Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmnir View Post
    So.
    Anyone remember in that book with that dragon named Deathwing where the Dragon Soul was sort of ... ya know .... destroyed?
    Retcon, anyone?
    IF theres an explanation for this ( probably some stupid reason Blizz gave ) feel free to point out how much of an idiot i am i'd like to know whats going on.
    you need to:
    A. go back and reread those books.
    B. learn basic ins and outs of TIME TRAVEL.
    we are taking the dragon soul using it, then nozradormu will return to about 5min after we took it from way back when.
    in other words no one will notice it was gone, cause it wasn't gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Holy crap... really? Did you guys even read the rest of the news updates? No, it hasnt been retconned to be not destroyed anymore. You are going back in time to get it before its destroyed (then likely replacing it, or this is where Mal'furion "hid it").
    DO you really have to ask that :P. People don't like to read because they might learn something. What they really like to do is read two sentences and say "FFS BLIZZ EXPLAIN PLOX!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    You see the issue there? It went missing, noone except Malfurion knows were it was hidden. And Unless they're that desperate, I don't think he's going to just up and tell.
    he did, then his memory of telling us gets wiped away.

You are going back to point A to get it. You use it, and then you go back again to point A and return it. Hence no paradoxes.

3⌐--------------------------------¬ (You go back there again and return the dragon soul)
    (You're here) 1-----------> (You come here, take the Dragon Soul) |2
    ^--------------------------------------------------------|
    You go back)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olzagg View Post
    DO you really have to ask that :P. People don't like to read because they might learn something. What they really like to do is read two sentences and say "FFS BLIZZ EXPLAIN PLOX!!!"
    Because it makes no sense.

We agree that Malfurion hides it, yes? Alone yes? Yeah. It's -missing-, noone but him knows were it is, and he was almost going cookie too.

We agree that Malfurion hides it, yes? Alone yes? Yeah. It's -missing-, noone but him knows were it is, and he was almost going cookie too.
    yes malfurion hid it, then we asked him where it was them memory wiped us ever being there,
    you know like we did when we freed thrall?
    have you never watched MiB?

Incorrect, the remaining 4 dragonflights (Noz, Alex, Ysera, and Maly) also know where it was hidden. Considering Noz is allowing us to go back to that point of time, he could have easy said "Pst, it's over here".

Edit: Cradix I beat you to it by a couple seconds but good to see we are on the same page =P
    Last edited by Togarox; 2011-09-21 at 06:28 AM.

We agree that Malfurion hides it, yes? Alone yes? Yeah. It's -missing-, noone but him knows were it is,
    Wrong.

Malfurion and the four other dragons knew exactly where the demon soul was hidden.

After the Legion was banished from Azeroth and the Sundering of the World finished, Malfurion and the four remaining Aspects placed a spell on the Demon Soul that would prevent Deathwing from ever using it again, and then hid the foul disk in a place where only the four dragons would find it...but not Deathwing.
    And guess who one of the four was. Go on guess.

Can't figure it out? I'll give you a hint: he has control over the time stream.

Deleted
    time travel=mind fuck.
    But, we travel to a different timeway; more likely where rhonen, broxigar, and krasus didn't go back to, like a paralel universe.

Deleted
    Fine then, I was wrong. Still it seems overly retarded to use the dragon soul, criminally isanity inducing and all.
    Last edited by mmoc19ad86984a; 2011-09-21 at 06:31 AM.

You see the issue there? It went missing, noone except Malfurion knows were it was hidden. And Unless they're that desperate, I don't think he's going to just up and tell.
    Yeah, because it's not like they're trying to save the world or anything.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt the dragon soul destroyed after the war of the ancients? and were going back to TO the war of the ancients.....so unless im missing something somewhere....i dont see the problem

Just another example of why time-travel shenanigans are a solid sign of terrible writing. You create paradoxes and causality loops and the entire thing is a stupid fucking mess. It was idiotic when they did it in the WotA novels, and it was idiotic when they introduced the CoT instances. This is just the continuation of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it more as we let malfurion and the aspects know that we're taking it and returning it later in time, but we'll just have to wait and see
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    We grab the Demon Soul/Dragon Soul from the past, use it, then return it. What is it that people don't get about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Yeah, because it's not like they're trying to save the world or anything.
    Saving the world with a weapon that can easily destroy it too. Awfully gamble-y no?

Oh, and it is a retcon http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CosmicRetcon yes, that's pulled out of my ass, but time-travel pulls everything out of its ass too. And that is what this topic is about.
    Last edited by mmoc19ad86984a; 2011-09-21 at 06:36 AM.

Fine then, I was wrong. Still it seems overly retarded to use the dragon soul, criminally isanity inducing and all.
    How is it retarded? Deathwing created it and now they're going to use it against him. That's not retarded -- it's poetic.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Wrong.

Malfurion and the four other dragons knew exactly where the demon soul was hidden.

And guess who one of the four was. Go on guess.

Can't figure it out? I'll give you a hint: he has control over the time stream.
    Its this right here.... all you need to know.... need further questions go watch Dr. Who and read up about the dragon soul. if things still do not add up then you need to do more research my friend.

Edit: i need to learn how to quote within the quotes.

Saving the world with a weapon that can easily destroy it too. Awfully gamble-y no?
    Considering that they know for a fact that the world will end if Deathwing wins, no, it's not much of a gamble.

It's being put in the hands of the Guardian of the Elements, the World Shaman. That's not a gamble -- it's a smart decision.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Maybe insanity is something Thrall is willing to risk for the greater good of Azeroth. That is something we will have to wait and find out.