Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    I hope you meant 3 healing. You were supposed to two heal before, so the nerfs make the two healers jobs easier allowing for a third, or just two heal and kill bosses faster.
    Nice logic there. Try to make sense next time.

Deleted
    FL 6/7 HC = TOGC 4/5 HC....just faceroll raid for 1-2hrs...rly big disappointment

You can now derp your way to 397ilvl gear

TOO SOON etc.

Are these nerfs live EU-side? I can't find a blue post on it.

Deleted
    i don't understand people crying about the nerfs 'cause you won't kill ragnaros heroic anyway, if you weren't at least in p4.

15% nerfs on heroic mode doesn't mean they're suddenly a push over for EVERY guild. You can't "derp" your way to heroic gear Ribon. There's still mechanics in basically every fight that if you do it wrong you wipe the raid, and the damage/health reduction wont matter if you still don't know how to play.

TBH I think all that 15% does is reduce your progression time by a week or so. It sucks that you have to feel a little less accomplished though.
    Last edited by Estral; 2011-09-21 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear lord...
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Estral View Post
    15% nerfs on heroic mode doesn't mean they're suddenly a push over for EVERY guild. You can't "derp" your way to heroic gear Ribon. There's still mechanics in basically every fight that if you do it wrong you wipe the raid, and the damage/health reduction wont matter if you still don't know how to play.
    Just check the reports, raids are going from 0/7 to 3/7,4/7,5/7, some of them started their heroic atempts yesterda. For example lots of ryolith kills (there isn't new mechanics there, just a timer to beat before the dmg is unhealable, if you remove his HP and lower his dmg, guess what happens?) and from groups that never atempted it.

Guess we now need to join PTR, so we can get the normal "6 months" of patch cycle. Because most players (not these self proclamed "players" from facebook games that cry for nerfs) won't be able to progress on a tier in 2 months or less like Paragon and others without their 2/3 months of PTR.

did 25 man firelands last night and christ the nerfs make it so someone in blues can clear it now.I think maybe little nerfs but these are a joke it made it so that we killed adds and chickens so fast we had to stand around waiting for tornados to spawn.Just do not understand these huge nerfs.

Deleted
    Remember the times when you wiped on boss and discussed tactics on your guild forums? I prefer that to roflstomping every boss in the game. Sure, I am ok with normal mode nerfs, let more casual people see the content... but heroic? Come on, I was so looking for a slow progression there.Guess today's kids who plays WoW just want everything by ease. Tell you what, you will so get pwned in real life when you come across an obstacle. Go cry to god that you want World of Earth nerfs now... Sweet mother of mercy...

Quote Originally Posted by splenmuncher View Post
    did 25 man firelands last night and christ the nerfs make it so someone in blues can clear it now.I think maybe little nerfs but these are a joke it made it so that we killed adds and chickens so fast we had to stand around waiting for tornados to spawn.Just do not understand these huge nerfs.
    mabye stick more ppl in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Only people crying are the self-entitled no lifers who all somehow claim to only raid 6-8 hours a week and yet are 6/7 heroic. Hmmm.

Yeah, sorry. Not buying it.

The nerfs help the majority of us. You had your time, now its ours. Deal with it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 04:15 AM ----------

If its all the same, why bother playing at all? Because you get to brag about how great you are? Yeah.

It isn't a case of stepping up our game. Its a case of whether or not our raids are stable enough to field a viable raid group every week, and if we can put enough hours into learning fights. This whole 'baddies' concept is just ridiculous and pathetic, and screams 'I have no life so I justify my existance by being slightly above average at raiding a game that isn't even considered hard in the first place'.

i.e. Learn that this game is about fun, and not about how awesome you think you are.
    you're right, the game IS supposed to be about fun, and the nerfs, I feel, make it less fun. I appreciate the challenge of getting a tough boss down. My guild is pretty casual (raid 2 nights a week for about 3 hours each) and we all have pretty hectic work schedules so we cant raid consistently. So we just got rag normal 10 man down last week. we were looking forward to taking on the challenge of heroics, only to see the nerfs turned heroic modes easier as well. Since when was downing raid bosses with little to no effort fun for anyone? Its the reason I dont play other games on super easy mode - its just not fun.

Raiding takes time. that's just the nature of raiding. It doesn't take a ton of time (i dedicate 6 or less hours to raiding a week), but it does take some time. Skilled players can make use of that time efficiently, learning mechanics quickly and practicing their execution. So yes, it is about stepping up your game to an extent.

Unless there is a new tier of raiding imminently approaching (which it seems, with 4.3, this isn't the case this time) I don't see any reason for nerfs of any kind, except due to balancing issues (which usually take place within the first few weeks of a patch release).

Sense of accomplishment seems to be the only justification for qqing here..... (I dont really care but thats how I see it.) 4.3's gonna be epic anyway.!

Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    I hope you meant 3 healing. You were supposed to two heal before, so the nerfs make the two healers jobs easier allowing for a third, or just two heal and kill bosses faster.
    i've been telling my 10 grp that forever...
    with 3 healers it's hard to break 12k hps without mass overhealin.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Deleted
    To be very honest, my guild kinda hit a wall after 3/7 hc. But these nerfs are a little bit too much.. 5%-10% would be better imo. 15% is alot...

I laugh when I see people bitch about these nerfs. People don't realize or refuse to realize that it is the ones bitching that cause the nerfs in the first place. Think about it. How long does it take any of you to raid through the instance to get a fairly full set of gear? 2, 3 months? Longer? How quickly have new raid content patches been coming out. How many raiding guilds are there on the servers? Of that number of raiding guilds how many of those guilds have finished FL? So blizzard is looking at a situation where you have a small percentage of the game population that does raid, with an even smaller subset of that who are in FL with an even smaller subset of THAT who are geared for 4.3. Knowing 4.3 is coming up at some point Blizzard has a choice, either drop the patch and have maybe 10 percent of the game population even TRY to enter into the deathwing raid with a likelihood that maybe 1 or 2 percent of them will actually down a boss considering they're so undergeared for it OR nerf the current content enough so they can get that small percentage of the raiding population enter Deathwing and at least have some kind of chance downing anything in there. See, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they make it easy enough with people wearing T11 to down, those with full T12 are gonna yell copout and bitch. If they make it where people with T12 struggle, those who have half T11 are gonna bitch and moan as well. Now, I mentioned that this was all your fault anyway. Why is that? Well, with not much other way to supplement your gear (and boys and girls its gonna get worse come patch), you either have to make raids easier, nerf the raids quicker or leave one hell of a lot of people behind in raiding. So by all the special little flowers bitching about other ways to obtain tier gear (ie badges), they've slit their own wrists because blizzard is going to have to do what is has to do to nerf raids as quickly as possible to try to get as many people through them as possible.

Deleted
    one shoot everything in firelands is what blizz wants us to do. Wei so funny game

i love it now we can fast clear all the hcs in 1 day and continue our progres on ragy dont care if more guilds clear more hc they pay for the game and have same rights only assholes cry about the nerfs :P dont like it you know whot ?? we dont care

This might actually make me want to raid again. I was 4/7 normal 25 man before my guild hit the Alysrazor wall. We smashed out face against that for a few weeks and everyone stopped showing up. If everyone starts making raids I might actually get to see Majordomo since he looks to be a fun fight.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfs for heroic mode were not needed.