Mumble is kicking my friend out of WoW

Very strange problem here. There are about 20 of us who have used Mumble while raiding or doing PvP in WoW. Most have no problems. But one user gets disconnected from WoW if she uses Mumble. She can use Vent with no problem. But Mumble will cause WoW to boot her to login screen, even if she is in a channel alone with no one talking.

We already tried TCP mode in Mumble, but no luck.

I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced any problem like this, and if so can you offer any suggestions?
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bandwidth problem but without codec and bitrates used for both servers plus an internet speedtest results it would be impossible to be sure.

In that case why wouldn't she have the problem with Vent? She is on Verizon FiOS
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    does it happen if someone uses mumble from a different computer on the same connection
    ie one person talking on mumble from computer A: and person2 playing wow on computer B:

and to answer your previous question no isp is 100% perfect no matter how good there reviews or rated speeds claim to be
    Last edited by lockblock; 2011-09-20 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    does she play on a wireless connection with half duplex? that messed up a friend of mine on vent before.

She doesn't share the connection. I'll find out about the wireless / duplex info.

The strange thing, like I said, is she has been using Vent while raiding with us for months, and never a single disconnect. But if she tries to use Mumble instead of Vent, she will get disconnected within a few mins. She stays connected to Mumble but WoW boots her to login.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    She doesn't share the connection. I'll find out about the wireless / duplex info.

The strange thing, like I said, is she has been using Vent while raiding with us for months, and never a single disconnect. But if she tries to use Mumble instead of Vent, she will get disconnected within a few mins. She stays connected to Mumble but WoW boots her to login.
    thats not really the point, if another computer can do it just fine then we can narrow it down

No she does not have another computer on the same connection that she can use to test this.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Last night we found that Mumble caused her WoW latency to go Red even when it (Mumble) wasn't connected to a server!

What on earth could cause this? =/
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Since I'm not at all familiar with Mumble, I can only make the assumption here that something ala P2P is leeching off her bandwidth.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could download wireshark, which captures the ip packets on your network interface card. You can then tell where mumble is trying to connect to and what it is doing. That should give you a good idea and with that information you could check the FAQ of the mumble website or try google.

This is a FiOS issue not Mumble. The guild I'm in has ~5 users who have FiOS, they can be totally fine one night and the next every single one of them goes red.