Poll: How often do you clean your ears?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How often do you clear your ears?

How often do you clear your ears? And by clean I mean with q-tips to get the wax out of your ear.

Poll is up:

*1+ times a day
    *A few times a week
    *Once or twice a month
    *Once every few months/a few times a year
    *Once every few years when I remember
    *I've never cleaned my ears.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I get out of the shower so everyday.
    Though I dont use QTips like I used to because you push wax deep in sometimes so Kleenex on the pinky is my method.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

Deleted
    Lol, who would clean them 1+ a day? I mean, that's just unnecesarry.

Deleted
    You shouldn't clean your ears with q-tips, it just pushes the wax inside your inner ear and will cause problems in just a matter of time. My mom had surgery cause of this and is not able to hear on this particular ear anymore. The ear is a self cleaning organ which means it pushes the wax out all the time so it's enough to use the q-tips just on the outside, or if you don't use q-tips like me, just wash your ears radical while showering with shower gel.

Quote Originally Posted by vaenror View Post
    You shouldn't clean your ears with q-tips, it just pushes the wax inside your inner ear and will cause problems in just a matter of time. My mom had surgery cause of this and is not able to hear on this particular ear anymore. The ear is a self cleaning organ which means it pushes the wax out all the time so it's enough to use the q-tips just on the outside, or if you don't use q-tips like me, just wash your ears radical while showering with shower gel.
    Just don't push it in so deep and you're fine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    About 2-3 times a week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Lol, who would clean them 1+ days? I mean, that's just unnecesarry.
    Actually it's just really bad.
    Earwax has a huge protective function, if you clean it out too much then infections will get a free hand.

I clean them so often because it starts itching really bad, and I go crazy if I don't get the wax out.

Once a week I clean my ears, cut my toenails ect ect, all those little hygiene things that dont need doing all the time, but occasionally, I get done on a Friday afternoon.

I'm strangely addicted to clearing my ears with cotton buds, I do it about once a week. It's like itching a place you can't reach.

However, I have also had an ear infection that could have burst my ear drum. I recommend resisting the urge to clear you ears with cotton buds. Instead you can use some oil based ear cleaners which you can use when they get bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    i will admit it is one area i neglect, not very often does it get cleaned

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever my earbuds start to slip out of my ears, then it's time to get that shit out of there.

1+ times a day here. Not sure why, just like doing it I guess?

Couple times per week.
    Hi

Something my mom did when I was kid, and I do now as an adult is Hydrogen Peroxide. Just hold your head sideways over a sink and pour some H2O2 in there and let it sit for a while. You'll hear fizzling, and when that's died down, you just tip your head over and wipe it out. Repeat with other side. Then I'll usually take a shower afterwards and just let hot water run through my ear for about 30 seconds to a minute each side.

Deleted
    I have a special medical tool perfect for the job of digging out wax.

I've got pretty bad allergies, and the orifices most effected are my ears and eyes, so I have to clean mine out regularly (multiple times a week).

I clean inside my ears when i can see that they are dirty, so probably about once every 3 months. I use my little finger while in the shower.

Disgusting to most people but i don't care

Deleted
    One or two times a week

10+ Year Old Account
    I work construction so it is VERY dusty all the time so I clean my ears probably 2-3 times a week and I get then candled every 6 months. You'd be amazed at how much shit comes out of your ears when you get them candled.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-09-19 at 02:48 PM.