Deleted

Slight problem with reforging

Just so you know this is not a "help me im bad" thread.

I just have created 2 setups for my current shamans gear with reforging and everything. I was just hoping to get a 2nd opinion on which of the 2 would be better for Firelands etc (non heroic)

1st is on 17.07% hit:

chardev.org/?profile=233247

2nd is on 16.32% hit:

askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/argent-dawn/ixzo#v1-z1-g53,ED7,06XER4f11Kw29CG2t0K0O090S01020110,,CA0DH1G7BE584962F

If you can please state WHY the one would be better than the other, and if you have a completely different version I'd love to know aswell

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

-Ixzo

15+ Year Old Account
    having hit cap is rather important every mised LL as well as SS is serious dps loss, if you want to use mr robot site change weight of hit and expertise, they are not acurate there, you can also try reforgelite addon its working like a charm for me

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply kosajk, I'll try that add-on.

I've noticed that a lot of ppl don't go for the full 17% tough.. would you reckon 16.32% is still to low ? i've seen many high end raiding guilds with ppl that are on 16.5% hit and think that's by far enough.

I'll run another mr.Robot with higher weights on the hit and see what comes up

Regards,

-Ixzo

Edit: If youre ele, ignore the enhance stuff. IN that case, the reason some people might be under, is possibly because the only way for them to reach the spell hit cap requires them to gem for it, and in their circumstances its actually better to stack intellect, and thus offset the dps lost from any missed spells. I have never personally encountered a high-level elemental shaman that was in this situation though; it shouldnt be hard to hit 17% in raiding gear.

Lava lash and Stormstrike are covered by the 8% hit cap for specials, unless im grossly mistaken.

What you ARE at risk of losing out, are the lightning bolts, lava bursts (if youre doing the whole hardcasting jive) and shocks. I.e the spells, since 17% is the spell hit cap.

Depending on your mastery levels, and whether you're rocking the caster axe and such, it would be a loss to miss your spells, especially if you are hardcasting. Even without the caster axe, weaving in lightning bolts at lower stacks of Maelstrom Weapon procs (during downtime) is usually a dps increase, but that assumes you're spellhit capped.
    Last edited by bloodhaven; 2011-09-22 at 07:08 PM.
    Brightaegis - Enhancement Shaman - Stormrage

As bloodhaven said, the 17% cap is only important for spells, rather than special strikes. Spells for us include LB, LvB, shocks and fire nova. I also believ that Searing Totem uses our spell hit table, and that alone should be reason enough for pushing to hard cap spell hit.

Also, keep in mind, as dual-wielders, hit is actually useful to us above the spell cap. Unlike pure casters or 2H melee classes, we need 26% melee hit to be fully 'capped'. Until you hit that point, you can still miss white swings. Its not a huge difference, but ultimately its better to have that extra 10 points in hit and go slightly over the spell cap than to have a few lost stacks of your searing DoT over the course of a fight.

Edit: My bad. Saw a few posts about LL and SS and thought this was supposed to be an enhance thread, then looked at armory and saw you were elemental. It doesn't really change the fact that hit cap is very important, but you don't gain anything over 17%. My advice, try to get as close (but still at or over) cap as you can. Even being .5% below cap (missing 1 spell in 200) is still going to hurt a lot if it takes an LvB away from you. It might be worth playing with an int/spirit gem or to close the gap.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2011-09-22 at 07:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    sorry for misleading, idd i forget that 17% hit is only cap for spells, anyway i prefer to have it

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Personally, I feel anything below 16.9% is too low. It is much easier, if you have the gear, to unforge some off pieces and reforge a main piece to either get it within the 16.9% - 17% range or slightly over.

Deleted
    I suggest either staying at 17.07%, or reforging crit to mastery on your relic and getting 16.80%. 16.8% will only hurt you with really bad luck, 16.32% is to low.