Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Alja View Post
    I love disc (my disc spec is w/out atonement), I don't really have mana issues and I just love the feel of it more than holy. I can play holy fine and mana seems to be okay there as well, I just like the feel of disc better. It's all personal opinion/choice. As far as the person stating that disc requires being fed innervates, innervate sucks when cast on someone other than the casting druid and it's just not necessary to have as a priest (or really any healer), every druid I know including when I play on my druid uses them on themselves.
    I only got innervates on Baleroc b/c we always 2 healed it so that's about the only time in FL that I can remember ever getting an innervate.. maybe once on Rag when someone f'd up really bad... but yea... innervate on a priest in either spec shouldn't be necessary in a raid setting. Maybe heroics if they're poorly geared but that's about it.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Holy is as good as Disc, it's depending on how you play. If you play optimally then you should do good in both specs, I usually go Holy on Rag and HRhyolith and HBeth.
    Holy is theoretically as good a Discipline. In the real world however, Discipline brings more things to the table when it comes to clearing the current content. Discipline is more cooldown based (which makes it a very mechanic spec, in my opinion) which is a lot more suited for the design of "big hit incoming in 3 seconds, have a cooldown or die!".
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  3. #23
    ok, as a guild we are on rag HC, ive always been discipline but i really thought i needed to be holy last night, how wrong was i........

    ive been holy before, i nkow the playstyle, chakra's etc etc but it was sjut pure fail, it had almost no output and very poor mana regen in comparisson.

    with proper group compositions (melee with tanks, ranged together etc) so the PoH covered all ppl, it was jsut far far FAR superior to use disc

    our comp was holy pally (primary tank heals) and me as disc raid healer, just PoMing the tanking and shields for rapture

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I do believe someone on this forum has a sig saying;

    Holy Priests are perfect, too bad the raid design isn't.
    or similar.
    Believe it.
    Hi. And this is contributing to the thread.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire allatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Swansea, Wales
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    As gear gets better disc just shines more and more aswell, due to the 15% int increase and the fact that disc mana regen is based around int and holy is based around spirit which most high end FL gear simply doesn't have.
    How has the myth that there is no Spirit gear become so entrenched? The only slots that don't have spirit on as stat are the belt and trinkets (thought int trinkets are nice, DMC:Tsumani is still outperforming most FL trinks for Holy). Every other single slot has gear available either from boss drops or valor points that has plenty of spirit on it.

    If you're Holy and having mana trouble then you should try managing your regen mechanics better: fiend, pots of concentration, Hymn. All three can be used in every single FL fight and there is usually plenty of opportunity (ie. a quiet moment) to utilise both a pot and a hymn.

    Personally I don't like the playstyle of Disc, but that's just my preference. I've played Holy since 2005 and right now in FL with our elaing team consisting of me, a holy pally and a shammy, I don't feel at all 'underpowered' or 'broken'.

  6. #26
    I run 2 disc specs, 1 with atonement and 1 without. Since atonement gives disc more AoE utility, it's actually quite competitive with Holy. Though I guess holy MIGHT be better if you're dual-healing a raid with a holy pally.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    How has the myth that there is no Spirit gear become so entrenched? The only slots that don't have spirit on as stat are the belt and trinkets (thought int trinkets are nice, DMC:Tsumani is still outperforming most FL trinks for Holy). Every other single slot has gear available either from boss drops or valor points that has plenty of spirit on it.
    Really? Show me those 391 spirit bracers and boots - or something that doesn't rely on conqueror drops, which never happen anyway.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    How has the myth that there is no Spirit gear become so entrenched? The only slots that don't have spirit on as stat are the belt and trinkets (thought int trinkets are nice, DMC:Tsumani is still outperforming most FL trinks for Holy). Every other single slot has gear available either from boss drops or valor points that has plenty of spirit on it.
    There's no spirit gear from DROPS, while all other healers have spirit gear from drops. Also, there is no 391 spirit option for:

    bracer
    waist
    boots

    So, Sinestra bracers, "Of The Undertow/Wavecrest" belt, and crafted boots are all BiS for a spirit set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    Being able to spike to 60k raw without use of a cd is pretty nifty for ignition/seeds. Pretty sure no other healer can do that.
    Holy Radiance *cough*

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Alja View Post
    I love disc (my disc spec is w/out atonement), I don't really have mana issues and I just love the feel of it more than holy. I can play holy fine and mana seems to be okay there as well, I just like the feel of disc better. It's all personal opinion/choice. As far as the person stating that disc requires being fed innervates, innervate sucks when cast on someone other than the casting druid and it's just not necessary to have as a priest (or really any healer), every druid I know including when I play on my druid uses them on themselves.
    They changed innervate a while back. It now gives 5% mana based off the receivers max mana when cast on other players. Feral druid innervate is VERY usefull.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    They changed innervate a while back. It now gives 5% mana based off the receivers max mana when cast on other players. Feral druid innervate is VERY usefull.
    Or you could say that they all suck the same now. Innervate is nowhere near as big deal as it used to be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •