Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Yeah, and now that I'm thinking about it having a super small amount(8 per region) would be frustrating too. The owners of them would be constantly in battles non-stop, and everyone would be trying to beat them(With a super long line).
    See, that's what I'm saying. What I thought was there could be some monthly contest or event. A huge pvp bracket where everyone could participate. There would be random seeding. The winner of this contest would become the elite 4 champion. Here's how it would work:

The winning trainers team would have a snapshot taken. All items, evs, ivs, natures and movesets. And, the trainer himself: the specific hat, shirt, bottom, slogans, etc. This would be converted into an NPC which would reign over the poemon league for one month. Now, the AI would run the battle (a little easier probably than the actual player would) and that player would be glorified for a month and would get a permanent stamp on their achievement book and probably a fantastic looking trophy for their apartment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that would likely be the best way to go about it.

I just know that I, personally, would like to be that Champ who would laugh at you every time one of your pokemon fainted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Yeah, that would likely be the best way to go about it.

I just know that I, personally, would like to be that Champ who would laugh at you every time one of your pokemon fainted.
    Lol. I bet you would. I bet you would.

I'll probably work on it a bit tonight at work. Were slow ATM, so maybe I can get another section done.

As always, thanks for everyone's input

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy sales bot necros batman.

But mores seriously WOW for this to be necroed by ab BOT let alone at all is just wow.

Still may as well ask anyone else still want this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Holy sales bot necros batman.

But mores seriously WOW for this to be necroed by ab BOT let alone at all is just wow.

Still may as well ask anyone else still want this?
    Well, thanks for the bump good sir or madam! I haven't worked much on it in a while since new things come out in WoW more often than in the Pokemon world. Since it has been bumped, I'd like to get some other people to read the Document and give me some feedback.

As far as I can tell, Pokemon teams that revolve around weather conditions are running a muck on the metagame. If you don't have a team thats doing that, you're going to have a tough time being competitive. Clearly in an MMO, this would not happen. The devs would be able to take in game data and feedback and would be able to adjust the problems so that they are competitive and fun to play, but not so OP that every team is the same.

With over 600 pokemon, surely one viable strategy isn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Well, thanks for the bump good sir or madam! I haven't worked much on it in a while since new things come out in WoW more often than in the Pokemon world. Since it has been bumped, I'd like to get some other people to read the Document and give me some feedback.

As far as I can tell, Pokemon teams that revolve around weather conditions are running a muck on the metagame. If you don't have a team thats doing that, you're going to have a tough time being competitive. Clearly in an MMO, this would not happen. The devs would be able to take in game data and feedback and would be able to adjust the problems so that they are competitive and fun to play, but not so OP that every team is the same.

With over 600 pokemon, surely one viable strategy isn't fun.
    LOL wasn't me some bot selling something bumped and i replied to that thus my comment. And yeah i like how multiple people have come up with various ways myself included. Though mine is more faction based and involved legendaries for all at end game. Seems to me nintendo could make a real killing with a pokemon MMO maybe on the revolution heh.

With x and y out. I think this thread should be revived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    With x and y out. I think this thread should be revived.
    I'm up for it, but it's an old old thread, lol.

A lot of neat mechanics have been introduced into XY, primarily the PSS. All of your friends, right at your fingertips. All it needs is a proper way to chat...

Deleted
    holy necro

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrael View Post
    Ah, the good ol' Baldwin GDD template.

I scanned this post. I think the main question that needs to be answered before you proceed any further is this: What does a Pokemon MMO need to be an MMO for?
    There is a massive community wanting Nintendo to make a Pokemon game that is purely online based for a console, rather then having hand held games be the primary development focus. I am sure it would sell extremely well and be widely popular, it's one of the highest grossing franchises in the industry after all. You have to consider the possibilities of having a game with such a massive universe in a full 3D environment, it's entirely possible and more then likely something that would be fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    holy necro
    This and I vote it be 3d. Like true no voxel based no giant pixels 3d. I would pay nearly 500$ for that...just to try it out...