pvp, yes it would have a quest line but a pvp based one? Imo that would be pretty coolseeing as IIRC they have not done a PVP quest line.
    You see this is how it works. When Blizzard puts something in the game (something that is supposed to be taken serious) it actually has to make sense to the game. Durping around in arena's with the FOTM comp isn't worthy of a legendary.

Interesting, but I feel like the whole pvp spiel past a point is "well we have the same gear so we're just better than you to win" and a class specific legendary pvp item would kind of eliminate that idea.

OK , sure, i`ll just pay an arena boost (like other hundreds) and get my hand on a legendary set of daggers...dude r u 4 real?
    Either you`re newb or a troll.....or both.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

I get 300,000 kills I magically gain legendary item.....
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    OK , sure, i`ll just pay an arena boost (like other hundreds) and get my hand on a legendary set of daggers...dude r u 4 real?
    And you can't pay to get PvE legendaries then?
    There are actually sites that sell specific items to you for a certain price

10+ Year Old Account
    That would help so much seeing as most of the QQ about the staff is those that don't know how to deal with it, making the req. to get it like 2.2k or 2.4k would make it so when using it you would be around a skill level of people who know how to deal with a rogue/legendary.
    Not high enough for a legendary...

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Not high enough for a legendary...
    Maybe not, but you know it would've ended up being that rating.

They can have all the legendary stuff they want if only they'd get a nerf on recuperate.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    Pay for a boost? What realm? I'm there! Not but seriously, you'd not getting carried by being an idiot past 2200 in 3's/5's.

Deleted
    I just dont want this F***ing dagger....more imbalance, more whine thread, legendary weapons just make pvp worse every time.
    Dont allow legendary in pvp just this.

Dear god no, that's a terrible idea, PvP rating can be farmed for a lot of classes simply by playing the strongest setup for your class. There is quite simply too much imbalance to allow such items to be obtainable from pvp, it's just not a level playing field. One battle group could be amazing and getting it would be extremely hard. Another could be terrible and as such its very easy. There are just far too many problems with this idea, find a raid guild now, get settled in, prove your worth as a raider and a rogue job done you will get it.

To be honest with regards to legendary weps and pvp im more worried about seeing the dual legendary RMP popping up, two legendary weps in an already strong comp, just screams glad to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
    They can have all the legendary stuff they want if only they'd get a nerf on recuperate.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 10:36 PM ----------

Pay for a boost? What realm? I'm there! Not but seriously, you'd not getting carried by being an idiot past 2200 in 3's/5's.
    It's not that hard to buy 2.2k, 2.4k, 2.7k or even glad / R1... I know of atleast 2 guilds selling those on my realm.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.