Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Firestones exist?

It's the crappiest thing they put into the game. First off they "forgot" to implement the upgrades these firestones should be useable on, meaning there are no 391 items for several slots, second the droprate on these is horrid. I've been at 28 jeroic kills and we got a total of 3 firestones. Considering if the correct upgrades (rep items as well as some of the valor items) that were promised at the start of this tier are implemented the average every raider would need is about 3 of them (and that is not even considering offspec for tanks/healers for a balanced raidgroup). Which would mean that with our current droprate we'd need another 50 weeks to get all our mainspecs the firestones they need.

The idea was fun, but the way they implemented it is just bad.

Doubt the drop rate has been buffed. We did full clear tonight and got one firestone.. although it was the first one in about 5-6 weeks so I guess that's a pretty huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I wonder if the drop rates were increased
    My 10 man wouldnt mind this... We'd been downing shanox since the third week of firelands on heroic and a couple others reguarly for several weeks as well and only got our first firestone last week. We were begining to think they were a forum hoax.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Lirrachus View Post
    Ouch, we have been getting quite a few firestones recently but terrible drops on actual items, so much leather agility gear and daggers gone to waste.
    RNG is telling you to bring more rogues for the upcoming legendary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    RNG is telling you to bring more rogues for the upcoming legendary
    Haha yeah :P As a 10 man guild it isn't exactly easy to fit a new raider in but we do have a rogue, RNG just screws you over when you sit him out and his BiS drops that hasn't dropped since.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    my guild got 2 items + 2 stones today from one of the 10 man grps we did

Quote Originally Posted by Lirrachus View Post
    Do you have a link for that hotfix?

Ouch, we have been getting quite a few firestones recently but terrible drops on actual items, so much leather agility gear and daggers gone to waste.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...e-Posts-Comics

The Grab Bag dropped by all Firelands bosses should now occasionally contain Crystallized Firestones in Heroic difficulty.

We got 6 Firestones tonight from 6 bosses, definitely buffed drop rate. We also got a random shared boss loot from every boss and we and multiple guilds I know people in got Alysrazor mount, I heard it's 100% drop rate on Heroic mode now.
    ehh not really, if it was buffed it wasnt 100 % tough. we didnt see mount yesterday

15+ Year Old Account
    It's intended.

As Dacomp89 said, Firestones can be part of the shared boss loot which does take up another items slot on the table, therefore you got one from the shared boss loot, as appose to one as an extra item.