Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need a recommendation. Coolest PC Case.

As the title says, I am looking for a very cool pc case, and by cool I mean TEMPERATURE not aethetics. Any recommendations?
    My PC is currently using a liquid cooled CPU, on an ATX sized board with two video cards in SLI. Also need enough space for an SSD Drive and a HDD Drive, and Optical Drive. Thats about it, Otherwise, I need to keep the pc cool.

I am using an MSI board that uses AMD CPU with an Nvidia Chipset. It was a replacement for a DOA board I got but this one tends to run kind of hot and the case I have even with extra fans is not cutting it, I am not able to acheive negative case pressure with the case, seriously need something else.

Any help is appreciated.

****Edit***
    And why does SpeedFan run like trash? All my fans are running off the board and it still wont control them properly, feels like some are running too slowly (400rpm?) should i just get one of those NSXT-like Fan control modules?
    Last edited by Chowderman; 2011-09-22 at 01:36 PM.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Deleted
    Is this cool enough?

If you are looking for just one part of a desktop (case) I would recommend to walk into the nearest computerstore and see what they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post
    I
    If you are looking for just one part of a desktop (case) I would recommend to walk into the nearest computerstore and see what they got.
    As if really good cases are available from the nearest store...

@OT:

I cannot give you exact names, because I haven't build a PC in a long time now. Generally, you'd like to get a case where the PSU is mounted on the bottom (and not on the top), like Zalman's GS1200. LianLi and its alter ego LanCool make great cases. I used to own the LanCool K60 and its a terrific case — very functional, easy to work with, superb airflow, and very affordable as well.

P.S. Good cases, as good PSUs, usually aren't cheap. If you are looking for best bang for bucks, LanCool might be your best choice.

Go for something from Corsair or Cooler Master HAF series (HAF=High Air Flow).
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderman View Post
    I am not able to acheive negative case pressure with the case, seriously need something else.
    I don't really understand what do you mean by that. It is not possible to get negative case pressure at all, as the case need to draw cool air from somewhere. Optimally, you have soem fans which draw the cold air to the case (from the front usually), and additional fans which exhaust the hot air from the back/top.

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post

@OT:

I cannot give you exact names, because I haven't build a PC in a long time now. Generally, you'd like to get a case where the PSU is mounted on the bottom (and not on the top), like Zalman's GS1200. LianLi and its alter ego LanCool make great cases. I used to own the LanCool K60 and its a terrific case — very functional, easy to work with, superb airflow, and very affordable as well.

P.S. Good cases, as good PSUs, usually aren't cheap. If you are looking for best bang for bucks, LanCool might be your best choice.
    Thanks, I have been looking at the Zalman Z1000 Z-machine Hybrid Case, but that thing is $600+, LianLi may be a better option I am thinking, at least price wise. I may have to bite the bullet and dump the cash, but i need to keep it cool.

I don't really understand what do you mean by that. It is not possible to get negative case pressure at all, as the case need to draw cool air from somewhere. Optimally, you have soem fans which draw the cold air to the case (from the front usually), and additional fans which exhaust the hot air from the back/top.
    What i mean by that is more exhaust air than intake, creates a negative pressure, there is some debate over negative/positive pressure, right now I am positive pressure so it is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Go for something from Corsair or Cooler Master HAF series (HAF=High Air Flow).
    Actually I have a HAF, its not doing the job, I think the board is just running too hot for it.
    Last edited by Chowderman; 2011-09-22 at 02:29 PM.

NZXT phantom.

10+ Year Old Account
    what temperatures are you running and what do you expect you should be running? you may be going out for a new case when all temps (internal, cpu, gpu etc) are all well within limits

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really should provide some temps with what you're working with to see if there's much room for improvement. If you're looking to create negative pressure, why don't you turn some of your existing fans around or unplug some intakes?

That being said, I have a Rosewill ARMOR, and it's worked well thus far, and very little as far as dust issues go.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Everything usually stays around 50-60C but sometimes I will have a GPU and the CPU spike to over 80C and even 90C, and I check inside the case and it is cooking in there, its like the air just isn't getting out and turning it into an oven.

I had it spike and shutdown the other day, and I am not even overclocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what is your ambient temperature in the room?
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alright so we know the temps, what sort of budget are you working within?

Actually I have a HAF, its not doing the job, I think the board is just running too hot for it.
    Than I must take back my recommendation of the LanCool K60, if your HAF is not doing the job, the K60 probably won't as well. A side question - did you try disconnecting/removing some of the intake fans? That should give you the negative pressure you seek...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    And what is your ambient temperature in the room?
    Ambient room temp has to be about 75 at the hottest, thats about the most i can tolerate before the AC comes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ambient room temp has to be about 75 at the hottest, thats about the most i can tolerate before the AC comes on.
    I assume that's what the thermostat is set at, but is it on the same floor and near that room? I only ask because the difference in temps between my main floor and second floor is a few degrees.

Also, what specs are we looking at? CPU/GPU overclocked?

Than I must take back my recommendation of the LanCool K60, if your HAF is not doing the job, the K60 probably won't as well. A side question - did you try disconnecting/removing some of the intake fans? That should give you the negative pressure you seek...
    The fans I have installed are exhaust, with a single intake in front. Although with the liquid cooler placed in the back of the case, it makes a fan space on the top unusable, so there is nothing there, kind of defeats the purpose of the pressure at all.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I assume that's what the thermostat is set at, but is it on the same floor and near that room? I only ask because the difference in temps between my main floor and second floor is a few degrees.

Also, what specs are we looking at?
    Its just that room, third floor, hottest part of the house. And not its not central cooled, the room itself is pretty stable in cooling.

Nothing is overclocked.

AMD PhenomII 1090t
    MSI NF750-G55
    EVGA GTX 460 SLI X 2

At one point, I even got one of those little RAM coolers to try and keep the RAM cool, and it is heat sinked RAM, its just too dman hot inside that case.
    Last edited by Chowderman; 2011-09-22 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just that room, third floor, hottest part of the house. And not its not central cooled, the room itself is pretty stable in cooling.
    So you're not really sure that the temperature in that room is 75 Fahrenheit or lower?

Deleted
    .....Generally, you'd like to get a case where the PSU is mounted on the bottom (and not on the top)......
    Why is that btw? I noticed lately that alot of cases have their PSU's mounted at the bottom, was already wondering about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
    Why is that btw? I noticed lately that alot of cases have their PSU's mounted at the bottom, was already wondering about that.
    Better air flow. PSU doesn't get all the hot air when it already puts out a lot of heat as is. Cases with a PSU mounted at the top block potential exhaust fans at the top and back where it's wanted the most.

Cooler Master HAF series or Corsair Obsidian series should make you happy.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz