Enough for 25m raiding?

Hey, sorry if this is the incorrect place to ask this, but I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my computer specs are good enough to run 25m raids. The specs are as follows, also if I'm missing something that needs to be known please let me know.

Dell Studio XPS 9100
    Intel core i7 CPU 930 2.80GHz
    9GB RAM
    64 bit operating system
    NVidia GeForce 310

Now, I know the graphics card is bad, but will it prevent me from raiding 25m without too much lag? ATM I can run 10m at around 30-40+ FPS the entire fights with graphics on High. I've already lowered my graphics to low (except particle density/ground clutter) in preparation for 25m raiding, but I do not know if it will be enough. Thanks for your time.

There's only one way to find out? What resolution are you running? But the GPU really isn't up-to-par.

1440x 900, i play in a windows mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Hey, sorry if this is the incorrect place to ask this, but I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my computer specs are good enough to run 25m raids. The specs are as follows, also if I'm missing something that needs to be known please let me know.

Dell Studio XPS 9100
    Intel core i7 CPU 930 2.80GHz
    9GB RAM
    64 bit operating system
    NVidia GeForce 310

Now, I know the graphics card is bad, but will it prevent me from raiding 25m without too much lag? ATM I can run 10m at around 30-40+ FPS the entire fights with graphics on High. I've already lowered my graphics to low (except particle density/ground clutter) in preparation for 25m raiding, but I do not know if it will be enough. Thanks for your time.
    I did 25mans with a 1,9Ghz and a 1200series graphics card at 1280x900resolution with all of the settings at low got about 20fps in 25man raids, 30 in 10mans. OP you should be fine

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Best thing you can do at this point is to get in the raid then before trash is pulled start turning up some simple settings like view distance and spell detail level. Keep shadows and AA turned right down though. Should be able to keep a steady 20 to 30 FPS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Logiic View Post
    I did 25mans with a 1,9Ghz and a 1200series graphics card at 1280x900resolution with all of the settings at low got about 20fps in 25man raids, 30 in 10mans. OP you should be fine
    How long ago?
    Super casual.

join a 25 baradin hold and test it out!

You should be fine in 25m's. Going from 10m's to 25m's stresses your cpu a lot more.. but the increase load on the gpu shouldn't be nearly as much.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Guessing about half of your 10-man raiding speed. That graphics card really does suck, and you should swap it to something better.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I run ~15-20 FPS in 25-mans with the following setup:

- 2.2 GHz athlon X2 4200+ (old dual core from 2006)
    - 3 GB RAM (2 GB is good, and the third is almost dead, since once i hit 2.01+GB used, it goes waaaay slow)
    - was using a geforce 8600GT, then upgraded to a radeon HD5670, which is a ridiculous upgrade.
    - windows 7

The 2 things that keep me from hitting 30fps+ is the processor (yours is ridiculously faster than mine), and my memory (both in amount and quality in design), which you have 3 times as much as, and is...better designed.

The only thing that would hold your rig back is the video card. I paid about $100 on newegg.com for mine (got it since it didn't require a PSU upgrade, running with a 300w PSU)

I really only need to turn the view distance down, running with "good" to "high" on everything else, at 2xAA, 4xAF.

The only 25-mans I do are previous-tier PUG's and baradin hold groups.
    Mursenary (Blood/Frost PvP) - Archimonde US
    Narahinto (Resto PvE/Resto PvP) - Archimonde US

any recommendations on some good graphics cards that will be less than $200 that will be compatible with my computer?
    Last edited by Krazy; 2011-09-20 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    any recommendations on some good graphics cards that will be less than $200?
    HD6870. Make sure it fits your cases formfactor

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    HD6870. Make sure it fits your cases formfactor
    Yeah, I purchased my computer in Aug 2006, so when the 5670 came in, I had to bend/break off some of the end metal pieces, as well as the original mouse/keyboard (non-USB) ports off the motherboard to get it to fit. Works like a charm though!
    Mursenary (Blood/Frost PvP) - Archimonde US
    Narahinto (Resto PvE/Resto PvP) - Archimonde US

Thanks for all the quick responses everybody, thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    That gpu = fail. Good luck getting past the login screen with that. Go for a 6870 - 6970, or GTX 460 - 580.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

i used to run 40 mans with pentium 4 and 1gb ram geforce 6600 so i think you will be ok.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2011-09-20 at 04:52 AM.

If you want to max out your $200 budget, get the AMD 6870. It performs just as well as the Nvidia GTX 560 (Not the Ti branded one) but uses less power.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ce,3018-4.html

why is the amount of ram at such weird numeration?

maybe u should aim for a 2nd hand 6950? should be affordable with regards to your other parts...

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    That gpu = fail. Good luck getting past the login screen with that. Go for a 6870 - 6970, or GTX 460 - 580.
    Oh please, tone down the theatrics. Running on such a low resolution with that card would put him up 30+ in 25s as long as he had shadows off.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics