Deleted

When to use Demon Soul ? (affliction - pve)

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding demon soul,

Currently i use it before i start to dot my target, so that makes

CoE > shadow bolt > demons soul > the rest ...

I don't know if this is the way to go, so that's one question. Is it the way to go ?

2nd, what do i do when it comes off cd again ? Are there any dots worth refreshing after popping it? Even when i just cast them?
    Or is it a straight dps loss if i do so ?
    (currently i don't bother, except maybe if i see that UA or BoD is falling off very soon i'll wait for popping DS)

*i'm gone for today so i won't respond, but any answer or help is much appreciated.

Yes use it before you dot/redot. Dots only update buffs on you when they are cast or refreshed so if you use demon soul any existing dots will not get buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always use demonsoul before you cast dots and try to line it up with on-use trinkets, you are doing it correct
    Never recast dots unless you are ment to do, when they are falling off.
    You are allowed to wait as long as you want with demonsoul as long as the amount of demonsouls you'll use in a fight equals to the maximum amount of possible demonsouls.

For example.
    In a 6 minute fight you can pull 3 demonsouls. first at 0:00, second around 2:00 and third around 4:00
    If you use demonsoul like this: 0:00, 2:30, 5:00, then it's fine.
    If you use demonsoul like this: 0:00, 3:00, 6:00, then it's not fine since the fight will be over on 6:00 meaning you missed 1 demonsoul.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks for the info.

Deleted
    "best used in combination with Rune of ZEth .... 1 min and 2 min CDs with a 1 minute DoT tend to line up quite nicely -_O

I tend to pop it along with BoD and Rune of Zeth, the cooldowns are perfect for that. Just make sure you don't clip BoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I tend to pop it along with BoD and Rune of Zeth, the cooldowns are perfect for that. Just make sure you don't clip BoD.
    Why not clip it? Isn`t the last tick added to the new BoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liviu View Post
    Why not clip it? Isn`t the last tick added to the new BoD?
    Yes, but at the new BoD's power. So if you cast demon soul then BoD, wait until BoD wears off before recasting it, and the last tick will have the full Demon Soul-infused power.

Also, try recasting dots with short duration right before Demon Soul wears. If you're not dropping more than one tick, I believe its a dps increase.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Deleted
    So all in one, you just open with demon Soul and dot up, and just keep DS on CD? nothing else?