Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pve guilds - would you sell the legendary?

So, this is my question. If some new, good geared players offers to join your guild and are willing to pay to get the legendarys (staff, future daggers), for in game gold, would you consider the offer? What kind of amount of gold would be considered fair? And ofc, if the raiding went well they would stay in the guild afterwards and keep working. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Meh, selling the daggers, yes, since we don't even have a rogue. Staff.. no way, we got like four people who want it.

And it would probably be like 20k-50k per lockout until you got the legendary, so probably like 400k-1million gold or so.

I highly doubt any guild would sell that guild as part of their main raid.

However, I am sure you could possibly set something up with a guilds alt raid, if no one in the alt raid had a rogue for the group. I am sure it would be expensive.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, guild doesn't need gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have no rogues.

So.

Yeah =p
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I was in a raiding guild was there best player and the gm said he wanted the staff so i left the guild created my own guild and my guild has better progression than my old guild and i am half way to getting my staff.. go figure HUH?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I was in a raiding guild was there best player and the gm said he wanted the staff so i left the guild created my own guild and my guild has better progression than my old guild and i am half way to getting my staff.. go figure HUH?
    Wow, barely understood it. But what does that have to do with "would you sell the legendary"?

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    What's your point?

You basicly have showed us why the GM was right not to give the staff to you since you left once you didn't get one piece of loot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Wow, barely understood it. But what does that have to do with "would you sell the legendary"?
    I think he's trying to say that he's a lootwhore, and therefore won't sell it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    No, guild doesn't need gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    We have no rogues.

So.

Yeah =p
    This is the issue. If your guild (like mine) doesn't need gold but also doesn't have a rogue? What do? I'm not sure about selling it, it'd have to be such a high cost that we'd be able to do something extravagant with the gold earned, like buy the raid team sandstone drakes or something, because as it stands we burn through consumables and replenish them with no cost to the guild bank overall. If the gold isn't useful it's basically the same as someone joining, getting the orange, then leaving. I'd rather give it to an alt in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    No guild in their right mind would sell a legendary.

Save for maybe the daggers, since they'll become useless by the next tier (in the next expansion).

The staff however, will be a great tool for progression in 4.3.

Here's a crazy idea: Bench that subpar raider you've been dragging around since Cata and replace him/her with a proper rogue

I am sure a lot of guilds will be willing to sell the Legendary staff , while raiding on their alts, for irl cash. However, selling it for gold is a long shot.
    1 million gold might be a far price, but still, it's a legendary staff. Gold is pretty much worthless in those amounts if you divide it by 24 people, considering that staff will be a major help in progression in 4.3

I dont see how we would cut someone from our current raiding roster just so we can earn a little bit of gold...

Wouldent be interested. In our guild we proboaly got around 4-6 million gold accross raiders. Some are the useal poor slacker types when it comes to gold, others like myself swims in gold.

We capped gold bank 1 million some weeks ago. Gold has gotten near useless in Catalysme.

Edit: were 10s guild, with pretty active people sometimes, when not raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    I am sure a lot of guilds will be willing to sell the Legendary staff , while raiding on their alts, for irl cash. However, selling it for gold is a long shot.
    1 million gold might be a far price, but still, it's a legendary staff. Gold is pretty much worthless in those amounts if you divide it by 24 people, considering that staff will be a major help in progression in 4.3
    Ah yea, but if they want to buy both staff and dagger they will be around for deathwing raid as well and use staff.
    It would only be needed 5-6 people from the guild to help out. So 700k - 1 mill gold staff and same for both daggers?

0 chance. Doesn't matter how much gold you offered.

Deleted
    Any Guild who would replace a core member of their raid for a couple of Gold pieces is full of complete Idiots...

I would say: F*** Y** to this Guild if I was the person benched.

We raid 6/7hc with no rogue and honestly: Nobody need a last Tier Legendary anyway

It's less about the gold and more about having to bring somebody from outside to the farm raid for several resets. I don't think it's worth the effort, not since Blizzard introduced BOE epics which can cover the repair and flask bills if sold. So my answer would be no.