Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "365 Trinket DPS Trinket Bitterer Balebrew Charm 365 Trinket Healing Trinket Bubblier Brightbrew Charm" What? all that stam, wouldnt it be for Tank/PvP?

well, looks like its time to transfer or quit playing... I am on a dead server, only way I could get my 2 piece anything is from Valor points, maybe with the raid finder I might be able to raid more then once or twice a month now... Or just start playing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    I have a feeling that this "raid finder" thing is going to be SO fail on realms like mine where 95% of the playerbase is a joke in itself...unless I missed some info somewhere saying that the LFR tool is going to work like the LFD tool and search for groups including people OUTSIDE of your realm...tho I doubt it. The realm I currently play on has basically turned into a cesspool of really REALLY lame trolls with a very small number of people actually looking to do something useful with their time on WoW. Any PuGs that get put together can barely down trash without wiping 15 times. While I can definitely see this being useful on the "older" realms that tend to have more serious people looking for a PuG - I can only see LFR spelling out TOTAL DISASTER for what people like to refer to as "south park realms..." even with this so-called easier difficulty. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Their current raid finder tool is a total mess - I am having a lot of trouble seeing this new one as being something really awesome. I seriously hope I have to eat my words when 4.3 drops. I really do.
    LFR tool works cross-realm just like LFD

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    Oh this is wonderful news <sarcasm>

Because random groups put together with no thought behind group comp, properly gemmed and enchanted gear, or those sneaking in with Season 10 Vicious Gladiator pieces will be facerolling T13 content, even with an easy mode. And these Random raids won't take more than an hour to run.

And I am sure that when a Tier piece drops everyone will congrats the winner, and all que up again to run another so that everyone else can get one too.

That was it for me. As of last night my main is now a farming toon and I am making myself available to guildies for old content runs for tier sets to Trans. I am glad that things are changing for those of you that have been playing for years and are in well established raiding guilds. For the rest of us it is not even making us feel like second class citizens, we are that crazy aunt or uncle that no one wants to talk about but has money so you try to keep them a little happy so they don't leave the fortune to the cats.

New Player class rankings

5% T13 Heroics are easy stop catering to casuals.
    10% T13 heroics are hard
    10% T13 regulars are hard
    10% still working on T12 but doing some T13
    15% still doing T11 but also attempting some T12
    40% still having trouble with T11
    final 10% role players that couldn't care less.

I have run ZG/ZA where it can take a half hour and everyone is happy, I have run it where it takes more than 2 hours and you log out with nothing. I can do T11, I can even bring what is required to Firelands runs. I just have a feeling that this is going to be a big hit to the player base and that all of the bottom 200 servers are going to start seeing a mass transfer to the higher Population servers.

Maybe that is what they are hoping for, a big chunk of cash for transfers. Wonder how long it will be until we hear about Guild Transfers being available with patch 4.3.2
    LFR is cross-realm - No need for realm transfers to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Agreed. They keep trying to make it easier and easier for everyone to raid.. when that is not the problem. The problem is that there is no challenging content for solo players. They should have kept raids challenging for raiders, but actually made solo dungeons that were fun and interesting, along with quests that were challenging. Instead, they dumb down raids and at the same time make quests absolutely silly easy. The firelands dailies were the biggest waste of time ever, killing mobs in 2 seconds.. it was just a chore to get people to log in every day for 20 minutes.

I would much prefer if they allowed solo players to have challenging content, without pushing us to do raids. Still don´t understand how games like DDO can have very challenging solo dungeons and have raids at the same time.
    I'm starting to think they've already conceded the solo market to SWTOR and are just going to concentrate on keeping their raiding core and the people that aspire to that. Seems like every new piece of info is just another kick in the nuts to soloers who like to progress in that manner.

Oh joy. Our 10 man has 6 people on the Conquerors token... GG Blizz.

We have gotten mostly all Conquerors tokens. All of our pallies/priest/no warlock have off-spec gear and off-spec heroic gear while our dk has pvp shoulders. Back in ICC all of our druids had 3 sets of gear and were selling the tokens to the vendor for 5g before anyone else even got a token due to these ridiculous drop rates.

The only good thing about ToC was the generic token. They should let raids manage their own loot distribution rather than RNG.

I would seriously like to know why they dont allow for the generic token or why it was deemed a failure that they had to go back to this. I really hope the answer isnt something to do with class stacking cause this isnt an e-sport, If some raid wants 8 druids or 8 paladins then go for it. To me running the content for the entire time it was available and never seeing a class token drop is far more annoying then preventing some lame world first that will happen anyway with class stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my guild, I enjoy playing with most of the people in it. Unfortunately there are those that need to be over geared to raid. Just the facts. They try their best, but the majority have been playing for maybe a year or two and have absolutely no idea what you are all talking about when you say it was so hard in BC, Vanilla was the best. Many of them have never set foot in Naxx or Ulduar, let alone ICC.

They have full 359 Epic gear and have issues breaking 9k DPS, or have trouble with complex healing combinations to get the most output. They see themsleves taking lots of damage and gem/reforge Stamina for more health. They just don't know. Hardly any guilds have Class leaders anymore, its all L2P noobcakes, run heroic dungeons and trolls until you puke and buy gear, or guilds just give gear to them in the hopes that maybe having better gear will help them improve.

If....and I know it is too far gone to go back...they did away with random dungeon and coming soon raid finder, what would we be doing. We would be looking for guilds with a lot of active players, maybe a pug here and there, but all of these hundreds of little 12 and 14 roster guilds, or even ones with close to 100 but its only 15 people with piles of Alt's would slowly disappear and we would see a return to the days when guild chat was more active than Trade, people would act more professionally because having a name and reputation meant you got to raid, or you were asked to help on dungeon runs. The game has become too impersonal and people are no longer accountable for how they act.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannekaker View Post
    Glad they got rid of Valor Points for tier gear. :P
    Thumbs up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dejohn View Post
    We have gotten mostly all Conquerors tokens. All of our pallies/priest/no warlock have off-spec gear and off-spec heroic gear while our dk has pvp shoulders. Back in ICC all of our druids had 3 sets of gear and were selling the tokens to the vendor for 5g before anyone else even got a token due to these ridiculous drop rates.

The only good thing about ToC was the generic token. They should let raids manage their own loot distribution rather than RNG.

I would seriously like to know why they dont allow for the generic token or why it was deemed a failure that they had to go back to this. I really hope the answer isnt something to do with class stacking cause this isnt an e-sport, If some raid wants 8 druids or 8 paladins then go for it. To me running the content for the entire time it was available and never seeing a class token drop is far more annoying then preventing some lame world first that will happen anyway with class stacking.
    They did mention they were going to change the way tier pieces drop for the better, so at least the drop rates are meant to be better. But ye, the number of dk tokens that have dropped this tier has been rediculous, a generalised token could help, especially with the lack of vp. But without rng, youd never get that moment when you dont take a class to bh10, just tohave that class' 2-piece drop. Woot

You have to correct the brewfest part of this post You incorrectly stated that the Tanking trinket was healing and the Healer trinket was *spell* Othwerwhise thanks for an awesome update Love you xD

Deleted
    Oooh...lol..I was raging earlier about the tiers and all the nutjobs going on about "lolzor if u dun raid u dun deserve u scrub" over the tier not coming from vendors...I'm a raider at heart, but can't raid as of now for various reasons (and only kids or adults leeching off society will say that it's possible to make 3 raid nights per week without problems even for the busiest person, known fact!) and got a bit angry that I wouldn't be able to have at least ONE tier piece with me into the RF...but a lower set of tier (similar to the ICC era where there were 3 different versions of each tier set, the lowest being from vendors completely!) from RF is just..awesome. That's exactly what I had hoped for.Looks like I'mma renew my sub after all, RF might not be so bad and scrubby as I thought.

I really think this is a bad idea. I count myself really fortunate to have gotten one shoulder token for my main last tier, and I never got the helm. After all this time in firelands, I haven't gotten the shoulders or helm, and I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to until the only thing they'll be good for is transmogrification.

I don't know why this is even being done. Maybe it's because they no longer want people who don't raid to get the latest tier. If that's the case, maybe they need to go back to having valor points earned through dungeons disconnected from valor points earned through raids, so that only raiders can get VP enough to buy tier in a timely fashion. They'll also have a great reason to do more dungeons again--to augment their VP for the week, even after a full clear (though I hope these three new dungeons aren't tucked away in their own tier like the Zandalari dungeons, for variety's sake). So when raiders get a lot more valor, those who don't raid won't be able to afford the tier gear until long after raiders get it, which still strongly encourages them to use the Raid Finder. You can still have the tier tokens drop from bosses as well, for further encouragement to raid so that if you're lucky, you can spend that valor on the non-tier items instead, and also sooner. If you're not lucky, you have to wait. That's the way I think is better. The way Blizzard is handling this looks like "If you're not lucky, you just don't ever get it."

It's just that, should I be as unlucky as I historically have been when it comes to these tokens, I don't want to raid every single week only to go into Mists of Pandaria with only two or three pieces of tier 13.
    Last edited by Kezaren; 2011-09-20 at 09:52 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Offering alternate slot gear through Valor Points will be a wise idea. That way if you get a poorly itemized tier piece, you can still get your 4 piece bonus without having to worry about the lack of a competitive slot option. Now for plate wearers and their stat itemization, will this mean that there are different styles of pieces per slot to compensate for the vastly different ways plate DPS wearers gear up? So having Crit + Hit, Hit + Mastery, Haste + Mastery types of options would be nice to cover all slots.

I dunno if this has been mentioned.... but 365 Trinket DPS Trinket Bitterer Balebrew Charm 365 Trinket Healing Trinket Bubblier Brightbrew Charm are not DPS or healing trinkets lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    1st So like 3 different types of T13 that sounds wonderful. . .
    Not first, owned by hubris

Deleted
    hmm just like molten front rewards caster dps trink sucks ass, mellee dps trink doesn´t look much better. Their itemization this time around has been really horrible, my druid tier gear is absolutely horrendous.

Deleted
    Pretty solid move by Blizz, i unsubbed to begin with because the difference between heroic gear and trying to get into a raiding guild, even if your previous experience was really awesome, your gear could not compensate that gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dagger 365 drops from boss or from this blue thing?coz i spam killing boss 25times 2day and he didnt drop yet any dagger and any mace

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    stamina trinkets tagged as DPS and Healing? Correct Boub :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    It's RNG, we had like 5 Protector, 2 Conqueror and 1 Vanquisher from Raggy.
    That's the same for 25man raiders. On MD, the first 8 out 9 Tokens were DK/Mage/Druid.... so they already equip for 2nd equip, while the other tokens are still very much needed.

There has to some kind of fix to this. This sucks and it sucks probably even more in 10man.

But as i now raid 10man, i don't think it would be fair to make it 2 tokens in 10m and 3 in 25man. That would be really ridicilous. There should be a fair ratio and 25man raiding already died out because of 10man being much easier. We also changed from (25man 1/7 heroic in 6 weeks progression) to (10man 5/7 heroic in two(!!) weeks).

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    well, looks like its time to transfer or quit playing... I am on a dead server, only way I could get my 2 piece anything is from Valor points, maybe with the raid finder I might be able to raid more then once or twice a month now... Or just start playing something else.
    Well when you don't raid, you don't need t13. The new 5mans will be doable without it and PVP has it's own gear, so why bother getting t13 when you have no real use for it?

The new raid tool should allow you to raid whenever you want. Though i bet i don't have the nerves to raid with you when you actually have pretty no raiding experience. I don't know how much easier it will be, but from what i see in random raids, they are very very bad in everything. Their gear is okay and enough, but movement, concentration and so on are mostly really terrible.