Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question for the Holy Paladins

Ok i got a simple question for u healers.... Warriors or druids, which do u prefer to heal in raids?

I know druids take less dmg overall (on avg) but tend to take more spikes in dmg recieved. And warriors take more dmg (again on avg) however, its a bit smoother. I ask u paladins since, from my own personal exp u tend to be the tank healers more often than not.

Ty for your feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Not designated for me, but as a Disc tank healer, I prefer druids.

Coming from a Restoration Shaman : A tank that rolls their CD's, reforge right and does not gem stamina will be fine in any given time. Most of my heals and our holy paladin heals are overhealing anyways.

The healers in my raid group seem to be in love with the feral druid from the other team.

Personally though I'll have to go with whichever one is played better.

I'd say warriors. They have much higher mobility than druids with their intercepts and leaps, and some great raid utility with the 20% health shout.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    I'd say warriors. They have much higher mobility than druids with their intercepts and leaps, and some great raid utility with the 20% health shout.
    They're talking damage taken, not necessarly in a 5-man dungeon.

I honestly don't have a preference between those two. The tank I normally heal in raid is a prot pally, though.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer to heal druids over all of the four tank classes.

But, that is likely because I am lucky enough to have an awesome druid I heal on an almost daily basis who knows how far he can push my limits and vise versa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRez View Post
    They're talking damage taken, not necessarly in a 5-man dungeon.

Yes exactly. In raids only (5mans are loljokes now anyways)

And ty for the responses

10+ Year Old Account
    Pally healer myself, I prefer druids. Maybe it is because we have a nice set of tools to deal with that spike damage.

For example, when I am on my druid healer, I prefer healing warriors as druids lack emergency tools

Deleted
    Depends on the fight really. A boss like Beth (up on the net) or Bale I'd go with a feral, but for Rag or Rhyo I prefer a warrior. The difference is minimal though.

The gap between the tank classes isn't as big as it was in BC. Brutallus with 2x warrior was a pain. (

its totally situation dependant bus as a pally healer my favorite tanks in order are druid DK warrior and pallies last...seems like i rarely get a good pally tank

Until you get into the very hard hitting content (i.e. hard hitting 25 man HMs like Shannox (it actually is one of the hardest hitting bosses)/Baleroc/Ragnaros), there really is little difference between tank classes, and the skill of the player and their timing on CDs, etc outweighs the difference between tank clases.

However, at the top of the progression chart, the differences become more noticeable (i.e a much lesser geared feral druid is easier to heal than a near BiS geared blood DK). I would say warriors are easier to heal than druids. Even though druids technically take less damage, warriors have more CDs and better CDs, so a skilled warrior is more able to react and respond to damage spikes than an equally skilled druid.

From a general perspective, if player skill is equal, the hierarchy is probably something like this with current class balance:

Prot Paladin (best CDs and best raid CD) > Prot Warrior > Feral Druid > Blood DK

I would go with a warrior over a druid. There mastery is just OP compared to a druid.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Until you get into the very hard hitting content (i.e. hard hitting 25 man HMs like Shannox (it actually is one of the hardest hitting bosses)/Baleroc/Ragnaros), there really is little difference between tank classes, and the skill of the player and their timing on CDs, etc outweighs the difference between tank clases.

However, at the top of the progression chart, the differences become more noticeable (i.e a much lesser geared feral druid is easier to heal than a near BiS geared blood DK). I would say warriors are easier to heal than druids. Even though druids technically take less damage, warriors have more CDs and better CDs, so a skilled warrior is more able to react and respond to damage spikes than an equally skilled druid.

From a general perspective, if player skill is equal, the hierarchy is probably something like this with current class balance:

Prot Paladin (best CDs and best raid CD) > Prot Warrior > Feral Druid > Blood DK
    ^^^ agreeing with this guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladin here (pally forums lol).. but I heal with all 4 healers on alts. I generally prefer druids. Our feral tank is a machine.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Tank classes are level enough at the moment that any difference between two equeally geared Tanks is going to be attributable more to skill than class.

probably a good thing.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Pally healer here: Depends on how the toon is being played. Noob druid tanks give me a bigger headache then warrior nubs.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

To be completely honest, even in hard mode progression most of it is purely based on skill, with the class adding the RNG to it.

IMHO I prefer healing Warriors and Paladins, Followed by DKs and Feral druids at last.

Feral druids have really bad mitigation, the absorb they have is nothing compared to block in overall and average. They have a little bit more avoidance than other classes in their BiS but their mastery is nowhere near as useful as DK or Block tanks mastery and it scales terribly (again this is my opinion from experience).

I see some ferals that gem agility and, although they are right, it does give them a lot of things, AP for increased absorb, crit for increased proc chance and dodge for more avoidance, but I think they don't understand the current concept of healing.

If rag decides to hit your agility bear 4 times in a row and he only procs 2 bubbles, and you decided to cast a holy light as he was receiving the first hit, unless you crit one of the next 2 divine lights or another healer (hopefully a disc) helps you out, he will die.

This is when you know if your tank is good or not, some tanks will pop all their CDs in the third hit and maybe survive the 4th, some others will pop a minor CD when they go below 40% health and some will just die and blame the healers when it's their lack of knowledge and understanding the current healing model that most likely caused the death.

I think there's a reason why some top guilds are using Feral tanks with full stam gemming, but what do they know right?

Sorry if I went a little bit off topic here.
    Last edited by Ciraxx; 2011-09-20 at 10:54 PM.

Tankadins just win overall, Yeah a tank druid can have amazing dodge streaks and not take any damage but you're still going to time your heals after boss swing to best keep the tank up over 90%. DKs and Druid tanks are very spiky to heal from what i've experienced while the only "spiky" damage paladin tanks and warrior tanks take are magic damage and that's in 7/10 situations very predictable or even on a steady timer in some addon.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!