Deleted

Staghelm 10h melee

Hi,

on staghelm 10H as a frost dk i stack with the group whenever we have to soak scythes, and we have 2 mm hunters and an arcane mage standing out to maintain the damage buff. i was wondering if theres a place that i can stand so i can still stand in so that he switches out of scorpion, but i dont get hit by scythes.

Deleted
    Just behind the pincers but you need to be carefull because you might stand infront of him. A couple of wipes and you will get it

Change tactics

We never take the Scythes from his Scorpion form

Nearly the entire encounter is played out in his catform. This results in the maximal uptime of the buff. Just force Domo into scorpion when his stacks are too high in the cat form then wait for some of the flame pools to dissapear then spread out before the scythe.

Easy as pie

Also if you have a prot pally you can have him eat a scythe or 2 using CDs / ardent defender. It is especially easy to do this now with the nerf.

I'm wondering why you bother taking the Scythes, it immediately reduces all but 3 people's dmg/healing buff for almost no gain (time / difficulty wise). OT: You can also stand just behind the boss between swipes, works until he gets ~4 stacks of adrenaline, then the gain isn't worth the movement.

Here is a vid of my guild doing HC Domo pre-nerf (meaning its shitloads easier now). We ONLY take swipes at the beginning, you can take 3-4 Scythes, probably 5-6 post-nerf with raid CDs, at the start to buy you some time, but apart from that only switch him to Scorpion to reset adrenalin, don't take another Scythe before you swich back to Cat. I hope this helps you get your kill It makes things much easier allowing RNG to keep the 100% dmg buff on much more DPS/healers if they don't get pouced (or ofc are assigned to Orbs/when seeds come).

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7zttQviI-Q

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurlock View Post
    Change tactics

We never take the Scythes from his Scorpion form

Nearly the entire encounter is played out in his catform. This results in the maximal uptime of the buff. Just force Domo into scorpion when his stacks are too high in the cat form then wait for some of the flame pools to dissapear then spread out before the scythe.

Easy as pie
    This. We once did it with taking a scythe every second time but only tank took it since he is a pala. Own CD on and pain supression, then again spread, take the jumps, back in and spread before the scythe. Goes down like a dream<3

Deleted
    As others have said, having dps get hit by even a single scythe is just a complete waste of dps and won't gain you anything, especially on 10h.

Just spread at 80-90 energy before the first scythe hits.

70 energy -> 7 stacks. That's all you need to know for the fight. Also, have the melee and maybe the tank take on one of the orbs.

Deleted
    With the current nerf you can go up to 8 or 9 stacks espcially when on 10 man, we managed to do it on 25 man and people are usually slower grouping then, having a druid makes it a lot easier and we just had our paladin tank soak one sycthe 1-0-1-0

Some guilds ate a good number of scythes the first couple times around to try and avoid the second set of orbs. That was a fairly valid reason if your DPS was high enough that your last phase was the second orb phase.

Now since the nerf, however, if your DPS isn't high enough to avoid the second orb phase without taking any scythes, you're in trouble.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilenor View Post
    Hi,

on staghelm 10H as a frost dk i stack with the group whenever we have to soak scythes, and we have 2 mm hunters and an arcane mage standing out to maintain the damage buff. i was wondering if theres a place that i can stand so i can still stand in so that he switches out of scorpion, but i dont get hit by scythes.
    Your raid group is using a suboptimal strategy. You should never take a single scythe. As a prot warrior that goes fury for this fight (among others), I never stand in front of the scorpion and I never get hit with scythe.

The strategy that you want to use is this:

Pull boss, hold scorpion to about 80 energy -> split
    Hold cat for 7 leaps -> stack
    Hold scorp to about 80 energy -> split
    Hold cat for 7 leaps -> stack

You get the idea. The reason is because the scythe will reset the concentration buff on everyone it hits, so with your strategy you have 7 people eating scythes which should include 4 dps. That's 4 dps losing double damage for no reason. Hell, with multiple scythe strats you might be three healing it... bad idea. You want one tank, two healers, 7 dps, and zero scythes.