Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm running with the Claw of Torment and Shatterskull. I guess if nothing drops this week I'll have to grab the tankard. Of course I'll probably get ragged on. QQ

Just found a couple of these on the cheap, around 2k a piece. If you can log on before people start getting the idea that these aren't the same as last year and their a pretty decent upgrade, you can get a few of these to resell for a decent profit. Same with the daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Just found a couple of these on the cheap, around 2k a piece. If you can log on before people start getting the idea that these aren't the same as last year and their a pretty decent upgrade, you can get a few of these to resell for a decent profit. Same with the daggers.
    Well, in my server these maces are selling around 650g now...

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Dont forget, the more time passes, the more of these mace youll see get put on the AH, the amount of people getting the mace compared to the amount of people who would actually use them is pretty big, id try to sell asap if i were you, or do like i did with the lvl 80 one and wait after the event is done and theres none left on th AH.
    Bleh

If you're using an agility weapon lower than ilvl 365 these will almost certainly be an upgrade for you on the basis of the higher agility and higher weapon damage.

If you're using an agility weapon of an ilvl higher than 365 then, simply stated, these weapons weren't designed for you.

My enhance shaman is using two 359s (Claws of Torment and Maimgor's), so I am personally looking forward to picking up a pair.

15+ Year Old Account
    dont forget you can do this boss as many times as you want to farm this for free last year on end of event they were worth 60g per piece

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    here I sit with Baleroc killed a total of 12 times on both normal and heroic (I believe that I killed him every ID since Firelands came out) and I still have only seen one Gatecrasher drop on normal...

Also, with a total of 55 bosskills in the Firelands on both normal and heroic our guild has only seen ONE of the random weapons drop off Shannox, which was the 2H sword...

And now I bought a 500g mace with the worst stats imaginable off the auction house because I am still sitting on maimgores bite which I, of course, also bought from the AH back at the time. I am so pissed right now.

kosajk, you're wrong there, slightly. Though you can farm Direbrew as many times as you want, all he specifically drops are the trinkets. The tankard comes solely from the Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest, which you get once per day.

I bought one last night for 1200 gold. I realize it'll be cheap by the end of the event, but I've had a 346 Hammer of Sparks in my main hand for...god, it's gotta be running on 8 months now. Haven't been raiding much recently, Claws of Torment would never show up on the AH, and I barely lucked out with a Maimgor's. My impatience caught up with me.

Might pick up a second one later on in the event, but for now, I'll keep the good amount of hit and expertise from Maimgor's. I kinda want to keep my axe so that I can transmogrify a BWL weapon anyway. :P

DPS on weapon greater than all, accept a dwarf DW these drunk off its ass in Brewfest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmm ya think. I mean i can see how that would be but those sub stats just make me cringe to be honest. Still i may give it a shot should i see it.
    Just to get back to that. They're really just secondary stats. Agility is so much more powerful than even your best secondary stat. Weapon damage is probably even more powerful.
    Yes maybe the secondary stats aren't perfect but they still increase your dps. And the increased agility and weapon damage over 353 weapons just more than makes up for the difference between "optimal stats" and "bad stats". People really get that min/maxing wrong :/
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    kosajk, you're wrong there, slightly. Though you can farm Direbrew as many times as you want, all he specifically drops are the trinkets. The tankard comes solely from the Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest, which you get once per day.
    idd you are right i forget they changed events a bit, done it long time ago when drops was been normal and it was been doable once per char

Quote Originally Posted by Izzard View Post
    Well, in my server these maces are selling around 650g now...
    yeah I don't know why people say " blow some money". in 2 days, they went from 10k (yeah would buy it for that price) to now 400g.
    The event will be on for 2 weeks. I think we can expect prices to be around 200g in 1 week, and go up from there on as people will keep them for later.

it would really break my heart if it's better than Maimgor's Bite as offhand through..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Just to get back to that. They're really just secondary stats. Agility is so much more powerful than even your best secondary stat. Weapon damage is probably even more powerful.
    Yes maybe the secondary stats aren't perfect but they still increase your dps. And the increased agility and weapon damage over 353 weapons just more than makes up for the difference between "optimal stats" and "bad stats". People really get that min/maxing wrong :/
    More like i've been spending so long reading p on the optimal sub stats that i forgot about higher weapon damage.

Deleted
    Yeah, it gets cheaper the longer you wait imo, since the mace is only good for enhancement shamans, and I think many combat rogues already splashed the cash on the Molten Front weapon. I managed to buy 2 of the maces for my off-spec for 400g+ each, and it's only the second day.

The only good thing that came out of replacing my claw of torment with the tankard is that my expertise reads 26/26 instead of 29/26 (OCD?). A whopping +7 agility too.

I am going to stock up on a couple to maybe sell later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I am going to stock up on a couple to maybe sell later.
    not best idea if you take in consideration that deathwing 5 man will prabobly have similiar loot to firelands and there will be that new raid system with easier dificult and a bit worse loot than from normal deathwing raid which will made items like that absolete

They're already 800g on my server, if you need them right now, then that's not a huge price to pay, if you can wait a few days/weeks (which I can since my enhance shammy is just an alt) and are running Coren every day for the mounts anyway, then you'll either get a set for free, or you'll be able to buy 2 for about 100g each by the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    dont forget you can do this boss as many times as you want to farm this for free last year on end of event they were worth 60g per piece
    it only drops from the keg, so you're limited to once per day, but they're still pretty damned common

i've managed to get 2 so far on my main server of 10 level 85s, not had it on the other servers (3 other 85s)

Just take care you don't buy one of the old 226 maces for 1k or whatnot They're differently named, but have the same icon.