Clearing my computer: starting from scratch

recently my local disc (C disc drive has gone very low on disc space. i've deleted as much as possible from it, but it is still extremely full and making it almost impossible to do things. idk why this has happened. is there any way to reset my computer, deleting all my files (ive backed it all up already), like it was brand new? i cant do a system restore because my computer was not saving points before this problem occured. please help! thanks

p.s. using windows 7

Probably some temporary files. There are various ways to get rid of those, but one of the most idiotproof methods is CCleaner.

It's very hard to break anything by using it, but it is possible if you ignore warnings and recommended settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap, GTX460, 555 B3 @ 4ghz, probs play it on low settings @ 1280x1024 ... But will be upgrading whe 600x series cards come out and Ivy...
    -K

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try cleaning your computed with CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Deleted
    Nothing beats a good reinstall.

running ccleaner now

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 02:20 PM ----------

well, that worked

15 gigs now free! ty

Deleted
    what the hell did it delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrage View Post
    what the hell did it delete?
    Browser caches most likely.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fall back plan can always be to do a system restore using the recovery partition or recovery disks. I generally reformat my PC every 6 months to keep things fresh.