Gaming Video and Commentary

It's a rather shameful self promotion, I know, but here's a video I just made. I REALLY like the idea of gaming videos, possibly with commentary. The thing is that I don't really have great confidence, much less in my voice being tolerable. So for now, the commentary part isn't in my videos. In this 10min. or so video, I play through the prologue and help out Sinamoi. It's available in 720p since I can't handle 1080p at high fps yet. What do you think? I've got the game quality cranked as much as I can, and hopefully the audio is crystal clear. Should I go for the gold and try commentary? I'm told I'm hilarious, and I practiced a TotalBiscuit style announcer voice awhile back...

I'm just looking for honest feedback.

If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

The footage is very good quality definitly add commentery to it.

Word of advice though, don't copy TotalBiscuit, Yogscast or anyone else create your own style with a touch of humor.

Looking forward to seeing the added commentery good luck mate.

Toccs

I think I may have to get a mic for this. The key click plays in my audio recording, and I seem to "project" a bit too much, if that makes sense. I'm also not too fond of my voice, and I have a profound social awkwardness that makes it even worse... So far, I'm not liking the idea of adding commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    I think I may have to get a mic for this. The key click plays in my audio recording, and I seem to "project" a bit too much, if that makes sense. I'm also not too fond of my voice, and I have a profound social awkwardness that makes it even worse... So far, I'm not liking the idea of adding commentary.
    Just do it!

No one likes the sound of their voice for instance when i speak i think i sound like I’m half asleep, which I’m not. I know exactly what you’re doing, your recording your voice then nit picking the parts you don't like, just relax and talk as if your talking to your friends. The hardest part is starting so just submit it the recording don’t be shy i bet its not half as bad as you think.

That's rather kind and reassuring, thank you. Certainly not the response I had expected when I posted this and asked for advice. I'll upload a video with my commentary then, and we'll see if it sinks or floats. The real trouble is finding a good push-to-talk key...

Deleted
    So many people doing it now, and if you after a youtube partnership then live off the ad revenue - you going to have to bring in something new & have new contents daily - which can be expensive and time consuming -

Get a good stupid mic, so no room echo and breathing can be heard check out http://www.electrovoice.com/family.php?id=31

And just go for it....But please don't sound like an annoying twat like Simon from yogs

The video is good quality so do it man lets hear them silky tones

Deleted
    Why would you copy TB and his very fake accent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why would you copy TB and his very fake accent?
    LOL So funny isn't it, he lives like 20 miles away from me, and people around here do not speak like that, every time i hear him i think of Smashie and Nicey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    LOL So funny isn't it, he lives like 20 miles away from me, and people around here do not speak like that, every time i hear him i think of Smashie and Nicey
    He is supposed to be a Geordie, Newcastle of all places definitely does not have an accent like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He is supposed to be a Geordie, Newcastle of all places definitely does not have an accent like that.
    I don't even know what accent hes using, very odd.

hah so true
    Last edited by Toccs; 2011-09-20 at 11:46 AM.

Hi, the video quality is top notch, YouTube will only handle ~ 30 fps anyways if you want to try 1080. Unless you already know it doesn't work, you can surely try it out and then if it doesn't look so hot, delete it from youTube.

Just go as yourself, as others have said. Probably the biggest thing is to outline important topics ahead of time - have extras in case you have extra time. Other than that, post back with more!