Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Old Gods fought each other?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Millennia have passed, but the warlord still serves the chaotic might of the Old God N'Zoth. Deathwing has now unleashed this legendary faceless one to crush the defenders of Wyrmrest Temple.
    So basically, while the warlord was serving N'Zoth, he was enemies of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Weren't the Old Gods all on the same side? In the WotA trilogy, "The Three" seem to be working together to get free, using the Demon Soul, yet now it seems they were enemies in the past. Are they still enemies with each other? Or are they allied together?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That blew my mind in so many ways possible, I always thought the three we're good friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Millennia have passed, but the warlord still serves the chaotic might of the Old God N'Zoth. Deathwing has now unleashed this legendary faceless one to crush the defenders of Wyrmrest Temple.
    So basically, while the warlord was serving N'Zoth, he was enemies of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Weren't the Old Gods all on the same side? In the WotA trilogy, "The Three" seem to be working together to get free, using the Demon Soul, yet now it seems they were enemies in the past. Are they still enemies with each other? Or are they allied together?
    Maybe when they were free they had some sort of old god civil war? on there view of how to deal with Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those with immense power are bound to turn attention against each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzeke View Post
    Those with immense power are bound to turn attention against each other.
    Like the elemental lords?

Not surprising, seeing as the Elemental Lords waged war with each other, and each elemental lord served an old god. Pretty sure breaking free is just a means to an end for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I'm totally shocked. It's been known for a long time that the elemental servants of the Old Gods fought against each other, not much of a stretch to see their Faceless servants fighting as well.

Bear in mind - the Elementals were pitted against each other seemingly for the lulz. The Old Gods may not be hateful rivals, but beings who are doing the Old God equivalent of playing poker, or dog fights - bet you ten thousand souls my guys can beat up your guys.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    umm.. just because they fought didn't mean they didn't respect eachother..

seriously guys! didn't you read the illiad?! those little turds fought non-stop and they were gods too! I mean seriously! Pallas was a jerk and kept saving Achilles while Venus was picking fights.. at least.. until Mars ended up causing her to get stabbed in the wrist
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Bear in mind - the Elementals were pitted against each other seemingly for the lulz. The Old Gods may not be hateful rivals, but beings who are doing the Old God equivalent of playing poker, or dog fights - bet you ten thousand souls my guys can beat up your guys.
    You just made me think of an Old God version of the Karazhan Chess Event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, there is a book describing those times or something. The Old Gods constantly fought with each other, because it created Chaos, and Chaos was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

*head explodes*

Yea, I was pretty amazed by this too. There is a lot more to the old gods than we thought I always thought they were on a united front with all the same motives and objectives. Only reason I can think of is because they are simply chaotic evil. Anything that can cause chaos and unrest pleases them or makes them stronger, so they just roll with that
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    This really made me rethink lore.

My best guess: The Old Gods fought over control over the planet. When the Titans arrived, they banned together to fight them, deciding to settle their deals later. They've decided to permanently join forces to eventually fight the Titans again someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    So by beating each other up, chaos increases, so they become stronger... so they really are on the same side, because they are making each other stronger!

10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth: ALRIGHT THIS IS HOW I WANT TO RULE
    Yogg'saron: kay your plan doesn't even make sense WHY WOULD WE PUT SLIMY STUFF in northrend
    N'zoth: You're fat shut up yoggy
    C'thun: Hey don't say mean things to your brother say sorry right now
    N'zoth: I'm the elder brother and I EVEN GOT DEATHWING CORRUPTED you dumb eye ball
    C'thun: *Sad panda*
    Yogg'saron: NO WHAT I'M TAKING OVER
    ~Civil war happens~

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old Gods like their chaos! thats why the titan's didn't really get along with 'em, they prefer order.

you know guys, they cant fight eachothers if they are trapped.

So even the most hatred evil towards eachothers will cooperate to free themselves....as old gods cant be killed so would be abit lonely and hard to try free yourself alone...

Think yerself people, what would you do if you are immortal aka cannot be killed and you are chained under the earth with your enemies? :P only way to free yourself is to cooperate with your enemy...think bout that!

If they were all friends and family, think about the time BEFORE titans came to slap them? think they were living peacefully drinking beer and watching football on tv? nnaaaah...more like fighting fo sure...dont know what for but if you are immortal, theres no much else you can do.

And yes we have killed old gods but if im not wrong titans chained them because they couldnt kill them or something....gotta go read that part again. :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Maybe when they were free they had some sort of old god civil war? on there view of how to deal with Azeroth?
    One of them wanted to Look at it foreverandever
    One of them wanted to eat it
    One of them wanted to sniff/snort it

Once they were locked up they decided to tentacle rape it together

True story

PS: If N'zoth isn't a giant nose or ear I'll be very dissapointed.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-09-20 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Think yerself people, what would you do if you are immortal aka cannot be killed and you are chained under the earth with your enemies? :P only way to free yourself is to cooperate with your enemy...think bout that!
    On the other hand, I've read a book series called Malazan Book of the Fallen that had a bunch of immortals trapped underground with their enemies.

They didn't band together to escape, they killed each other while still trapped so that they wouldn't have competition when they eventually were released.

The Old Gods just like to play with their toys, that's all.

Think of the Old Gods as really ugly-looking Hedonism Bots. Literally the whole world is there for their twisted entertainment.

They're not so much angry and hateful for being imprisoned; it's more because they can't lay back and have grapes fed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    think of the old gods as Mafia Family, sometimes they even fight each udda