Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by muslamic1 View Post
    what a sad life u must have if others getting to experience the content offends u so much...
    Why do low brained simpletons always cling to this type of nonsense? Is that all you are able to provide to a discussion?

I doubt anyone cares if other people "see content" as much as they personally want an actual challenge to be there every week they raid Firelands. Blizzard has removed the challenge and now it is nothing more than going through the motions of doing the bosses. The excitement of the killing or the agony of defeat is removed, and you just have frivolous loot pinatas. Most progression raiders don't want frivolous loot pinatas, we want challenge, it has absolutely nothing to do to exclude other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Still makes it a "pick up group".
    no, it does not. "pick up" means that all people are picked up on the fly. it means it's a totally randomized group. fixed groups, no matter from how many different guilds, are NOT pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    no, it does not. "pick up" means that all people are picked up on the fly. it means it's a totally randomized group. fixed groups, no matter from how many different guilds, are NOT pugs.
    Picking players outside of your guild is a pug. How do you really not understand that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Busey on a Rampage View Post
    Why do low brained simpletons always cling to this type of nonsense? Is that all you are able to provide to a discussion?

I doubt anyone cares if other people "see content" as much as they personally want an actual challenge to be there every week they raid Firelands. Blizzard has removed the challenge and now it is nothing more than going through the motions of doing the bosses. The excitement of the killing or the agony of defeat is removed, and you just have frivolous loot pinatas. Most progression raiders don't want frivolous loot pinatas, we want challenge, it has absolutely nothing to do to exclude other players.
    you want a challenge? get a life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Calling bullshit on this guy's "pug" one shotting Rag. It was probably a group of people from different guilds who run together that calls itself a pug. That, or it didn't happen.
    Ever thought about Pvp'ers? I know ALOT of people that can not be aresed to go PvE on a regular basis but still enjoy it every once in a while. I myself and a couple of players from our RBG team acompanied with two or three pick-ups farmed 6/7 with ease last few weeks.
    With this nerf I see no way of Raggy standing up for more than a few tries, since we've had him down to 3% without any real progression raids.

These players, inculding me, hover at a rating between 2k - 2,2k so noone is really that exeptionally skilled. Without any doubt I can say that a group of 10 random guys picked outside Orgrimmar with ratings over 2,5k would one-shot Raggy if they've read and watched the fight.

Deleted
    do they stil one shot in 25man as if they one shot in 25 but don't in 10 /rage at yet another fight mechanic 10 man gets away with insanely easier (domo orbs)

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    do they stil one shot in 25man as if they one shot in 25 but don't in 10 /rage at yet another fight mechanic 10 man gets away with insanely easier (domo orbs)
    LOLOL. 25 man heroic, you can ignore orbs, while on 10 man, orbs are the only difficult part of the fight. Yes, 25 man is more difficult this tier (just like 10 man was last tier), but at least cite a decent example.

If you can't deal with domo orbs, that's your guild's problem, not a 25 versus 10 man fight mechanic problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Mm, I guess the 25% damage nerf really does apply to everything in the encounter.
    No they're just decreasing Ragnaros' already pathetic melee damage by 25% but leaving meteors, flame waves, flame patches and adds at the same damage. Of course it's the whole encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    We knew raid were going to be (more of)a joke, why is there still discussion going on?
    How can you call the raid a joke.... The top guilds say heroic rag was one of if not the hardest fight ever.

So unless you are 7/7 an have been there for 2 months shut up with your fake l33test talk.

I have difficulty understanding why people object the nerf of raids instances.

There should be no impact to those who have downed it except such nerf makes them no longer being the top say 15% raiders anymore.

Seems strange to me that no one is talking about why we still have one shot mechanics at all. A huge selling point of Cata was that they were going to drastically raise hp levels and use more attrition-like raid mechanics, where mistakes compound on each other by forcing healers to expend more mana than they should have to (eventually leading to a wipe) and that DPS would generally not need to be topped off all the time.

It doesn't feel like they did that at all. In fact, there are tons of raid mechanics forcing healers to get everyone topped off fast before the next everyone-gets-hit mechanic takes place and even if those aren't present, it is so dangerous to let someone sit at low hp that you can't really do it. We're raiding exactly the same way we always have, just with bigger numbers.

Meteors that don't one shot you actually adhere to the ideas they laid out. You don't die, but you take a ton of damage that must be healed. If your raid takes enough, it's game over. When guilds first reach the fight, this would be really unforgiving, but as you gear up you'd be able to deal with mistakes by having more mana/regen on healers and more hp on everyone else. Great guilds will avoid all the damage and beat the encounter first while lesser guilds will have to gear up to make up for mistakes. The encounter would naturally nerf itself over time just through people acquiring gear. With one shot mechanics in place, no amount of gear will ever make up for the mistakes, the encounter will NOT become easier with acquired gear, and lesser guilds will NEVER beat it. Why design it that way?

Yeah I watched my wifes guild one shot rag and I saw her stand and a meteor came for her and she did not move as she was healing someone else and as the meteor hit the ground she was back to full hp, like it was nothing.

I said why did you not move she said, I dont hafta now

Quote Originally Posted by Ereya View Post
    Ragnaros normal is so easy now...
    Honestly, was it hard before? If it was, you have bigger problems. The same bad people that died to this crap before will still be bad and will still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Versastyles View Post
    How can you call the raid a joke.... The top guilds say heroic rag was one of if not the hardest fight ever.

So unless you are 7/7 an have been there for 2 months shut up with your fake l33test talk.
    almost 100% sure he was talking about normal modes...