Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Murozond & loose ends

So, while we already "knew" Nozdormu would eventually become the leader of the Infinites, this next patch preview pretty much makes it official. However, people are saying Blizzard is cutting loose ends and that the Infinite arc ends in 4.3. I would like to talk about this.

1. Even if Murozond dies, it doesn't mean we won't be meeting up again. Someone needs to watch Back to the Future.
    2. Even if Murozond dies, should that timeline never come to pass then that specific incarnation never actually existed. Doubt we'll be able to take him down until the actual corruption takes place.

Had to get this out of my chest. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    So, while we already "knew" Nozdormu would eventually become the leader of the Infinites, this next patch preview pretty much makes it official. However, people are saying Blizzard is cutting loose ends and that the Infinite arc ends in 4.3. I would like to talk about this.

1. Even if Murozond dies, it doesn't mean we won't be meeting up again. Someone needs to watch Back to the Future.
    2. Even if Murozond dies, should that timeline never come to pass then that specific incarnation never actually existed. Doubt we'll be able to take him down until the actual corruption takes place.

Given the infinite number of timelines, there could be an infinite number of infinite dragonflights, and since they don't mind messing with the timelines, we coudl essentially never run out of them.

besides, we kill this guy in a future timeline that we are then preventing from happening by killing deathwing, and thus if deathwing was killed, that timeline never existed, and we never killed him, thus he isn't dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    Given the infinite number of timelines, there could be an infinite number of infinite dragonflights, and since they don't mind messing with the timelines, we coudl essentially never run out of them.

besides, we kill this guy in a future timeline that we are then preventing from happening by killing deathwing, and thus if deathwing was killed, that timeline never existed, and we never killed him, thus he isn't dead
    This back to the future stuff is going to make my brain explode I swear.

Ok, no, again.

Your very first sentence is wrong.

Nozdormu will become leader of the infinite flight IN ONE OF THE MULTIPLE TIMELINES, WHICH MIGHT NOT BE OURS.

If Murozond dies, what would happens it that the timeline where he existed will unraveil. If the timeline was the original, all the timelines would be destroyed. If it wasnt the original, that particular timeline will cease to exist. If Nozdormu doesnt become Murozond in any other timeline then Murozond ceases to exist. If the Timeless One does become Murozond in another timeline he wont cease to exist.

There are not loose ends, there arent any problems.

Please refrain to continue posting about the topic without reading Twilight of Aspects.

Murozond -will- die. I'm fairly nearly 100% sure that Nozdormu became Murozond because Deathwing won (either by side-effect or directly caused by Deathwing). We will be sent to the future, and have to fight Murozond, either with current-Nozdormu helping us, or just by ourselves, and when he dies, we "close" or "destroy" that specific timeline.

Murozond is an anagram of Nozdormu as well

Deleted
    in a future where we failed to kill deathwing, deathwing's remains are impaled on wyrmrest temple. so who the fuck killed him?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminomeph View Post
    in a future where we failed to kill deathwing, deathwing's remains are impaled on wyrmrest temple. so who the fuck killed him?
    The Old Gods. The Old Gods WANT life on Azeroth to be wiped out. Deathwing is their pawn. Once the pawn has served its use, it is destroyed. Whether they did this themselves (unlikely, as they most likely do not have a body) or compelled him to do it himself is yet to be seen.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaminomeph View Post
    He is nothing more then a tool to the old gods, once that tool is used enough well then you dispose of it. In this sense of action

Deathwing

But if he is never dead, when did we kill him to be able to go back to the past to get the demonsoul? Did that ever happen? Did this ever happen? Who are you?
    What is this I don't even
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Infinite Infinite Dragonflights? @_@ Gawd dammit do I hate time travel. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Ok, no, again.

Your very first sentence is wrong.

Nozdormu will become leader of the infinite flight IN ONE OF THE MULTIPLE TIMELINES, WHICH MIGHT NOT BE OURS.
    I'd like to quote the first poster for this:
    What I believe to be most logical is that the future isn't written, thus being constantly reshaped. For what we know in all variations up to this point the Infinite are present, leading me to believe Nozdormu's corruption is quasi-inevitable. Unless the source is found and dealt with, there will be an Infinite dragonflight eventually.
    Please refrain to continue posting about the topic without reading Twilight of Aspects.
    Watching the Terminator makes me more qualified to discuss the possibilities of time travel than reading that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagrat View Post
    The Old Gods. The Old Gods WANT life on Azeroth to be wiped out. Deathwing is their pawn. Once the pawn has served its use, it is destroyed. Whether they did this themselves (unlikely, as they most likely do not have a body) or compelled him to do it himself is yet to be seen.
    Old Gods have bodies, C'Thun's still has a sort of sentience to it and Yogg's blood came seeping out in veins all across Northrend. I think that it's the Twilight Flight who impale him though as a sign of their Independence and superiority in contrast to Deathwing and his black-flight. The Twilight's, however, remain minions of the Old Gods so in essence their impaling of Deathwing is still an action of the Old God's will.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Watching the Terminator makes me more qualified to discuss the possibilities of time travel than reading that book.
    lol nice!

-

What if it isn't Noz, but some dragon that fashions himself the new master of time and takes an anagram name of Noz for himself out of spite/provocation?

Timetravel isn't hard.
    If this Muzorond is native to the timeline we go into - he is dead in there, but it has no effect on all other timelines because we then prevent THAT timeline from existing. So we actually didn't really go in there and didn't really kill him because he didn't exist in the first place.

But an important possibility is that he can be ALSO A TRAVELLER. He didn't come from that timeline, in that timeline DW killed Nozdormu with all other aspects. He is from the timeline the future goes after DW is killed. Hi IS the future Nozdormu, the same one that took us there. If that's the case, if he goes dead, he goes dead for keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphiredragon89 View Post
    Murozond is an anagram of Nozdormu as well
    Yeah, Cap'n Obvious, he sure is.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    What if it isn't Noz, but some dragon that fashions himself the new master of time and takes an anagram name of Noz for himself out of spite/provocation?
    Also could be that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preface, so that if people say that I'm just making things up or talking out of my arse, they'll have good reason as to why that is: I haven't read Twilight of Aspects. So everything that I'm about to say is just total lore speculation based on things I've discussed with other lore buffs.

This is the first time that we've heard anything about the leader of the infinite dragonflight being able to block Nozdormu's sight through time. And while it isn't really up to debate who the leader of the infinite dragonflight is, the question becomes this: if Nozdormu finds out (assuming that he didn't already know) that he becomes the leader of the infinite dragonflight will he A) attempt to prevent such a thing from happening in the first place or B) try whole heatedly to make it happen?

Those really are the only options. Just like when John Connor finds out that his father is Kyle Reese he knows that he has to send him back in time in order to make sure that he is born, else a time paradox is created. If Nozdormu does NOT become Murozond then a time paradox will be created. Yes, no? Maybe my math is wrong on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Hi IS the future Nozdormu, the same one that took us there. If that's the case, if he goes dead, he goes dead for keeps.
    This reply makes no sense. That's like saying killing your future self will kill your past self. We're going into the future to kill a future version of someone that may, or may not, exist in our time line. Even if Murozond IS Nozdormu killing the future version of him won't stop him from existing in any time line except for the time line that he's from, and that won't stop the past version of him from existing either, only any future proliferation of that exact version of Murozond. Your argument is invalid.
    Last edited by virus73; 2011-09-19 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by virus73 View Post
    Those really are the only options. Just like when John Connor finds out that his father is Kyle Reese he knows that he has to send him back in time in order to make sure that he is born, else a time paradox is created. If Nozdormu does NOT become Murozond then a time paradox will be created. Yes, no? Maybe my math is wrong on that one.
    Third possibility: Noz tries to avoid becoming Muz, starts changing time, causes paradoxes and this is what changes him into Muz.
    How does that sound?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Third possibility: Noz tries to avoid becoming Muz, starts changing time, causes paradoxes and this is what changes him into Muz.
    How does that sound?
    i have been playing what that same idea. of noz trying too hard of not becoming what he saw he would become. and in the end he turns into it that cause his prevention backfires.

Deathwing isnt exactly a tool to them, he ruined their plan in war of the ancients by being greedy and taking the demon soul for himself...right before Sargeras was able to enter azeroth.

Now he is just insane and wants to destroy azeroth and create it into his own world where his dragonflight would live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i have been playing what that same idea. of noz trying too hard of not becoming what he saw he would become. and in the end he turns into it that cause his prevention backfires.
    That would make sense if and only if there were only one iteration of Nozdormu. If you guys listened while you did the little quest in the Caverns of time where you follow the Custodian of time they tell you that there are infinite time ways that are always in trouble and that they need the help of adventurers in order to get them under control. They don't know why the infinite dragonflight is targeting these time ways, just that they are targeting them and that they are in catastrophic distress. They also mention a lot about subjective realities and perception and how you mortals can't comprehend what's going on in the time ways because of the way that you perceive reality.

I remember thinking, when they first said that their master is away (and again when Chromie has us go to the Bronze Dragonshrine in WotLK quests) that Nozdormu was ACTIVELY leading the infinite dragonflight and just wasn't telling his members of the bronze dragonflight and when he encountered them he was corrupting them and changing them into members of the infinite dragonflight, but it appears as though my perception of time is faulty and Nozdormu was indeed fighting off the Infinite flight in that flashback to the past / future in the Bronze Dragonshrine.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Deathwing isnt exactly a tool to them, he ruined their plan in war of the ancients by being greedy and taking the demon soul for himself...right before Sargeras was able to enter azeroth.

Now he is just insane and wants to destroy azeroth and create it into his own world where his dragonflight would live.
    The old gods whispering to him in the depths is what caused him to go (further) insane. So yes, he is a part of their plan even if he isn't obeying their plan to the letter. His actions go to directly benefit them the most.