Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes it will sell, simply because its a Blizzard game

10+ Year Old Account
    Fanboys and nostalgia will assure its success. But I agree with you, in the current technology, games where you "click click click" are not cool anymore.

PS: I'll buy it for pure nostalgia, the gameplay streams I watched are terrible boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomshackle View Post
    but the real money thingy... wtf blizzard!
    How will it affect your gameplay? Tell me, I really want to know.

On topic: yes

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    I don't think Diablo 3 will be as succesfull as Diablo 2. Why? Because this game genre is dead for several years. Many games tried to release Diablo like games in previous years, all failed. People just don't like "click click click" games anymore.

What do you think?
    Agree to a point. I think the game will be successful in that it will sell millions of boxes. But I agree, that people have evolved past that genre. When D2 came out, there wasn't too much else out there in the form of online games. MMO's have skyrocketed in the past few years, setting a pretty good example of what people expect for an online game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I am quite sure it will be more successful than D2. There are huge amount of people who have never play previous diablos but they know D3 because they play WoW. If you follow D3's development closely and not the type of people that always insists changing even it's a good thing you will know that this game is better than D2 in every way.

Yes, it will be just like SC2 that is a huge success. Some people still say that SC2 is not as successful as SC1 despite the fact that SC2 brought SC to the next level in the term of Esport. SC2 is now global esport rather than korean esport. SC1+BW sold around 11million units that is the best selling game in rts history but SC2 has sold almost 4 million units in 1 month and that was the last number from 2010.. so now we don't really know how many units it has been sold and there's still HotS too. I am quite sure SC2 will sell more than SC2 when HotS come out.

D2 was great game in its time but it had many flaws too If you release the game like D2 in this date then it will fail or just medicore game like many D2 clones.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2011-09-21 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    I think it will sell BIG, whether or not it still has that many people playing it after 6-12 months, I don't know -it's not going to have the longevity of an MMO at the end of the day.... but certainly I think it will be a very big seller at release and a very popular game. I think every single friend and guildie I've spoken to who plays WoW have said they'll be buying it.

you know it is possible for a sequel to be as good or better than it's predecessor..example D2. it may not be the same team working on D3 and certainly blizzard has some flaws but have some faith people geez. from what i've seen of D3 beta footage, it's everything D2 was and more so i fully expect it to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by chaostorch View Post
    you know it is possible for a sequel to be as good or better than it's predecessor..example D2. it may not be the same team working on D3 and certainly blizzard has some flaws but have some faith people geez. from what i've seen of D3 beta footage, it's everything D2 was and more so i fully expect it to do well.
    I like what Blizzard north guys did when they are still at Blizzard but when they left their games is bad IMO. Hellgate just dissapointed me to the point that I won't ever buy their games without playing it first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    How will it affect your gameplay? Tell me, I really want to know.

On topic: yes
    That doesn't matter, it is simply a retarded move from Blizzard. First they take a cut of the money you deposit into the game. Then they take a cut for every item you put up for auction and you won't get it back if it doesn't sell. Then they take a cut of the money you make when you sell said item. And lastly they take another cut when you withdraw your money.

Whether it affects gameplay or not is out of the question, it is just a dick move from a cash horny Blizzard and we are all the worse for them getting away with it. Please do tell, had you been as receptive to such an arrangement had... say EA been the ones to start something like that up? No? Then don't be as supportive when Blizzard does it. No other developer has done this before in a singleplayer game for one reason alone, that it is retarded, not beacuse it is Blizzard being clever and "revolutionizing" as some see it. Just terrible from Blizzard's side.

No matter the company it is always a dick move when they simply try to squeeze as much money as possible out of their way too willing customers, whether that be by slicing games up into DLC packs or adding real money as a valid currency in a game.

On topic... Yes it will be successful. It would be a success even if it was total crap as Blizzard will get away with it solely due to their large fanbase. I am no fan of point-and-click games (which Diablo and Torchlight etc are when you get down to it) as they lack a severe element of complexity imo. But everyone to their own, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    That doesn't matter, it is simply a retarded move from Blizzard. First they take a cut of the money you deposit into the game. Then they take a cut for every item you put up for auction and you won't get it back if it doesn't sell. Then they take a cut of the money you make when you sell said item. And lastly they take another cut when you withdraw your money.

Whether it affects gameplay or not is out of the question, it is just a dick move from a cash horny Blizzard and we are all the worse for them getting away with it. Please do tell, had you been as receptive to such an arrangement had... say EA been the ones to start something like that up? No? Then don't be as supportive when Blizzard does it. No other developer has done this before in a singleplayer game for one reason alone, that it is retarded, not beacuse it is Blizzard being clever and "revolutionizing" as some see it. Just terrible from Blizzard's side.

No matter the company it is always a dick move when they simply try to squeeze as much money as possible out of their way too willing customers, whether that be by slicing games up into DLC packs or adding real money as a valid currency in a game.

On topic... Yes it will be successful. It would be a success even if it was total crap as Blizzard will get away with it solely due to their large fanbase. I am no fan of point-and-click games (which Diablo and Torchlight etc are when you get down to it) as they lack a severe element of complexity imo. But everyone to their own, I suppose.
    Have they actually said they are taking all those cuts or are just assuming so?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Have they actually said they are taking all those cuts or are just assuming so?
    Blizzard takes a cut when it is sold, then so does paypal. Thats at least 2 that we know of.

Deleted
    1) It's a Blizzard game, nuff said they know how to make a good game...
    2) It's Diablo.

I think it will be huge, i might even buy it and I'm not a fan of RPGs and i never played Diablo 2, but beta videos looks cool. The main reason i didn't play Diablo 2 is because i can't stand the graphics.. I'd play game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Blizzard takes a cut when it is sold, then so does paypal. Thats at least 2 that we know of.
    Who cares, the fact is that it didn't cost you anything except your time to farm for said items you have sold anyways. I actually can't wait for Diablo 3 and the Real Money AH, if I am able to make any money at all that it is a plus to me, even if I am only able to make back what it cost to buy the game, that's fine to me.

If you don't want to use it... DON'T it is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I like what Blizzard north guys did when they are still at Blizzard but when they left their games is bad IMO. Hellgate just dissapointed me to the point that I won't ever buy their games without playing it first.
    Hellgate suffered because their venture funding dried up and they needed to release a product ASAP.

Torchlight 2 is a self funded model, they're progressing exactly they way they did with Diablo.

Diablo 1 -- stand alone game.
    Diablo 2 -- multiplayer online game funded with revenue from Diablo 1.

It should be noted that Diablo 1 and 2 were Blizzard games in name only -- they were bought about 6 months before launch, and Blizzard North studios remain unincorporated until the start of the (failed) Diablo 3. Matt Uelman was the only Blizzard North member to persist in the company for several years, but even he too left sometime after the launch of TBC.

Blizzard, like all companies, has its own internal culture and sometimes people don't thrive in different environments.

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 05:45 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Hellgate suffered because their venture funding dried up and they needed to release a product ASAP.

Torchlight 2 is a self funded model, they're progressing exactly they way they did with Diablo.

Diablo 2 -- multiplayer online game funded with revenue from Diablo 1.

It should be noted that Diablo 1 and 2 were Blizzard games in name only -- they were bought about 6 months before launch, and Blizzard North studios remain unincorporated until the start of the (failed) Diablo 3. Matt Uelman was the only Blizzard North member to persist in the company for several years, but even he too left sometime after the launch of TBC.

Blizzard, like all companies, has its own internal culture and sometimes people don't thrive in different environments.
    Diablo 1&2 weren't Blizzard's games in name only. They said that they had joined working much on that project with Condor(Blizzard North before they were bought). You may not know that at first condor wanted to make Diablo1 to be turn base rpg right? but Blizzard irvine insist that they should make it real time. sure, Condor didn't agree with this decision because they had to throw away all the work they had done but in the end they change their mind and made D1 which was the huge success.

If you want to know more about Blizzard history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdBtk...feature=relmfu

There's part about Diablo.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2011-09-21 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    D1 had multiplayer too.

OT: I'm convinced D3 will be very, very successful. There is definitely still a market for "click click" games, and the "real-money-AH" will give it a lot of longevity.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    Because this game genre is dead for several years. Many games tried to release Diablo like games in previous years, all failed. People just don't like "click click click" games anymore.
    Torchlight says hi.

Deleted
    Just by being Diablo is enough. Its not for me but it will be big. Hell nearly half of page one in this forum are about the damn game.

its going to be a paradise for the casual wow player. no monthly fees and a Real money AH that u can buy that amazing gear u dont have time to farm.

No game will give you the "first time" feel like starcraft/warcraft/diablo 1-2 did anymore, but this game will be amazing.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.