[Music] Rip r.e.m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15012427

Was one of the best bands in the world and amazing live. May there songs live on forever

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucks, but to be honest I haven't heard anything from them since Monster.

Same here been a while since ive heard anything from them. Just a shame really

Deleted
    I love their music but hey, if they don't feel like it anymore then the time has come for them to move on, no sense in staying a band and ending up with a break-up because they stress out or because of fights among eachother, better to end with grace than to fall on your face.

PS: there's no sense in continueing making music if you don't feel like it anymore, that would just end up in uninspired work that we got so many of already...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah, this put a frown on my face. I'm really sad to see them part ways, they've been such a great and iconic band.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Sad to see a group like this go, but after 31 years it is no surprise. I guess they are just getting tired of playing in a band. I know I would after that long.

Deleted
    Uh not likey. One of the good bands which was played in the radio, like the rhcp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never knew they were even still recording:
    REM's latest album, Collapse into Now, was released in March 2011. It was their 15th studio album.
    I'm a 90's guy, so it sucks to another one split.

I'm fortunate that i got to see them in like 2003, one of the most immense bands i've seen live, genuinely felt like they were performing to every individual in the crowd, granted i'm not the biggest fan but atleast they're going out before it gets to the bitchy stage you see with a lot of bands.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.