10+ Year Old Account

Horde Priest Class

Hi all im having trouble picking a race for my horde Priest i just faction changed from human.

Now it will be mainly PvE with PvP for some giggles....... Main Spec is Shadow with Disc off.

I know Undead > all for PvP. and since cant be Orc ( <3 )... Wasnt sure for PvE if i should go Undead or Troll or maybe BE ? Goblin is out of it cant stand them... and as for what i can see apart from being HUGE tauren have no useful racials.

Any idea's and pro's or con's would be great

Thanks

Troll is best (If you can time your cooldowns effectively.).

10+ Year Old Account
    No racials are ever going to be a complete game changer. Just go with what race you're going to want to look at.

Stats wise. Troll all the way.

But honestly, should go with what Aesthetically suits your idea of what your character is. For instance, my mage is a BE, and although im not a huge fan of the blood elves as a whole...i chose BE because of the magical lore behind the race, and how corrupt BE mages are. Hence suiting horde.

Whereas my shadow priest is an Undead. For reasons pretty blatent. Honestly, dig what you dig aesthetically.

I like my BE Priest, Im not a big min/maxer tho. The silence/mana regen can be really helpful sometimes tho.

Orc + Goblin: ruled out at the start.

Undead:
    -Pros: Nice in PvP, cannibalize is mildly convenient at times.
    -Cons: All but worthless in PvE

Blood Elf:
    -Pros: Arcane Torrent is a nice mana return for healing, and a nice silence if need be in PvP. Enchanting boost, if you enchant.
    -Cons: Not much use for main spec PvE shadow, arcane resistance is arguably the worst racial resistance.

Troll:
    -Pros: Berserking is a very powerful haste cooldown for any caster, increased damage against beasts, reduced duration on enemy snares.
    -Cons: Berserking has a longish cooldown (3 min, instead of 2 min), needs to be timed well to be maximized. Not necessarily a con, just something to keep in mind.

Tauren:
    -Pros: They're huge, if you like that style. War stomp is mildly convenient soloing and nice in PvP.
    -Cons: All but worthless in PvE.

If you're main speccing Shadow and are not considering goblin for personal reasons, I'd strongly suggest troll if you're looking at the mechanics.

(If you prefer to choose for style, I can't help much there :-P)

Edit: Please remember that when I say "All but worthless", I'm talking strictly about racials and mechanics. I know many undead and tauren players who do quite well. They just don't have any benefit from their race. It's long been a sore point with me that if you happen to prefer Tauren (for example), you're forced to choose between min/maxing and style. And yes, racials matter; everything matters. I won't criticize you if you're willing to give up those extra stats to play something you enjoy more, all I get irritate by is people who claim that those stats are irrelevant. Really? A 1% haste passive is irrelevant? I suppose you won't mind if I strip ~120 haste rating off your gear, since you don't care about 1% haste. Play what you like, just be honest about it.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-09-20 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I fail to see how Goblin is ruled out at the start. For a gearing spriest, the 1% haste to achieve the 30% haste mark is much more valuable than a CD that assumes you're already there. The Rocket Jump is also great for arena.

For geared priests, Troll has the upper hand over Goblin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    I fail to see how Goblin is ruled out at the start. For a gearing spriest, the 1% haste to achieve the 30% haste mark is much more valuable than a CD that assumes you're already there. The Rocket Jump is also great for arena.

For geared priests, Troll has the upper hand over Goblin.
    Not sure if you didn't read the OP, but he says there's no chance of him being a Goblin due to disliking the aesthetics

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I say go with what you like. Racialwise - go troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies. I had a goblin dk for a while and although its the looks of them its also being so small and feels odd to play them if that makes sense.

Undead PvP racial is priceless but since its a PvE main spec i think im leaning to wards Troll...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Tauren:
    -Pros: They're huge, if you like that style. War stomp is mildly convenient soloing and nice in PvP.
    -Cons: All but worthless in PvE.
    If i'm not mistaken don't cow people have an increased health racial as well? A bit more survivebility isn't worthless, but dpswise the racials are quite useless.

Statisticly troll is the best shadow priest race but just go for what you feel is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll it is.. all done.

Thanks alot guys

for pvp..

goblin for shadow. haste increase and cuteness and well best deals anywhere friend.
    belfs for disc. they're obnoxious and alliance hate them for it, plus aoe silence/mana return=win

troll for all specs. haste trinket plus best dance ever mon! i'd pick a troll for pve.
    undead for all specs. awesome looks, casting animations. will of the foreskin, extra trinket shares 30 sec c/d. still very usefull in pvp.

i wouldn't pick tauren myself. warstomp is decent, but they're just too big.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2011-09-20 at 10:00 AM.