Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yes, its mot important to feel healthy. Dont always focus on the numbers on the scale.

If you don't feel that exercise in some form is necessary, you should probably take an exercise physiology class. Exercise provides many important benefits other than weight management, such as an improved immune system and a higher likelihood of independent mobility at an older age. The more you do now the better off you'll be when you are elderly (especially when including a resistance program). If you don't enjoy exercise, I suggest finding something that you enjoy that involves movement otherwise you may limiting your life. Exercise doesn't have to be a dreadful thing, doing at least 90 minutes a week will still provide some benefits.

So, drop exercise, do less, or keep pushing myself? What's your perspective?
    With a steady disciplined diet, most people can keep healthy and fit by working out just 20-30 minutes a day 2-4 times a week. By no means a killer of socializing.

Why bother with exercise at all, given the era we live in you can have the lard sucked out, and go on a proper diet so you don't gain it back.
    Of course this is Murica and in only a few short years I am sure liposuction will be covered by our national healthcare plan.

Yep, Stiff dicks, liposuction and probably plastic surgery for all but you're shit out of luck if you need Dental.

10+ Year Old Account
    I exercise very rarely, I walk to town/uni now and then and during summers I rollerskate like once a week or so. I haven't gone to the gym in over a year, and even when I did I only went like once a week for an hour or two.

I'm male, 25 years old, ~190cm and 70-75kg.
    I only eat a "real" meal once a day, apart from some light breakfast (basically some bread/yoghurt and juice) and light evening snack. If you don't have any physically demanding stuff to do, eating once a day is enough imo.

There are some drawbacks to not exercising though; you'll naturally become physically weaker, and you can forget looking "buffed" ^^

I've always maintained the opinion (as someone who was also once overweight) that Diet controls your weight, exercise controls your health and well-being. From my brief stint of counting calories, I realized just how easy it was to consume 500 calories, and how incredibly hard it is to burn 500 calories. As an example, I run for 20 minutes 5-7 days a week, just to keep my fitness at a stable level as my sports (Windsurfing and Kitesurfing) don't do much for cardio. Anyway, in that 20 minutes I burn roughly 300 calories. Given 2 slices of bread is usually 200+ calories, that's barely a sandwich. Not to mention, I normally eat more when I'm exercising, so the exercise probably just cancels out the extra food.

So really, if you want to maintain your weight loss, it just comes back to diet. You're just allowed a few more "off days" when you're maintaining not losing. Exercise however, is what will keep you toned and your Cardio Vascular system healthy, so I wouldn't advise ditching it all together, but certainly no need for your life to revolve around it. I find it incredibly easy to find 20 minutes a day for my run.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-06-11 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good way to die early! (usually)
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    Never really exercise, around 175m cm and 70kg. Works fine.