gfx, hdmi, 2 monitors+tv

Got a question, i have a gfx card, 570 i think it is, where i normaly use it with my 2 monitors 1x 24"(DVI) and 1x 20"(VGA). The 24" is my main monitor where i got my start menu etc, and the 20" is just a desktop w/o the start menu, where i can drag things over to watch them at the same time as i play wow for-example.
    Then i have a 10m VGA cable from my 42" that i plug in instead of my 20"(VGA) to watch series, movies, streams etc.
    BUT i recently saw that i could plug a 3 monitor/tv to my gfx card, I think it's a mini HDMI.
    So my question is: Can i get a 10m HDMI to mini HDMI cable? And if i can, how does it work then? is the 3 monitor (my 42") just another empty desktop where i can drag stuff to like my 2'end monitor is now?

A bit confusing i think, but i hope someone can answer my question If not, feel free to ask and ill try to explain it better.

Thanks in advance

-Novo
    Last edited by Novodk; 2011-09-20 at 02:34 PM.

First off, it's GTX. And secondly, if you bought that card from EVGA, it should have came with a mini HDMI to 10mHDMI for tvs, monitors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    First off, it's GTX. And secondly, if you bought that card from EVGA, it should have came with a mini HDMI to 10mHDMI for tvs, monitors, etc.
    It came with no adapters to normal HDMI !

Can't use 3 monitors at the same time on GTX570, just two. Dunno how it works if you plug in three, if you have to choose from drivers which ones are active, maybe somebody else.. For the computer your 42" TV is just like any other monitor, there's no difference whatsoever.

And yes, you can find cables from store, but it's not gonna be cheap.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Hi. Hopefully I can give you some help in this matter.

You could do this, having 3 monitors on same card, if you would have a ATI card or a nVidia 590. Since a single nVidia card can only support max 2 monitors. Why it is like this I do not know, but I bet there is some shiny tech behind it.

Bottom line, if you want to run your computer with more then two monitors, avoid nVidia and buy ATI cars.

Best regards
    Buttlern

thanks for the help, what if i bought another 570? would it be possible then?

Quote Originally Posted by Novodk View Post
    thanks for the help, what if i bought another 570? would it be possible then?
    Yes... sort of. If you keep the cards separate, ie not in SLI mode, you can use up to two monitors on each card. If you want SLI you can only use two UNLESS you use surround, ie 3 same sized screens made to look like one giant one. So if all you want is a third display, a cheaper card would be a better bet.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2