Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Equality is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3F4...5EAECB44&lf=iv

It's like the ultimate mind blow. I literally had to check if it's real, it is. I love the women in the advert, they couldn't misrepresent their sex anymore if they tried to. I also love the presenter, who is not a human being but a bag of hammers given life as the ultimate tool.

I can't even have a male only gym (we have female only gyms here) but now apparently I need day care? It's this idiotic behavior that creates the divide between the sexes. One sex looks down on the other for some perceived flaw and mocks them for it.

Now I'm not offended based on the idea, hell it sounds like a laugh. I'm miffed because I'm 100% certain that if you installed a "womanland" in a hardware store, the store would be sued, there would be some sort of march and men would have to agree how stupid it is.

What are your thoughts?

I'd prefer being in MANLAND than shopping. Not for sexist reasons, but for I-really-fucking-hate-going-shopping reasons. I'm sure there's plenty of women that would be happy to hang out there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genius, absolutely genius.

Whoever thought of this needs a nobel prize.

Me and my fiance will go, shop and buy what we want and then BOTH go to "Manland" to play games at their expense.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

"Womanland is in the kitchen" - I was rollin so hard when I read that.

Anyway, it's actually kind of a neat idea imo. Being a male who doesn't like shopping, but I go with my GF anyway. This would be pretty pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

THANK GOD. I hate hate hate getting drug shopping, but IKEA is one of the worst. As soon as I enter that place I just can't stop yawning.

reporter has a cute accent.
    on topic, im not a fan of going to ikea i just dont like their stuff, its so plain and lifeless to me. And when we do buy it i get stuck putting it together and i never get that stuff to line up right, we have a glass shelf and the doors are off. The arcade is cool, bet all the games are a buck though.

.....But I love aimlessly wandering Ikea.

So is Womanland going to be a shoe store inside of a Pep Boys? j/k

Eh, I'm not really offended, as I hate being dragged to places like IKEA and JCPenny to go shopping, myself. What I'm offended about is that they portrayed men as children simply because we don't care about something like furniture shopping, or other things that women are enthusiastic about.

OP has apparently never been in an Ikea. It's a massive maze that you can easily get lost in and you can take hours upon hours in there.

This is brilliant. I love how they try to insinuate the men are down there due to short attention spans when its more likely they're just not in the mood to try and point out to a woman that a bargain still costs money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    OP has apparently never been in an Ikea. It's a massive maze that you can easily get lost in and you can take hours upon hours in there.
    I love Ikea. Except for beds, I gladly spent over a 800 on a mattress. I must has nice bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they dont have WoW in Manland. Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    This is brilliant. I love how they try to insinuate the men are down there due to short attention spans when its more likely they're just not in the mood to try and point out to a woman that a bargain still costs money.
    I bluntly point that out to my fiance a lot... She gets made for about 30 seconds and then goes "Right so why were we here again?"
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

It's a private place of business, and it's not like men are being forced into this place or harmed by it in any tangible way. It's completely optional and hurts nobody, so I don't see the problem.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like shopping because I only ever go knowing what I want to get, then I am the fuck outta the store. Unless I go to an electronics or video game store, then I can waste lots of time and not be bored.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    It's true, I spent like 4 hours there once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    agreed! lawl

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    its more likely they're just not in the mood to try and point out to a woman that a bargain still costs money.
    So true. My wife will say something like, "But it's on sale!!!" Then I say, "Yeah, but it's still $700." I don't know if sale somehow in her head implies it's free or what.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably still hang out with my girlfriend and help her shop than go to Manland, even though it would be more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    They're afraid they'll otherwise promote people to blow up buildings