Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Has anybody bothered to mention that fixing games is against the rules? Regardless of the intent?

Sorry, I didn't read all 6 pages, but that is the bottom line. One team asked another team to break the rules. They said no, and now they are told they should have just let them win?

Preposterous.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Never Give Up! Prolong the fight as long as you absolutely have to especially if it means the difference between winning and losing. Giving up is what sets people apart from winning and losing all the time.

If they can't beat you, it's their problem.

Don't give up for anyone. Don't ever lay down until you die.

It's that give up mentality that loses bg's, because morons just want to lose and get whatever piddly ass Honour Points they can get and even try to get anything more than what is free. People need to grow up and work for something other than waiting around for a hand out.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Some of you should google the word Empathy

I'll even make it easy for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy
    Irrelevant words are irrelevant. You don't decide not to get world first something or other because someone else wants it. You don't throw an arena match because someone else wants it. The achievement isn't for people who go in and beg for wins, it's for people who go in and beat the other teams fairly. OP is in the right 100%.

But since you like to throw out words, you should look up sportsmanship.

Here I'll make it easy for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship
    begging for a win is not being a good sport.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2011-09-21 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I seeing things right? Are people actually ADVOCATING forfeiting the match to give the other guys a win, after they didn't want to wait while playing an outlast comp?

My head. It hurts.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Empathy has nothing to do with it. It's actually against the rules to rig arena battles, which the other team tried to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazormal View Post
    If they wanted hot streak they shouldve played better
    good answer....and if you let them win, you are giving victory to cheating/trolling
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    You shouldn't continue the fight if you're a healer vs dps in 1v1 ffs -.-

Just give it up then, because there is no way you are gonna win, you're just gonna drag out the fight.

Had one holy paladin do that to me when i was playing on my ret. Took me some time but eventually i killed him. I really look down upon people not just being able to give up, and people not leaving the arena when its 2v1.

I hate it when blood dks and healers stay and prolong the fight when his partner is dead and its a 2v1. Same goes if its a healer 1v1. Only ok if 2 dps so it goes decently fast, at least when its only in 2s bracket.

Had one assh*le rogue vs my roguefriend in a 2v1 who bruteforce killed me down to 1v1, but he got down to 600 health doing it and my rogue was almost full. He kept resetting and waiting cooldowns out in stealth for max time. After 15-20 min he won the fight because my partner left the game to do something else, resetting and filling his HP. JUST FINISH THE GAME ITS NOT SO SERIOUS AND WE BASICALLY HAD THE FIGHT YOU MONGREL!! And you dont have to be such a-holes in duels aswell, to really wait out the cooldowns fully in vanish, and wait for the recouperate to tick off to max each bloody reset. Just.....vanish and open again when energy is full......Its not dead serious god sakes..

Anything that takes unnessessary long time pisses me off, people who know they cant win that keeps going.

<Infracted for Flaming>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-09-21 at 11:21 PM.

Some people reach the time limit because they do not want to lose, simple as that. Draw > Lose. Chess analogy: If you can't win, aim for a stalemate. If you say the healer is wasting time for not leaving, same could be said about the dps. Neither person is in the wrong.

as far as know both teams loose after the time limit...usally we are just rolling it out or leave
    if they just need that win give it them...you will lose the points anyway

A bit unrelated, but heres a story from wrath:

Back in wrath we were running tsg vs caster cleave. I killed their lock, they killed me (warr). Since this was late wrath the dk and mage couldnt really snag a kill, and it was clear after 10 minutes that it would draw eventually.

So I hopped on a lvl 1 (diff account) on their server and sent the dead guy some tells eventually convincing that we should both allow reses. They agreed, and we ended up winning after another 5.

Backdoor tells like this arent really a bad thing. The question was whether you trusted them. If they spent the time to log over i probably would have trusted them. You're call though, either decision is respectable. The only thing that wouldn't be is them if they were lying, and if so meh there are plenty of other assholes to kill.

As many people have said before me, if they were incompetent enough to get in the situation they were in, they did not deserve the Hot Streak.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I must agree, no matter if it was true or not it is selfish of you guys to not give up the game. Especially if you "just play for fun". You would gain absolutely NOTHING from the draw, other than causing the other team to NOT get the achievement.

"There is no greater joy than other people's misery"

Well this is the world we live in, full of selfish people with that attitude. But hey that is humanity at its prime, and people wonder why a new war starts random places every year.

Yes. I'm "The Bloodthirsty", I've been involved in 250.000 wow players death, and yes it have brought me great joy.

I give the human race at its current state 20, maybe 30 more years tops.
    Even if he plays for fun, no one like to lose If I was in a stalemate I would not give up because they whisper me and ask me to. In fact I would use all my focus to win or force a draw. If I am in an arena I am going to do all I can to win. I would never give anyone a free win. If the match was going too long for their taste they should have dropped, end of story.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Even if he plays for fun, no one like to lose If I was in a stalemate I would not give up because they whisper me and ask me to. In fact I would use all my focus to win or force a draw. If I am in an arena I am going to do all I can to win. I would never give anyone a free win. If the match was going too long for their taste they should have dropped, end of story.
    Technically he still played for a loss as he wasn't going to win and 'forcing a draw' is still losing. Rating deducted, and no benefit.