Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Here's the thing though

So we take the demon soul, at which point a bunch of events couldn't happen, since Deathy wouldn't have led the Dragonmaw to it, and then use it to defeat Deathy, then return so those events DO happen

However, if we return it then we can't have taken it and then Deathy isn't defeated since it being returned made it so it was subsequently destroyed and thus impossible for us to use to beat Deathy.

Methinks someone at Blizz didn't think this all the way through
    We dont return it, so we dont return to the Timeline that would continue off of us Returning it. As we are playing our characters, i doubt blizz will make a cutscene of us going back in time, putting the Demon Soul where it was, then sneaking out the back door or making another dungeon over it. And if We take the demon soul, the person tasked with Returning it to that timeline merely has to interject Right when it was gone;

Think Back to the Future 2. Marty1 see's Marty2 play at the dance, and stops the baddies from getting Marty2.

The person returning the Soul is merely waiting for Us to leave with it, in which he places it right back where it was. PARADOX over, just dont step on any bugs.

Time-Space-Continuum is quite confusing, but not that hard to do a bit of thinking and research on. Just watch Back to the Future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    Fine then, I was wrong. Still it seems overly retarded to use the dragon soul, criminally isanity inducing and all.
    Actually the Demon soul itself does not cause insanity, the whispers of the old gods who wanted it created did. The Orcs who used it to enslave the red flight never went insane, well bar the already insane deathwing poking there minds.

Deleted
    dragon soul in the past evens happen as normal -> 10,000 years the soul is lost in current unchanges lore before it's used again later and destroyed.

all we need to do is take it and put it back during those 10,000 years.

it's already been said we stick it back later and where better for malfurion to hide the demon soul that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    So you commented only because of me, huh? I'm not complaining to complain. I'm complaining because it's, in my mind, retarded. It might be plausible, but not reasonable, get it yet? I've played 7 characters to lvl 85 (granted 3 were dk's, I'm not obsessed, just that bored).

The story just gets so far out there, becoming more and more haphazard. I understand they need to keep the story flowing, but come on, all the time-travelling business creates more questions then it answers, and seems unnecessary. And inb4 "you got a better idea then?", no I don't that's why it's extra annoying.

Suffice it to say I don't play for lore reasons anymore, because I've lost interest. I tried having my facts straight, and I failed, sorry. Things like these won't help.

Using the dragon soul on Deathwing just seems so...meh! Sure it's ironic and somewhat cool to the villains weapon against themselves, but the way top obtain it is what doesn't make sense, and just seems, as I said unnecessary.
    The reason this storyline exists is not simply to obtain a weapon to defeat DW, we could have gone down a number of routes to kill him, the Soul was just one of them.

However the Soul route also provides the developers with an excellent chance to provide us with exciting gameplay right at the point of the Sundering! I'm no lore myself (just not ignorant) the event itself was huge, the presence of Azshara and other highborne will be a sight to behold, the opportunity to meet Mannoroth etc - it's an excellent opportunity no only to provide us with a weapon to defeat DW but also to allow us to experience the sundering and be part of a huge huge event in the past.

The Paradox is avoided by us obtaining and returning the Soul whilst it was sitting around doing nothing, the real question here is who returns it, Noz? Such power, surely he would be tempted/corrupted into trying to us it or siphon it before putting it back - we shall see.

Also regarding wielding the Soul, Thrall is going to tag along with us and he'll be like "bro, no worries, I'll pick it up - I'm basically the Earth warder now, lulz wouldn't it be funny if after this I became a dragon...but still with my head...ha".
    Last edited by killzwitch; 2011-09-21 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    'Hidden where only the other aspects could find it'

So, they cast the spell to cloak the fact that WE TOOK IT TO THE FUTURE. That's where it was/is/will be hidden. Without Nozdormu's help, it couldn't be retrieved. Hence, safe from Deathwing. And also usable by us. And not existing in the times between so it couldn't be stumbled upon. Then Noz can return it to any other time, and it can be used as often as needed, too. A very elegant solution, to my mind. Although it might help explain the madness that drove/drives/will drive Noz to lead the Infinites.

For people not understanding this let me present a scenario which may help.

You've lost your keys. You spend 10 minutes looking for them before you find them. You are now 10 minutes late to work. You stop for coffee and you meet someone important.

Now, the significant event is you meeting this person.

Now, imagine I go back in time, 2 minutes into your search, and take your keys to the future where I use them for whatever purpose. When I'm done I go back in time to 5 minutes into your search and put them back where I found them.

Nothing changes for you. It took you 10 minutes to find them originally. In my modification to the timeline, they were actually not there for minutes 2 through 5, but it doesn't matter because you didn't find them until the ten minute mark.

I had the keys in the future for however long I needed them, and you found them exactly when you were supposed to. You are still 10 minutes late, and you still stop for coffee and you still meet the person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Non-cannon, perhaps?
    Yep, they used catapults for all their ballistic needs.

Deleted
    I know this thread is a bit old but thought i'd add my thoughts to it.

We go back in time to 10,000 years ago, take the dragon soul.
    Fast forward 9,994(ish) years to the day of the dragon, how does Nekros control alexstrasza when the dragonsoul will not 'reappear' for another 6 or so years?
    Fast forward a few more years to the present day where we instantly appear with the dragon soul (only it would be a different future since the events of day of the dragon nor the capture of Alexstrasza would have ever occured, meaning Deathwing would not have stolen Alex's eggs and there would be no twilight dragonflight).
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2011-11-29 at 10:30 PM.