Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You said, "Free listings weekly." You would wrong or at the most, way to hopeful.

Given that blizzard wants to take a slice of the money:

when you post an item;
    when you sell an item;
    and then again if you cash out.

I'd say that's a pretty huge move by blizzard at grabbing as much cash as possible.
    Or all those cuts could be a penny, which would be insignificant and barely a cash grab at all. The point is we don't know.

The initial announcement said that there would be weekly or monthly free listings, I'm pretty sure. I'll find a source.

Edit: Nope, nevermind, I'm misremembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Or all those cuts could be a penny, which would be insignificant and barely a cash grab at all. The point is we don't know.

The initial announcement said that there would be weekly or monthly free listings, I'm pretty sure. I'll find a source.

Edit: Nope, nevermind, I'm misremembering.
    Then let's just go with you being hopeful. Nothing wrong with it but I'm not.

Think? I pretty much expect it to be a successful. I love these types of gameplay. I haven't played a good one since... Divine Divinity from 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it will, without question, it's Diablo dude! (x

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much do think it will be a success! Bigger and better then D2 imo

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I also think that this game will be a huge success. There's a huge fan base behind the entire franchise who will definitely buy the game.

I remember them saying in a blue post that you will be getting free listings each week (no idea if this is per account or per toon , also this was a while ago so it might change). Frankly I don't see the problem with Blizz/Paypal or anyone else getting a cut of the money you earn on the AH I mean come on people you are getting money for free the amount shouldn't matter much.

i'm sure it will sell, and it might be better than D2 but it might not be a huge success as D2 was at the time it was released, but it will be huge nonetheless, even if it was just because of the name

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matiwariat View Post
    but it might not be a huge success as D2 was at the time it was released
    Diablo 2 could build on the over-time success of Diablo 1. But I remember a fair lot of my friends still playing D1 over D2 when it got released because they liked the darker atmosphere and thought of D2 as "Diablo for kids and soft people". Realizing this is anecdotal I still think part of success comes from differences in popularity draw. In 2000 the major gaming platform was the PC and generally spoken RPGs was the popular genre at that time. Adding to that hyping was somewhat easier at that time as well because not many subgenres were really well contested and like I've mentioned before Westwood's Nox was a popular contender, while it was good and technologically superior Diablo 2 just won by evolving the Diablo formula.

Diablo 3 has a different starting position, not only gaming platform is not PC platform exclusive anymore, several more genres popped up or are way more popular (F2P MMOs, TD, facebook games), plus Diablo 3 isn't the only ARPG which coming/came out this year it also has to be measured with a few good ones of the past (e.g. Titan Quest and Torchlight). Adding to that reviewers nowadays are more reluctant in general with handing out best scores overall, alot of it can be subscribed to jadedness aka "been there done that. impress me!". So within the context of this time it should still be a comparably huge success. So basically it's like releasing a new and affordable car brand in 1914 compared to say 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will sell well, but it won't be OMGAWESOME massive.

Deleted
    Yes, it will be, no question. I think it will be more than D2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    >Delayed too much? Check.
    >Overhyped? Check.
    >Countless Blizz fans preordering? Check.
    >Stfu pvp guy? Check.
    >Successful sales? Check.

Successful cash cow.
    >Stfu pvp guy? Check.

LOL made my day ^^

I think the industry as a whole is bigger than when diablo 2 was in it's prime. Blizzard has a higher profile today than then, better marketing etc. I also think diablo 3 has evolved just a little from click click click? but i have not really payed much attention to it. All said and done I can not see how it could *not* surpass it's predecessors. Also, I think it is going to be consolised? If so no contest.

I am obviously talking commercially successful here. As of late I think Blizzard is playing the safe card and from a gameplay standpoint I am sort of prepared to be underwhelmed.

After enjoying Bastion, I'm convinced the click to move/attack control mechanic typical of isometric hack/slash/shoot games is incredibly clunky and dated. I'd much rather directly control my character with WASD or an analogue stick while aiming attacks with the mouse. I played the shit out of both Diablos, but Diablo III might not be for me.

Deleted
    D2 was the worst piece of crap I've ever played, D3 looks a lot more polished and playable though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be shocked if it doesnt sell, I mean this is blizzard, they break gaming records with every release since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, so D3 will probably sell well too, the question asked should be if it will sell as well as Diabo 1 or 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huffalicious View Post
    It's gonna be how Starcraft 2 was... good but eh. It's no Starcraft 1!
    Dragoon AI. Just saying.

there are diablo 2 battle chest sets on the shelves of walmart/target today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    PS: I'll buy it for pure nostalgia, the gameplay streams I watched are terrible boring.
    That's not really a fair assessment. It would be the equivalent of judging Diablo 2 from gameplay up to Normal Tristram. Nothing wrong with it, but the creatures aren't exactly menacing.

Of course it'll be successful. Anyone who played D2 will at the very least try D3.

The reason D2 spread so widely was the multiplayer dynamic, and the high level of accessibility. It was a very social, friend-based game. D3 looks to be no different. I know I already have three friends I'll be running with, even our builds (going to be trying a leach based Barbarian myself)

Blizzard seems more committed to building upon D3's endgame than they ever did with D2. There'll be much more to do once you hit level cap than start all over again. By that virtue alone, it'll attract a lot more players.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2011-09-23 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Yes this will be epic. After watching 1 1/2 hrs streams last night I got horny like mad Even found 4 guys Ill start playing with. BB wow as soon as D3 comes out. Guess my gf will be happy with this aswell
    How exactly is your gf will be happy with this :P ?
    If she's a non-gamer type nothing will change, heck wow isnt that time consuming anymore (my opinion)
    If she's a diablo fan on the other hand. go for it dude :P im trying to get mine to come back to wow or any game for that matter (League of legends / Guild Wars 2 soon) etc
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.