View Poll Results: Do you support constant updating of games and the charge that comes with them?

Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • I dislike updates and will NOT support them, you get no money from me.

1 8.33%
  • I dislike updates but will likely buy the content anyway.

0 0%
  • I like updates and will support them, please take my money.

6 50.00%
  • I like updates but generally can't/won't buy them.

5 41.67%

Games constant updating, how do you feel.

If any of you follow fighters you'll know that lately they have been very very popular. With their popularity, as with all things, a bevy of whiners are in tow. Now that everyone can express their opinion on the internet, everyone does, well thought out or not.

With so many more players on the scene, the fighting game genre is changing a bit. Mostly in the area of updates. Games like Street Fighter IV are getting many updates and a pretty rapid rate. This has set off a shit storm of complaining from folks who feel cheated since the original game didn't include every
    thing that the updates are bringing to the table, mainly new fighters to choose from which for those of you who don't play fighters is the meat and potatoes of that genre. It's less of a "patch update" and more of an expansion. Let it also be known thought updates do happen often and frequently in these games as well, and are generally free. If not, then at least are included in the "expansion" content and usually at a lower price.

So the question is, what camp are you in? Do you feel like constant updates. Or are you of the mind set that this content should be free as we have already shelled out money for the original?

I think it's obvious how I feel about it. I like the updates and think that constant progression is a good thing. Many updates and mechanic changes are due
    to the community, either through direct feed back or through the devs keeping the eye on the trends of players. I will happily shell out 40-60 dollars to play a game now, that is for all intents and purposes "complete" but not refined and be apart of it's growth and changing process.

I think new characters should be pretty cheap. I don't think they should do this 'continual rereleasing' crap. SFIV->SSFIV->SSFIVAE is just stupid, and their excuses for doing so are paper-thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I think new characters should be pretty cheap. I don't think they should do this 'continual rereleasing' crap. SFIV->SSFIV->SSFIVAE is just stupid, and their excuses for doing so are paper-thin.
    So then the question is, what is an "appropriate price" for new characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting the beta tester to find out all the problems is naive. Of course players will find out bugs and balance issue that beta testers did not. But I think that updates needs shouldn't be based on FOTM, like League of Legends do, for instance. Updates should be once or twice a year.

I support additional content too, but I think that, currently, companies are using it to make easy money from fanboys. League of Legends - again - keeps adding useless champions rather than balance the old ones.
    In the case of Capcom, the easiest example is Shuma Gorath and Jill for MvC3. They add nothing to the game, they are both weak characters, and they aren't that cool to worth the money themselves. The SSFIV:AE, while I like Yun and Yang, Evil Ryu and Evil Akuma are crap, we don't need more shotokans, seriously. But I think that MvC3 -> UMvC3 is a good additional content - but I guess we all agree it is expensive.

TL;DR: I support updates to exist, but I don't support the price they ask for it.