Deleted

HELP! my dps sucks...

Hello, my name is Mayo and i play a shadowpriest named Mayolin on Neptulon eu. My ilvl is 372 atm but still i am not popping out the dps i think im supposed to.
    Can someone plz look at my stats to see if there is anything i am missing so i can improve my dps?

I hope someone can tell my why my dps is low.

Greetings Mayo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest the priest forum instead. Also saying what rotation you use etc helps a lot.

Priest forum: http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/274-Priest

Shadow priest guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ide-(by-Kilee)
    Last edited by Xart; 2011-09-20 at 08:42 AM.

I'm assuming this will be moved (as I just sent in a report asking for it to be), so I'll answer here. The basic gist is: we need more information. As far as I can tell, your enchants/gems/reforges are all done correctly. You should have focused more Valor Points on getting Tier 12, but that can't be undone.

What we need is more info on what you do during raids. Logs (from a site like World of Logs) from an entire raid would be the best thing, but if you don't that we need to know what kind of a rotation you're doing and what kind of general DPS you're pulling. But like I said, logs would be the ideal option here.

Deleted
    Im raiding again on thursday so ill give you a log then.
    For my rotation. Sorry i didnt tell you what it is but i do what all sp should be doin wich is prioritizing. I normally activate my shadowfiend when my darkmoon card procs int and when power torrent kicks in. After that use shadowfiend whenever its off cd and with darkmoon card. I use pots on pull and my cds: archangel with 2-3 orbs and lifeblood. After that i try to time the cds with heroism.

Someone helped me out a while ago to improve my dps and that worked alot. That is why im so amazed that my dps is dropping.

Moved yo' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayolin View Post
    Hello, my name is Mayo and i play a shadowpriest named Mayolin on Neptulon eu. My ilvl is 372 atm but still i am not popping out the dps i think im supposed to.
    Can someone plz look at my stats to see if there is anything i am missing so i can improve my dps?

Greetings Mayo
    It will be great if you answer one fundamental question: What is the actual dps you are pulling with that kind of gear and in what situation? and what is the dps you think you are supposed to pull?

Logs would be great...as mentioned earlier
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-09-20 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted

Greetings Mayo
    You forget to tell us the relevant information, do you get DI? What raid buffs do you have? What's your rotation? Do you have logs?

Why did you buy that shit ring before you got 2T12?
    I hope you get DI else your HST is really, really low.

Deleted
    Yes i have DI. Luckely i am blessed with a lock in raid. Raid buffs are mostly MOTW and shaman totems. I bought that ring because mr robot told me back then... Tell me wich one to buy right now and ill get rid of it asap.
    I cant send a link for the world of logs but i have found one from last week.
    /reports/rt-fib1j24savmu4zk7/sum/damageDone/?s=7534&e=7799
    Last edited by mmoc5aeb63a01e; 2011-09-20 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Yes i have DI. Luckely i am blessed with a lock in raid. Raid buffs are mostly MOTW and shaman totems. I bought that ring because mr robot told me back then... Tell me wich one to buy right now and ill get rid of it asap.
    I cant send a link for the world of logs but i have found one from last week.
    /reports/rt-fib1j24savmu4zk7/sum/damageDone/?s=7534&e=7799
    I told you, get 2t12 and later 4t12, these are prioritized. So you don't have crit, spelldmg, spelldmg taken etc, no wonder you do low dmg.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fi...?s=7534&e=7799

That's a wipe try on normal baleroc..

Deleted
    reports/rt-fib1j24savmu4zk7/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=53494

Yes that is a wipe. Im sorry im not imba... i thought i was askin for help not comment on our progress thank you. I dont raid purely for progress but for fun of the game. Maybe youve heard of it =). So if you want a kill log youll have to wait for thursday cause we where progressing on Raggy last night and im on traps so im not linkin that dps....

I only looked at the 2nd try, but your dot uptime is pretty low for a standstill fight and you're not casting enough Mind Blasts. There's 15 seconds between some Mind Blasts, where you would want to cast it on cd. Make sure you don't move more than needed.

Deleted
    reports/rt-fib1j24savmu4zk7/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=53494

Yes that is a wipe. Im sorry im not imba... i thought i was askin for help not comment on our progress thank you. I dont raid purely for progress but for fun of the game. Maybe youve heard of it =). So if you want a kill log youll have to wait for thursday cause we where progressing on Raggy last night and im on traps so im not linkin that dps....
    What the fuck is wrong with you? I ask for logs and you give me wipes, I point this out and you start QQing about progress and playing for fun..

You have a warlock, why the hell are you on traps? I have a feeling this is a l2p issue more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you? I ask for logs and you give me wipes, I point this out and you start QQing about progress and playing for fun..

You have a warlock, why the hell are you on traps? I have a feeling this is a l2p issue more than anything else.

Chill, he misunderstood?

And why would you put a warlock on traps, over a priest? Portal has quite a cooldown.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post

Nice that you read what he wrote. He clerarly stated that atm he can only link wipe logs. Cause they are progressing on a new boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    And why would you put a warlock on traps, over a priest? Portal has quite a cooldown.
    With glyph it has 26s cd which is enough to take all traps and means less raid dps loss than if a priest does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Nice that you read what he wrote. He clerarly stated that atm he can only link wipe logs. Cause they are progressing on a new boss.
    That doesn't even make sense. That means he has no logs from ANY boss prior to Baleroc, which means he isn't serious about improving because then he'd have logs from all bosses by now.

Deleted
    That doesn't even make sense. That means he has no logs from ANY boss prior to Baleroc, which means he isn't serious about improving because then he'd have logs from all bosses by now.

The OP was just lazy as you can easily browse back a few raidlogs ago even in public..

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ho...?s=7566&e=7898

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-90...?s=1123&e=1518

OP, if you want help Id suggest you do more research on your part, you have logs yet you can only find whipelogs, while I can find these logs not even being a member of your guild, no reason to be defensive at the get-go when people like Wablakin try to help. As it is now its just incredibly lazy: you do not provide armory links until we have to look for ourselves, you didn't provide correct logs so we have to find for ourselves, you didn't post your opening and priority until we had to pry that info out (would love to see a more detailed version of this), nor setup or how you handle certain mechanics. Hence why some can get ticked off :P

-Some additional questions unanswered:
    What exactly are you aiming for? What is your dps aim?
    What are the raidbuffs you get?
    Are you soaking first crystal (baleroc) , is heroism popped at start?
    A more detailed look on your priority system and opening. Prepot and fiend when buffs pop is a given, but how about the rest?
    High movement? Soaker? or turret?

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 10:35 AM ----------

Looking at your armory you have still leaps and bounds to improve. Some points for future gearing (and no, any crap like mr robot or any automated sites that tell you what to do instead thinking for yourself are bad, so just keep the next point in mind)

- No point going enchanting mastery if you do not even reach that treshhold when mastery becomes slightly better then haste. That is only when you're near Best in Slot gear. Go for haste, haste haste.
    - Go for t12 4-set pronto.
    - Prioritize crit-> into hit (yes not spirit). Try to be at 17% hit chance especially with t12 4 set. Your reforging choices are random and weird.
    - Drop herbing and replace for another crafting profession that gives 80 int, if you think your dps is too low (hey you did say you considered your own dps to be low)
    - your lacking 10% spellpower, 4% can increase your damage alot.

What it comes down, answer those remaining questions so we can see what MIGHT be wrong with your dps, but if I look at the gear that would be the main problem for now to maximize your dps
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2011-09-21 at 10:40 AM.