Petrifed Picked Egg?

Thoughts of a possible replacement of Fall of Mortality? Might be silly giving up the mana regen, but with the significant nerfs I feel like its not needed....Thoughts?

Eh, i like the idea behind it, but the Egg has such a bad proc rate along with a really short duration. I don't really see it being that useful in any situation consistantly.

Deleted
    The int is a slight boost but the proc rate is bad and its so short plus the 2k haste only knocks 0.29 of a second off my casts of Gheal (27% haste = 1.96 Gheal cast time) which isn't every good, but with that said the flat + int on it's own may be worth it depending on how much you relied on the regen from Fall of Mortality so if regen isn't an issue then your getting more int + a proc of plus throughput.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-09-22 at 04:40 AM.

It's a simple regen vs. throughput question. If you need regen, use FoM. If you need througput (albeit a small increase from FoM, but if you dont need extra spirit then it's a complete waste anyway) then go with the Egg. There is no empirically "better" trinket. Just depends on what you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really have a hard time calling a haste-proc (not clicky) trinket useful for throughput... the very concept of not knowing when you'll get the haste means the trinket will almost ALWAYS be wasted unless you A) recognize that you had your trinket proc, B) don't waste mana casting too many extra spells, C) actually need to heal almost continuously for the 10 seconds you're hasted. Soo I'd really treat it as a 340 int trinket unless you often run disc with Atonement for, say, 5-mans, in which case you could swap to Atonement for 10 seconds on the proc for extra DPS.

Unless you find a good reason for the haste proc, I'd keep the Fall. You may not *need* extra regen, but it won't hurt you.

EDIT: if you don't need the mana because of the nerfs, you certainly don't need a random throughput boost in place of it. The nerfs made incoming damage that much, much easier to deal with.

Deleted
    I prefer static throughput.

Using Tsunami for example means i can reforge 400 spirit from the rest of my gear into throughput stats.

If you need more regen use FoM. If you want more throughput use FoM and cast faster and stronger heals more often. Swapping to a trinket that randomly allows you to cast 1 spell (yes, exaggerating on purpose but 10 seconds is really not a long duration) a tiny bit faster every 40 seconds when you may not even need to is never a good idea. The egg is still a good starter trinket though for anyone without the luxury to choose considering it takes almost no effort to get it.
    Last edited by Blakkeyez; 2011-09-22 at 01:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    what about shadow, does the haste proc from VE?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I think they fixed this around the time of Althor's Abacus, perhaps sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I tested this last night and it does not proc from VE or Imp DP.

Slightly OT, but something I discovered last night that is in the same vein, though, is DMC: Tsunami does proc from Imp DP. It is entirely feasible to use it for 400 spirit/hit as long as you recast DP before it drops (20sec uptime on the proc).
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-09-22 at 07:29 PM. Reason: formatting, clarity
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Slightly OT, but something I discovered last night that is in the same vein, though, is DMC: Tsunami does proc from Imp DP. It is entirely feasible to use it for 400 spirit/hit as long as you recast DP before it drops (20sec uptime on the proc).
    I just have to say...ooooh! :P