Deleted

Screen colour is wrong, please help me!

So i recently got a new computer:

ASUS Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR50, 810MHz

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor, Quad Core, 3.3Ghz

ASUS P8P67 PRO B3

Western Digital Caviar® Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM,

Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB

But when i hook up my Philips screen the colours sometime changes to what looks like 8 bit colours.
    and once every 15 minutes or so the screen goes blank for like a second then comes back to normal colours.
    I have already updated the driver so i dont think thats the problem.

I have a notebook pc which work absolutly fine when i hook it up to the screen.
    the OS on the laptop is Vista and on the desktop is Windows 7.

I'll gladly post a few pics of the screen colours if people think it will help.

If anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be, please oh please help me out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the monitor set to display 32-bit color? Enforce it from the GPU if you can through Catalyst Control Center.
    Also what are you using to connect to to the monitor with your PC and laptop? DVI or HDMI?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Both the TV and the computer are set to display 32-bit colours, and they are connected with an HDMI cable

Posting a few pics of the screen colours surely will help.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's an option I would try a different cable. Sometimes a dodgy pin connection can cause the colours to go awry. I had a funky male connector plugged in to the graphics card and it would often cause the screen to take on a very red tint.

Deleted
    Those who asked for pictures, I cannot post pictures on this website at the moment. Im sorry

The cable was not a problem when i used it to connect my laptop to the screen, but it is however plugged into a converter because it for some reason does not fit into the graphic card. could that have something to do with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigz View Post
    Those who asked for pictures, I cannot post pictures on this website at the moment. Im sorry

The cable was not a problem when i used it to connect my laptop to the screen, but it is however plugged into a converter because it for some reason does not fit into the graphic card. could that have something to do with it?
    Sorry if this is a slight necro but it's an unresolved problem I see. The connector adapter being dodgy could be the culprit, but both the card and the adapter are possibilities. The only way I can think of checking this is via the process of elimination. If you have your old video card, and it's compatible with your new setup, I would suggest trying that out to eliminate the chance it may be something on the MoBo or some other device, then, if you can, grab a different adapter and try that out.

Can't you post a URL link to a screenshot? Not sure if you tried that or tried to embed the image in your post.

Something else it may be; which PSU are you using in your new setup? The ASUS Radeon HD 6950 looks like a beefy card and it might not be getting the power it needs.

You could also monitor your card if you wanted to check that out using http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...-Z_v0.5.3.html
    Last edited by Theodon; 2011-09-23 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    I dont think its the card, when i turn of the screen and turn it on again the 8-bit colours disappear again.
    So I thing it might the screen that is the problem.
    I also tried changing the cable with no results. So i think im gonna try out a new screen.

I tried to post a link but with no results, the mmo-site rules state that you cannot post links and imbed pictures until you have a decent amout of post, seems fair enough. But sure would have been nice to be able to post some.

The PSU im using at the moment is a VX 550w Corsair. so it should be enough, but will check it out since it acutally might be possible what you are saying.

I will try out the program you linked and post results when im done.