Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Not every BG is about capping a flag ndoe so it really comes down to personal preference. There is nothing stupid about it, asshole.
    Actually yes it is, You can effectively use DS in every RBG game it's certainly not personal preference if you are trying to win it is an important tool in a very small toolbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Not every BG is about capping a flag ndoe so it really comes down to personal preference. There is nothing stupid about it, asshole.
    RBGs, like Arenas, are about every little edge you can get.
    Be aware that the majority of RBGs DO involve interrupting people as they are 'casting' to hit a node; even EotS does in RBGs.
    The only two that don't are Twin Peaks and Warsong Gulch.

Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, Battle for Gilneas and even Strand of the Ancients (bombs being defused can be interrupted, and the graveyards too) all benefit from something like Divine Storm.

Like I said, OP; drop the 2 points in Seals of the Pure from your Prot tree. The damage loss will be negligible.

Have you people forgotten seal of righteousness? It basically does the same thing DS does WITHOUT a cd to boot. If you're cc'd you cant hit anything yes, but you can't use DS either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    Have you people forgotten seal of righteousness? It basically does the same thing DS does WITHOUT a cd to boot. If you're cc'd you cant hit anything yes, but you can't use DS either.
    Don't recall the last time I had 4 people on me that SoR was a useful seal. I usually have insight up so I can pump more healing out and spam DS to stop that flag cap. If you can solo 3-4 people with SoR and not die while still interrupting the flag cap impressive to say the least.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Holy wrath isn't even close to divine storm for interrupting node captures or as a stealth breaker due to the lengthy cooldown and basically needing it to fill time between you HP generator of choice. Sotp is actually quite tempting. Art of war proccing is very useful against ranged or people trying to escape with something important so I would.like to keep it.

EDIT: actually, how do you find using seal of insight over truth? If it is good enough to switch to then sotp could be dropped entirely and I could keep art of war and pick up guardian's favor
    Last edited by mmoce84939a4e2; 2011-09-23 at 12:39 AM.

If you can solo 3-4 people with SoR and not die while still interrupting the flag cap impressive to say the least.
    I was about to say "Between the Heal from DS and appropiate CD usage, I can live long enough for support!" then remembered, he's talking about straight SoR, and no DS healing. With enough targets, it's like a 4.5 second WoG almost. RBGing without DS is plain stupid. I can't think of a more useful talent for RBG's personally. Also useful as a stealth break. You aren't always the only person after all. 10 yards from the Healer doesn't mean 10 yards from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Don't recall the last time I had 4 people on me that SoR was a useful seal. I usually have insight up so I can pump more healing out and spam DS to stop that flag cap. If you can solo 3-4 people with SoR and not die while still interrupting the flag cap impressive to say the least.
    If you're alone against 3-4 people that much then your group isn't doing their job right, or you like to go rambo on the opponents' asses a lot. :P
    Never used DS in RBGs, and never had a problem defending a node. It's all about target and seal switching, and having a proper defence.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're alone against 3-4 people that much then your group isn't doing their job right, or you like to go rambo on the opponents' asses a lot. :P
    Never used DS in RBGs, and never had a problem defending a node. It's all about target and seal switching, and having a proper defence.
    Maybe it's just that I'm really strong at solo defending a node and can hold people off longer than a lot of classes.

Maybe it's just that I'm really strong at solo defending a node and can hold people off longer than a lot of classes.
    Seriously. A good Ret paladin can Solo defend a node for a while, especially with all the extra healing from DS.

Defending a node alone at high ratings is not too smart since you can get chain cc'd to eternity if the opponents know what to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Defending a node alone at high ratings is not too smart since you can get chain cc'd to eternity if the opponents know what to do.
    Thank you for your concern but I have been doing this for a long time I think i'll be ok.

Thank you for your concern but I have been doing this for a long time I think i'll be ok.
    Not concerned. Just saying that if your opponents knew how to play even a tiny bit you wouldn't be solo defending anything.

Deleted
    It doesn't necessarily mean solo defending in the sense that you have been left alone at a flag and DS is going to be the clutch that saves the match. Think of it more as 5 enemy players have started getting the upper hand at a node site, got a few kills, you are left either alone or with 1-2 others and DS will save you precious seconds interrupting cap attempts while people res and jump back into the fight. Holy wrath will not match it due to cooldown, and seal of righteousness is too easily lost on pets/aparitions/snake trap/anyone nearby who isn't on the flag.

ANYWAY: for now consider DS as mandatory [in this spec, just to keep conversation flowing], any thoughts on seal of light vs seal of truth to free up points?
    Last edited by mmoce84939a4e2; 2011-09-24 at 01:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    It doesn't necessarily mean solo defending in the sense that you have been left alone at a flag and DS is going to be the clutch that saves the match. Think of it more as 5 enemy players have started getting the upper hand at a node site, got a few kills, you are left either alone or with 1-2 others and DS will save you precious seconds interrupting cap attempts while people res and jump back into the fight. Holy wrath will not match it due to cooldown, and seal of righteousness is too easily lost on pets/aparitions/snake trap/anyone nearby who isn't on the flag.

ANYWAY: for now consider DS as mandatory [in this spec, just to keep conversation flowing], any thoughts on seal of light vs seal of truth to free up points?
    Situation based, heavy pressure insight has saved my ass a number of times 8-10 stack on a EFC turtling truth can't go wrong.