Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    Deleted

How much gold do you have?

I'm sure there have been threads like this before, I searched for some minutes but couldn't find any. Thought a thread like this couldn't hurt, to get some insigth in other people's carreers.

I'll go first. I am playing WoW now for around 3 years on a medium population server with little raid progression. I have 740k gold now, my goal is 1 million.

My first 100k gold I made was using JC in WotLK, achieved due to the fact that my JC was also an Alchemist. I transmuted epic gems and cut them right away, and sold for a very decent profit. It was not very time consuming.

Then I moved on to Inscription and plunged into the Glyph market. I got myself acquainted with all addons available and was in the game just around Glyphmas (when they reformed the Glyph system to permanently learned) and made a huge profit of this. It is quite timeconsuming though, and quite a lot of undercutting going on.

Recently I discovered a new market: old world enchanting mats. Using addons I buy cheap greens and disenchant then, then sell the mats for a ridiculous profit (600%) to lazy power levelers. This is very easy and requires very little effort.

Unfortunately (?) this small obsession has caused me to forfeit my real playing time. I hardly do quests or raid, I am always AH'ing while chatting to my guildies (I am the GM of a raiding guild). I find it very interesting to make more and more gold, but even at this moment I already have a quite pointless amount. Many guildies ask me what I plan on doing with it, but I don't know. I can buy whatever the hell I want, but I don't

edit: I could have had more if I didn't spend anything at all. I did buy the first Sandstone drake (73k), and after that 2 others for my friends (42k x2).
    Last edited by mmoc7d1fcf6335; 2011-09-22 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got like 114g

892k atm. Lost the willpower to make any more. Just spending gold on guild mats for feasts/enchanting mats since we burn through that crap.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Epohax View Post
    I'm sure there have been threads like this before, I searched for some minutes but couldn't find any. Thought a thread like this couldn't hurt, to get some insigth in other people's carreers.

I'll go first. I am playing WoW now for around 3 years on a medium population server with little raid progression. I have 740k gold now, my goal is 1 million.

My first 100k gold I made was using JC in WotLK, achieved due to the fact that my JC was also an Alchemist. I transmuted epic gems and cut them right away, and sold for a very decent profit. It was not very time consuming.

Then I moved on to Inscription and plunged into the Glyph market. I got myself acquainted with all addons available and was in the game just around Glyphmas (when they reformed the Glyph system to permanently learned) and made a huge profit of this. It is quite timeconsuming though, and quite a lot of undercutting going on.

Recently I discovered a new market: old world enchanting mats. Using addons I buy cheap greens and disenchant then, then sell the mats for a ridiculous profit (600%) to lazy power levelers. This is very easy and requires very little effort.

Unfortunately (?) this small obsession has caused me to forfeit my real playing time. I hardly do quests or raid, I am always AH'ing while chatting to my guildies (I am the GM of a raiding guild). I find it very interesting to make more and more gold, but even at this moment I already have a quite pointless amount. Many guildies ask me what I plan on doing with it, but I don't know. I can buy whatever the hell I want, but I don't
    What addon if you dont mind me asking?
    I myself have a good 30k. Not alot but a decent amount. made it back in WotLK farming titanium, and prospecting it. Originally it was to get my mechano hog, then just for the hell of it.
    That being said, I spent alot to buy pets for my 100 pets achievement and mounts for my 100 mount achievement.
    Last edited by Thrive; 2011-09-22 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    i got like 50k give or take, depending on if i need some enchants or have farmed for money in a while, and i feel damn right xD guess i will get a little owned in this thread.

Hmmmmm if i count all servers some where around 300-450k

Deleted
    I got 11k. but thats from 2manning most of the old content, i cant seem to get into the glyph market... tho I do have 525 of it.. Could use some tips if ur still using urs

Tobad the main contesters for me (low pop realm) is 2 guildies ;(

1000g, im so freaking rich.

Completely lost count.

I used to run around with low amounts of gold, maybe having 5,000 on me at any given time but a few heavy raids and enchants on new gear could wipe that out. Then I listened to an amazing podcast all about fortune card flipping and thought "what a great idea, I'll try that". Even on a dying server (Aerie Peak) I made about 600k in a week. Yes, 600k in a week. Eventually though everyone started doing it and the prices dropped dramatically. Still, I had fun whilst it lasted. Would literally stand in Orgrimmar for 2 hour stretches doing milling.

After that I just started crafting the occasional Alchemist mount. I used my goblin to buy the mats then sold them for about 5k profit. Only sold one or two a week.

Since then I haven't really done much but I'm quite sure I've got over a million gold across my chars plus hundreds of thousands in mats.

Deleted
    600g!

(no "0 or "k" missing here)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    What addon if you dont mind me asking?
    Auctioneer for AH prices.
    Tradeskillmaster to restock / sell glyphs (even with addons easily over an hour work a day)
    Tradeskillmaster to buy greens to DE

The clue to getting rich in WoW is, I have found, volume. If you have money, you can spend a lot more money than others can. At this point I have so much money I can easily buy out all Infinite Dust at the AH for like 1.5k, then relist it using my default price for a total price of 2500g. This makes me the only seller, and people have to pay MY price. The supply for Infinite Dust is limited so I won't get undercut too badly.

Same goes for the mats I need for my trade: ore and herbs. I still have so many in stock (to be prospected, to be milled), that I can easily wait untill the prices are low again. I never buy expensive mats, then I'll just use my stock and survive the expensive period. Sometimes I will just buy 200 stacks of ore because it is cheap, even if I still have 100 stacks in my bank. Even if I spend like 8000g on ore, I will get at least 20.000 out of it, over time.

around 500k.

did a mistake early 4.2 and payed 140k for two cleavers, which i thought i should b able to sell little higher. ended up with that i equipped them. after that everything went wrong. gave up the goal of 1mio so i bought all boes that i could to my dk and gave 100k to an irl friend.

maybe i should have been capped by now if i had not made that mistake? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    A little under 7k gold, at the moment.

I was always bad at making gold, I hate it with a passion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skum View Post
    Then I listened to an amazing podcast all about fortune card flipping and thought "what a great idea, I'll try that". Even on a dying server (Aerie Peak) I made about 600k in a week. Yes, 600k in a week. Eventually though everyone started doing it and the prices dropped dramatically. Still, I had fun whilst it lasted. Would literally stand in Orgrimmar for 2 hour stretches doing milling.
    Ah good old fortune cards. I was in this business as well for weeks before it was not worth it anymore. My cost to craft one card would be around 4g, while I sold them for 30g, so I had a profit of let's say 25g per card. I advertised heavily, and sold a lot. I estimate I made around 75k-100k using the fortune cards, but your 600k is extreme. It can only mean your server has very unique circumstances, meaning your cost to craft a card is only 2g, and you sold for close to 50-60g per card or something, and then you sold you like 10.000 cards in your prime period?

Right now prices are at 9g/card, which isn't enough profit for my inks. I'm better off selling glyphs, on a profit per ink basis.

Like 15k :/

I suck at making money, I usually get the odd BoE or too from Firelands and sell it

If anyone would like to share a few tips; would be appreciated ^^

I mainly use Alchemy, Herbing and Mining. Levelling JC atm

I got about 14k on my main server, with about 4k-5k in investments (meaning if everything sells at the current market price on my server, Shadowsong, Alliance, I will gain 4k-5k). I just recently got into gold making, I was really into it near the end of wrath because I was so bored with pve and I started pvping a lot, and I found it was fantastic, while I queue'd for a pvp match, about 5 min queues or so, to get on my tailor and stand by the ah while spamming trade "WTS [Epic Cloth Piece] #g" and if I get a psst I buy the mats out and make an instant profit. sometimes ppl wind up saying "no nvm" and that stuff was really hard to sell on the ah otherwise so I normally wound up breaking even then. I had an xmute alchemist at 450, tailor at 450, jc at 450, and ench at 450, but only really used tailoring because the gems/enchants market was completely flooded at the time.

now I'm getting back into it and I'm having fun again. I got hacked a few months ago (it sucked ) and they DE'd all my gear and everything. Blizzard was nice enough to send me all my gear back, plus the stuff they got from the DEing, plus the gold they made off of it, and some of the stuff they sent twice!! (because they sent it from their systems plus from the guy who hacked me). I wound up with about 10-15 metas, 50 heavenly shards, 20 maelstrom crystals, and about 66 stacks of embersilk cloth. I should have sold it all at the time but Auctioneer wasn't updated for Firelands (patch 4.2) yet so I just said forget it.

good thing is the gems market on my server is seeming less flooded now time for my xmute alchemist to get to work! lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I make a Poll.

This is a very interesting matter to me. and I would really like to make a poll about it.

0-100 G
    100 - 1.000 G
    1.000 - 5.000 G
    5.000 - 25.000 G
    25.000 - 50.000 G
    50.000 - 100.000 G
    100.000 - 250.000 G
    250.000 - 500.000 G
    500.000 - 1.000.000 G
    1.000.000 - 2.000.000 G
    2.000.000 - 5.000.000 G
    5.000.000 - ?

Anyone know how to make a poll like that?
    Last edited by tussee; 2011-09-22 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

I have about 60k spread around my toons. I do dailies when I feel like it and can rack up a few hundred but I don't tend to spend the gold at all. I usually play the AH when it is a certain time something sells for alot and use that to my advantage.