CD usage as Demo

Hi. I've just started playing my Warlock again. I'm 85.
    We have quite a few spells, but good addons helps me out with that.
    What I'm confused about is CD usage. How do you use it? And how do you open on a boss?
    Atm what I'm doing is: Curse of the Elements -> Demon Soul -> Metamorphosis -> DoTs -> Nukes.
    Are there any macros to put couple CD's to one button?
    Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    I open with a Shadowbolt (to apply to 5% crit debuff), then a

COE > Demon Soul + Soul Casket Macro > Demon Leap to get in melee range > Immo Aura > Immolate > At this time i cast Felstorm while immolate is casting> HoD > Corruption > Bane of Doom > Doomguard > Soulburn a Felhunter > Shadowflame

Then just continue using HoD/Shadowflame on Cooldown while refrashing corruption every time you cast HoD and spamming Shadowbolt/Incin, when MC procs.

You have to remember that, unless that 5% crit debuff is on the target BEFORE you cast Immolate. No matter what you do (short of hardcasting another immolate), you wont get the bonus from it for Immolate. It doesnt take the debuff into effect when you HoD refresh Immolate. So that 5% crit NEEDS to be on the target before you start your rotation

oh.. I haven't thought about that (5%).
    Soul Casket Macro - what is that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Soul Casket is a mastery trinket, not that good though so I think he misstyped and meant Moonwell Challise

Basically Moonwhell dont pop instantly, so you have to be sure you have the buff from it before you pop Meta since Meta takes a snapshot of your stats.
    Most easy is to use a castsequence macro I think even though I have been lazy and pop Meta with another key manually as soon as Power Auras indicate I got the trinketbuff.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-09-20 at 11:14 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-in-one-macro

>> awesome macro for using chalice. Everyone should be using this.

Deleted
    Well i macroed my Soul Casket trinket to Demon soul, since they both have 2 min Cooldown. When i get Moonwell Chalice i will replace Soul Casket with it. It basically means, when i press my Demon Soul, it also pops my trinket. THEN i go into meta form.

Its very important that you use Mastery Trinkets before Meta form, since Meta takes a snapshot of your Mastery (but not your Int/SP). If you macro your Moonwell Chalice to Demon Soul, all you have to do is use Demon Soul, THEN Meta form. Its easy.

I'm not one for complicated macros. Hold shift to do A, hold alt to do B, click to do C, drink vodka while raping a banana to do D ect. I prefer to use normal, simple, easy macros.

#Showtooltip
    /Cast Demon Soul
    /Use Soul Casket

Just replace Soul Casket with Moonwell Chalice and thats your macro. When i get Moonwell Chalice is 8 days i will be using that.

Quote Originally Posted by Billop View Post
    You have to remember that, unless that 5% crit debuff is on the target BEFORE you cast Immolate. No matter what you do (short of hardcasting another immolate), you wont get the bonus from it for Immolate. It doesnt take the debuff into effect when you HoD refresh Immolate. So that 5% crit NEEDS to be on the target before you start your rotation
    False. Any refreshing or reapplication of dots will recalculate all buffs/debuffs on both you and the target. That means that recasting Immolate, refreshing with HoG and refreshing with FF will all equally give Immolate new values of crit/spell power/damage modifiers/etc depending on present buffs/debuffs.

It is not crucial for your own personal dps that you begin with Shadow Bolt, it is however a "free" spell if cast during a pull countdown and it will give the entire raid the extra 5% crit on all of their initial spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    False. Any refreshing or reapplication of dots will recalculate all buffs/debuffs on both you and the target. That means that recasting Immolate, refreshing with HoG and refreshing with FF will all equally give Immolate new values of crit/spell power/damage modifiers/etc depending on present buffs/debuffs.

It is not crucial for your own personal dps that you begin with Shadow Bolt, it is however a "free" spell if cast during a pull countdown and it will give the entire raid the extra 5% crit on all of their initial spells.
    Actually it was proven that Immolate only takes into account the 5% debuff if you hardcast another immolate on top of the current one. Refreshing via HoD or FF doesnt apply th 5% crit. Try it out if you dont belive me

Actually it was proven that Immolate only takes into account the 5% debuff if you hardcast another immolate on top of the current one. Refreshing via HoD or FF doesnt apply th 5% crit. Try it out if you dont belive me
    My apologies if that is true. I was aware Shadow and Flame doesn't act like other debuffs and that it rather acts like if SnF was a buff on you, but I wasn't aware that it's been further proved to not act like that either. Would you mind giving me a source or saying where you found it? I'd be interested in seeing it myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    My apologies if that is true. I was aware Shadow and Flame doesn't act like other debuffs and that it rather acts like if SnF was a buff on you, but I wasn't aware that it's been further proved to not act like that either. Would you mind giving me a source or saying where you found it? I'd be interested in seeing it myself.
    It was a demonology guide on the official forums i think. I cant find it now, but it mentioned about Immolate not gaining the buff if you casted it after applying the debuff. I thought that it was odd, but when i tried it myself, Over a 6 minute fight, my immolate did indeed crit a LOT less when i applied it BEFORE the debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-in-one-macro

>> awesome macro for using chalice. Everyone should be using this.
    A macro that frequently bugs out resulting in a huge dps loss. Noone should be using it imo

OT: Always open with Curse of elements and shadowbolt to apply the 5% crit debuff and hopefully proccing some procs.
    Once you've both your curse and s&f applied, use your most powerfull /use trinket, pop demonsoul and metamorphosis.
    Summon your doomguard, apply hand of guldan and your dots. The rest is just keeping up your dots and using your filler.

It was a demonology guide on the official forums i think. I cant find it now, but it mentioned about Immolate not gaining the buff if you casted it after applying the debuff. I thought that it was odd, but when i tried it myself, Over a 6 minute fight, my immolate did indeed crit a LOT less when i applied it BEFORE the debuff.
    The only "proof" I could find on your suggested source was this:
    1) On your opening, if there is no fire mage/ aff lock in your raid, should you open with shadow bolt for Shadow and Flame debuff? (While dots are supposed to update each tick with general debuffs, I have heard that Shadow and Flame/Critical Mass did not fall under this rule, so it was important to have this debuff up before applying dots)
    You're correct on both counts; SnF doesn't update properly as most debuffs do so it's important to have before dots (mainly ones that update automatically, as immolate does). I'll update accordingly to reflect this.
    Now, since my sources (link in that post, as well as a few posts down) on EJ only made a logical assumption that SnF works like a buff on yourself and didn't provide any evidence that refreshing a dot with FF/HoG/Haunt would update its modifiers like spells normally do with buffs on yourself, I did as you suggested and went to the dummy.

I did 3 tests on level 85 dummies with my own unbuffed crit chance of 13.52%:
    I began with Incinerate and waited to make sure SnF was present before I cast Immolate.
    Expected result: 18.52% crit chance
    Result: 18.0% - slightly lower, but with my small sample size variation is expected.

I stood right next to the dummies to reduce travel time. I began with Immolate, followed by Incinerate which hit before the first tick.
    Expected result: 13.52% crit chance
    Result: 11.3% - much lower than expected, but again my sample size is small. It is clear though that Immolate gained nothing from SnF.

I stood right next to the dummies to reduce travel time. I began with Immolate, followed by Incinerate. FF was cast after I had visual confirmation that SnF was applied. Because of latency and human lag I couldn't make sure to hit FF before the first tick every time. From the tick count and amount of cast you can see I had 44 Immolates with 10 ticks and 20 Immolates with 9 ticks. That means out of 64 casts I had 44 Immolate ticks occuring before I could cast FF which would expectedly give those ticks 5% extra crit.
    Expected result: (44*1.1352+576*1.1852)/620 = 18.17% crit chance
    Result: 16.8% - lower than expected, but closer to my expected result than your expected result of 13.52%

Conclusion: Small sample size and big variance in numbers made this unconclusive, however since the numbers seemed to be closer to my theory I will stick to that until someone can come with a bigger sample set and prove me otherwise. So until then I still believe and will state that any refreshing or reapplication of dots after SnF has been applied will gain the benefit of SnF.

Note: The variance in the damage on test #3 is because an affliction lock applied CoE on a nearby dummy during my testing, resulting in Jinx:CoE being applied to my dummies. No other debuffs than my own and Jinx:CoE were ever present on the dummies during my testing.