Video card clock comparison

Looking at a few different 580s, I found these 5:

GTX 580 Comparison

With a price range of $100 from low to high end they have ranging clocks:

797-855 MHz Core Clock
    1594-1747 MHz Shader Clock
    4050-4200 MHz Effective Memory Clock
    1.5-3 GB VRAM

For the difference in price, is there a noticeable difference in performance from the low end to the high end of the spectrum? Which of the four statistics has the highest performance gain in being increased? My understanding is that 1.5/3 GB of VRAM isn't really a noticeable difference, at least for current gen games.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In my experience 60MHz core clock is barely noticeable unless benchmarking. In real world performance you wouldn't see a viewable difference. As for the 1.5GB of VRAM vs 3GB you would see a difference during high resolution multiple monitor set ups, but even still 1.5GB VRAM is more than enough to run two monitors comfortably.

Forgot to mention that I would go with the EVGA Superclocked for the reduced price and free arkham asylum, mainly for the reduced price though. I just don't see a high enough gain in performance from the other models. Although I would want to see the average temperature across each model. Lately it would seem that the high end model cards from MSI have been receiving some very good reviews due to their cooling.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2011-09-22 at 04:34 AM.

I would go with the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130590 or the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127579 for the 580's your comparing. The EVGA would be your best bet IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    MSI Twin Frozr. Best cooling option available, and clock speeds that small apart don't mean much (plus, overclocking the cards is so ridiculously easy you can get those speeds with little to no issue)

I was leaning towards either the Gigabyte or the cheaper MSI. The GIGABYTE had the higher clock speeds of the cheaper fans, but I am more familiar with MSI as a Video Card. Actually with shipping the MSI is a bit cheaper

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    If i am not mistaken, most of these companies put their highest quality CPUs in the cards they sell as OCed.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

MSI Lightning is the current king of overclocking graphics cards. Base clocks aren't impressive, but it has superior power distribution components that allow OC way past other cards on air, water and liquid nitrogen.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    If i am not mistaken, most of these companies put their highest quality CPUs in the cards they sell as OCed.
    That was what I had heard as well, and the reason I am looking at factory overclocked over the slightly cheaper stock/reference versions. The idea being since the factory overclocked have the same warranty as stock, they would put better VRAM, CPU, coolers, etc. in the factory overclocked cards to avoid RMAs.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface