10+ Year Old Account

Soloable raids for a Spriest

Which raids and raid bosses are solo-able for a Shadow Priest?

So far, I've done:
    -Full MC solo
    -Full Kara solo
    -Most of AQ20
    -Most of AQ40. Only bosses I haven't done are Twin Emps, Sludge boss, C'thun and Bug Trio

Anything else that can be solo'd without going into ridiculous tactics? (like Kael)

edit: fixed
    Last edited by Byniri; 2011-09-17 at 03:18 AM.

You did green goo guy in AQ40????

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    You did green goo guy in AQ40????
    Mind Spike Level 85
    12% of base mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Blasts the target for 1083 to 1143 Shadowfrost damage
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Then how did you shatter him? IIRC you need enough hits during the freeze duration, not dps.

Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Then how did you shatter him? IIRC you need enough hits during the freeze duration, not dps.

Just curious
    Shadow Fiend and a dagger?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

A dw DK with 1.4 weaps army and ghoul out can barely manage to break him. I doubt this. Video of Viscidious kill or it didn't happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Shadow Fiend and a dagger?
    Wouldn't be nearly enough, afaik the only person who has been able to solo shatter him is a dk with 2 1.3 weapons, a haste elixir and popping a haste pot with army.

Malygos is pretty simple, just gear and spark dependent, you can check youtube for some videos.

All of AQ 20 is pretty easy.

Bug trio is doable, just very, very annoying. Use a pvp trinket and ward yourself, when ward has about 30 seconds left pull by fully dotting up yauj, try to get as many dots as you can on all of them (which is a huge pain with all the stuns and knockbacks) just to spread out her heals, when you think you can finish her (or anyone really) off pop fiend, fade, along with any other dps cds and nuke. You can interrupt her with silence but be smart with it and wait until you think it'll get you a kill or some serious momentum. If you get knocked in the air levitate just before you hit the ground since fall damage still hurts. Reapply ward similar to silence, (might be worth glyphing). If your cds are gone and you're not close to killing something reset them by running out of the room. I haven't been able to do it on my 335 unenchanted priest but I've come close enough that anyone with good gear should be able to.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2011-09-17 at 06:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

When I was Discipline, and bored, I would solo Magtheridon every week for something to do. I suppose Shadow could get away with actually killing the adds, unlike needing to tank them (but they were awesome for the mana return on Rapture)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Which raids and raid bosses are solo-able for a Shadow Priest?

So far, I've done:
    -Full MC solo
    -Full Kara solo
    -Most of AQ20
    -Most of AQ40. Only bosses I haven't done are Twin Emps, Sludge boss, C'thun and Bug Trio

Anything else that can be solo'd without going into ridiculous tactics? (like Kael)

edit: fixed
    If you are not looking for anything ridiculous like kael, u can solo at least solarian and alar. You can also do some of the bosses in Hyjal and pretty much most of BWL. If you really feel up to it, you can try some WOTLK raids such as naxx, OS and eoe. Though there arent many bosses in naxx that is caster/solo friendly (Heigan, gluth and thaddius comes to mind).

Deleted
    Most bosses in ssc are rather easy

Bug trio is easily soloable as human shadow priest. Start on the queen, use fear ward, use EMFH (human racial, but should still be possible for other races too wihtout this ability). Save all your burst here you will need to beat her heal with your dps. Start moving out as queen is about to die, mind sear the little adds. Once queen is dead its trivial. Focus on the king, keep shielding yourself. Finally kill the prince.

The hardest solo of my wow career for sure (Was playing since vanilla and did all of naxx 40 (as a mage though) but anyways, its Tirynar, the boss on the legendary quest. I found it very challenging as shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can solo 2-3 bosses in Bt as SP.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    A dw DK with 1.4 weaps army and ghoul out can barely manage to break him. I doubt this. Video of Viscidious kill or it didn't happen.
    +1. I believe the requirement is 150 hits in 15 seconds. Screenshot or it didnt happen .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    You can also do some of the bosses in Hyjal
    Hyjal can be soloed quite easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Al'ar and Astromancer are rather easy, Void Reaver is doable after you kill KT and staff has bugged duration.